Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 NFL Draft Strategy - Thru Week 13

We know at least one QB is going to sky rocket up the draft board and be a top 3 pick. We need a QB, might as well take him at #2.

We know at least one QB is going to sky rocket up the draft board and be a top 3 pick. We need a QB, might as well take him at #2.

No need to take a crapshoot at a QB when most of this crop at our 2nd first round pick. I wouldn't take a qb until the later rounds. Too many immediate holes when as Goff can cover the QB position for one more year.

There's like 6 qbs all ranked similarly.... one will fall to the top of the 3rd. We need a quality back up with future potential you can groom. That's what a 3rd rd pick is for. You wait til 3 and get a guy like Carson strong.... that's a win. You wait till 3 and no one is there.... you've lost nothing cause goff is starting regardless next year.

There's like 6 qbs all ranked similarly.... one will fall to the top of the 3rd. We need a quality back up with future potential you can groom. That's what a 3rd rd pick is for. You wait til 3 and get a guy like Carson strong.... that's a win. You wait till 3 and no one is there.... you've lost nothing cause goff is starting regardless next year.

You also have 1-2 QBs that will rise during the draft process. We all saw Goff isn?t the guy. Draft QB w #2 and you have the Oline, TE, RB and draft capital to build around him.

3rd round qb, you lose the 5th year option so potentially future cap room lost in 2026. Wait until 2023 and its a year to learn lost even if its just practices and preseason and being there on game day

Rams pick for qb seems like best option. Stud pass rusher at 2. Wr round 2. Safety or lb is a great spot for round 3

With the improved QB here at the end of the season, I hold off till 2023 and see of these QB misfits actually work out. The talent level in 2023 is so significantly better that they will come into 2023 not far behind anyone taken in 2022, and with higher ceiling to surpass the 2022 crop no later than halfway through 2023.

If you want a potential backup, get him in FA or on Day 3 of draft. Who knows, maybe they hit on Brady 2.0 in R6.

Could not agree more With Goff's recent play it has taken the need to come away with a QB in this draft, IMO. I would not take a QB with any of our first three picks. I like this QB class in tha late 1st early 2nd area because there are a lot of really talented guys who need time to develop. Like you said there is a very good chance one of them slips to the top of the 3rd. That is the perfect time to take that plunge as a 3rd round pick he doesn't have to be anything more then a sold back-up. Obviously you want more then that one day, but if it doesn't happen its not a huge deal. Pickett, and Corral will not slip that far they are 1st rounders. I also think Malik Willis will not slip either. I do think Desmond Ridder, Sam Howell, or Carson Strong has a chance of sitting there at the top of the 3rd and I like all of their potential. If they are I would take that plunge.

Could not agree more With Goff's recent play it has taken the need to come away with a QB in this draft, IMO. I would not take a QB with any of our first three picks. I like this QB class in tha late 1st early 2nd area because there are a lot of really talented guys who need time to develop. Like you said there is a very good chance one of them slips to the top of the 3rd. That is the perfect time to take that plunge as a 3rd round pick he doesn't have to be anything more then a sold back-up. Obviously you want more then that one day, but if it doesn't happen its not a huge deal. Pickett, and Corral will not slip that far they are 1st rounders. I also think Malik Willis will not slip either. I do think Desmond Ridder, Sam Howell, or Carson Strong has a chance of sitting there at the top of the 3rd and I like all of their potential. If they are I would take that plunge.

Sam Howell is going to be your draft riser. How he went from being projected first overall to suddenly a third round pick despite carrying a terrible team on his back is beyond me. Dude is a stud.

Sam Howell is going to be your draft riser. How he went from being projected first overall to suddenly a third round pick despite carrying a terrible team on his back is beyond me. Dude is a stud.

Its possible, but I don't think he breaks in to the top two QB's, past Corral and Pickett. I also think both Willis and Ridder have more upside then Howell. Doesn't mean they will be drafted ahead of him or will have a better career, they just have better physical attributes, IMO. I think Carson Strong is the guy who has the best chance of being there at the top of the 3rd.

This is the answer.

