Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2021 Free Agency and Cap Cuts

He had two years left on his rookie deal. They added 4 years to it with 70 mil in new money. which is a good deal for both sides.

Bobby McCain, Miami's starting safety and team captain released.

Miami had Malik Hooker in for a visit. May be adding him as a an injury risk/good player potential and much cheaper

Miami saved like 5.6 million with the cut.

McCain (62.1), Vaccaro (58.8), Boston (53.8) is the PFF grade order. Marlowe same as Tre Boston at 53.8 only less snaps of course. All lower than Duron Harmon by the way. Kearse was between Vaccaro and Boston/Marlowe.

Hooker (60.6) only played like 2 games. 69.5 in 2019, 79.2 (16th) in 2018, 65.3 in 2017. Hooker is an injury risk but the best player out there.

5 rbs on phillys roster... good luck kerryon! My money is on him getting cut again this off season.

Jason Huntley is there too. Got to beat him out and Boston Scott basically

Eagles love former Quinn Lions players
Slay, Fulgham, Kerryon, they wanted to draft McNeil, Huntley and punter Aryn Sipposs

Jamaal Williams reveals why he 'can't wait' to play with QB Jared Goff

And no its not "because I think he's no good so I get to run more" though I think that would be funny.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jamaal-williams-reveals-why-cant-173145588.html

Goff is such a wild card in 2021. Well, the entire offense is, but Goff especially. We want from somewhat of a question mark in Stafford to a giant question mark in JG. He's been really good and he's been pretty bad......which one are we getting?

Goff is such a wild card in 2021. Well, the entire offense is, but Goff especially. We want from somewhat of a question mark in Stafford to a giant question mark in JG. He's been really good and he's been pretty bad......which one are we getting?

Agreed...ive seen REALLY good and REALLY bad. It sounds like Anthony Lynn and him are working collaboratively to install an offense so hopefully in the end its something he feels comfortable with and we get the good Goff. More than likely a stark contrast from the my way or highway approach Mcvay took in the past...although i saw this weekend hes working "collaboratively" with Stafford to put the offense together so maybe he learned from his mistakes.

Goff being a good QB for 4 years would make this one of the greatest trades of all time

The guy went number 1 overall for a reason. There is plenty of talent there. He is still pretty young QB experience wise too.

We'll see if they finally get some semblance of a running game or even a good running game with this Oline and Swift/Williams plus Anthony Lynn. Hock and Fells can block too.

Lions WRs are better than 2020. We'll see if the speed works out and if they stay healthy (Williams) and if the rookie St. Brown can do anything. Having Hock and Swift too helps greatly in passing game too. Lots of options to spread it around and defenses won't know where it is going. Can get a number 1 WR in 2022 draft as well with two choices.

Agreed...ive seen REALLY good and REALLY bad. It sounds like Anthony Lynn and him are working collaboratively to install an offense so hopefully in the end its something he feels comfortable with and we get the good Goff. More than likely a stark contrast from the my way or highway approach Mcvay took in the past...although i saw this weekend hes working "collaboratively" with Stafford to put the offense together so maybe he learned from his mistakes.

I think Stafford is better at reading defenses that Goff is, so my guess is that is more up McVay's alley as far as all the motions and pre-snap reads that offense seems to have.

Funny that Goff was so successful in that same offense for two years and then really went south the last two. There has to be something that was done to effect that. QB's don't typically regress like that as they're COMING INTO their prime years. I do know that the Rams got significantly less athletic skill position players those last two years. Gurley was absolutely NOT the same. He's gone. Lost Brandon Cooks. Not saying that's the only reason, but it does make that offense much easier to defend.

Maybe the reason we have focused on speed so much this off season. Perriman, Raymond and Ratley can all really run. Williams can too. ASB not as fast, but with Golden Tate type quickness and speed.

And so did the Rams. Jackson can still fly and they drafted Tutu Atwell. Both guys in the same mold.

Last edited:

Staff has been really good and really bad. Most QB fit in this role.

Goff being a good QB for 4 years would make this one of the greatest trades of all time

The guy went number 1 overall for a reason. There is plenty of talent there. He is still pretty young QB experience wise too.

We'll see if they finally get some semblance of a running game or even a good running game with this Oline and Swift/Williams plus Anthony Lynn. Hock and Fells can block too.

Lions WRs are better than 2020. We'll see if the speed works out and if they stay healthy (Williams) and if the rookie St. Brown can do anything. Having Hock and Swift too helps greatly in passing game too. Lots of options to spread it around and defenses won't know where it is going. Can get a number 1 WR in 2022 draft as well with two choices.

Your top QB, top RB and top WR (Marvin) are all gone and replaced by new people....

Im a little confused on how OTAs is going to work but i get the sense its limited this year with Lions opting out. So thats less time on the field together before the season. I think its going to be tough...for a lot of teams not just the lions. But literally every facet of the offense is new including the players. We're not going to know what we got until like week 6. I dont know if you can say right now that Aman Ra and Tyrell Williams is better than MArvin Jones and Amendola....i dont think thats true.

In theory our oline is better. I like the RB position better as a group. QB and WRs....who knows.

Last edited:
Your top QB, top RB and top WR (Marvin) are all gone and replaced by new people....

Im a little confused on how OTAs is going to work but i get the sense its limited this year with Lions opting out. So thats less time on the field together before the season. I think its going to be tough...for a lot of teams not just the lions. But literally every facet of the offense is new including the players. We're not going to know what we got until like week 6. I dont know if you can say right now that Aman Ra and Tyrell Williams is better than MArvin Jones and Amendola....i dont think thats true.

In theory our oline is better. I like the RB position better as a group. QB and WRs....who knows.

Players always hated OTA's anyway (Covid and being vaccinated is just an excuse) with a new coach, new QB and many new players it's tougher. But I don't think it hurts much. But I think players will workout with others during the offseason.. Jared Goff: I believe we will get together to work out as a team before minicamp

Marvin does set a high bar. Amendola is solid. Talent wise I think Lions are better right now at WR. Production wise TBD. Both of those guys are vet and had Stafford. And then Perriman is better than rookie Cephus. Year 2 Cephus should be in theory better too

I like Williams over Peterson. And Swift with more experience too as the real top back returning

Tyrell can get 900 yards and 9 TDs though. He has in the past

Rookie is talented but a wild card. Different player. YAC guy with a little more speed.

Marvin does set a high bar. Amendola is solid. Talent wise I think Lions are better right now at WR. Production wise TBD. Both of those guys are vet and had Stafford. And then Perriman is better than rookie Cephus. Year 2 Cephus should be in theory better too

I like Williams over Peterson. And Swift with more experience too as the real top back returning

Tyrell can get 900 yards and 9 TDs though. He has in the past

Rookie is talented but a wild card. Different player. YAC guy with a little more speed.

We don't even know if Y2Cephus even sees the field. They are obviously focused on adding speed to the offense....cephus is slow as shit.

We don't even know if Y2Cephus even sees the field. They are obviously focused on adding speed to the offense....cephus is slow as shit.

He will be number 4 like he was supposed to be last year. That too shows we are better at WR, not relying on Cephus as much. Heck Radley or Raymond could overtake him or one of the UDFAs

Speed, separation, YAC, good routes with some blocking in there too

And we'll see how the new scheme looks too

Offense has more of a chance than people think if the Oline is top 5

Back