Goff is the guy for next year, and honestly we could do a lot worse. I'll be the first to admit I don't really follow college football, but IMO now is not the time to take a flier on a QB at or near the top of the draft when the most of the draft guys say this isn't the year for that position. We need DL, WR, LB, S, and multiples of each. Let's fix that first, roll with #16 next year, and see what happens. This was never going to be a one year fix anyway.

This is the answer.

Goff is the guy for next year, and honestly we could do a lot worse. I'll be the first to admit I don't really follow college football, but IMO now is not the time to take a flier on a QB at or near the top of the draft when the most of the draft guys say this isn't the year for that position. We need DL, WR, LB, S, and multiples of each. Let's fix that first, roll with #16 next year, and see what happens. This was never going to be a one year fix anyway.

It?s not a one year fix but it needs to be a two year fix. The first year you tank, 2nd year get your QB, 3rd year compete. Rodgers is about to leave the division and that means it?s going to be wide open. We need a our future QB to start getting reps game one next season. The longer we wait on the QB, the longer the rebuild process will last.

It?s not a one year fix but it needs to be a two year fix. The first year you tank, 2nd year get your QB, 3rd year compete. Rodgers is about to leave the division and that means it?s going to be wide open. We need a our future QB to start getting reps game one next season. The longer we wait on the QB, the longer the rebuild process will last.

grab the wrong QB before you build a good team and the "re-build" takes a lot longer.

We can always offer Goff/#2/Rams 1st 2023 and a 3rd for Wilson and see if the Seahawks bite!

For that to work Goff would have to be playing really well, in which case why wouldn't you keep a guy who's 6 years younger? I am not saying Goff is the answer by any means, but taking on Wilson (who I love) while shipping draft picks we desperately need seems like the perfect recipe for another teardown/rebuild in about 2025.

For that to work Goff would have to be playing really well, in which case why wouldn't you keep a guy who's 6 years younger? I am not saying Goff is the answer by any means, but taking on Wilson (who I love) while shipping draft picks we desperately need seems like the perfect recipe for another teardown/rebuild in about 2025.

Goff hasn?t played well at all, we know that. He might have had a couple decent games but the majority of the season he looked like a backup QB AT BEST. I highly doubt we would be in the Wilson market but he would make us instant NFC North contenders w Rogers leaving. Giving up #2/Rams 1st(2023)/3rd rounder would still leave us w a 1st this year and next.

2 - KT Edge
I think Hutch will still be on the board. Im going with the freak athlete that can play the true edge role. Upgrade over Harris opposite. Romeo comes back to be that edge setting DE. Id trade 2 in a heartbaet if we could add value/picks and enable us to target Jameson Williams or Devin Lloyd.

30 - Drake London WR
This rams pick is starting to look later and later barring a Stafford playoff debacle. Treylon Burks, Jameson Williams, Devin Lloyd all off the board. Im taking BPA at WR that can play outside the hash. Drake might not be there at this point either...

34 - Dax Hill S
Will Harris...enough said. I wanted to put Travon Walker here because i think he'd be the BPA but Brockers and Levi will both be on the team next year and he'd be a rotational plug with more upside than either of them. Take the starter.

Last edited:
2 - KT Edge
I think Hutch will still be on the board. Im going with the freak athlete that can play the true edge role. Upgrade over Harris opposite. Romeo comes back to be that edge setting DE. Id trade 2 in a heartbaet if we could add value/picks and enable us to target Jameson Williams or Devin Lloyd.

30 - Drake London WR
This rams pick is starting to look later and later barring a Stafford playoff debacle. Treylon Burks, Jameson Williams, Devin Lloyd all off the board. Im taking BPA at WR that can play outside the hash. Drake might not be there at this point either...

34 - Dax Hill S
Will Harris...enough said. I wanted to put Travon Walker here because i think he'd be the BPA but Brockers and Levi will both be on the team next year and he'd be a rotational plug with more upside than either of them. Take the starter.

If we go Hutch or Thib, I would like to see a trade up and get NaKobe Dean. If we?re drafting D w the #2 pick, let?s go all in and really improve this D.

Back