Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 NFL Trade Deadline

biggunsbob

I?m sure I?m missing some.

Young to the 49ers.
People?s Jones to the Lions.
Sweat to the Bears.
Qb Dobbs to the Vikings.

Last edited:
Peoples Jones is a decent player. Nice field stretcher.

It tells me that Jamison sucks

Shame they didn't try and get a d linemen. I guess they are counting on Houston to come back from injury.

Last edited:
Peoples Jones is a decent player. Nice field stretcher.

It tells me that Jamison sucks

I don?t think this move has anything to do w Jamo. I view it more as replacing the depth(if that?s what we call it) of Marvin Jones.

I don?t think this move has anything to do w Jamo. I view it more as replacing the depth(if that?s what we call it) of Marvin Jones.

This. I don?t think this says anything about JMo?.i think they just want another WR with some size. We have Reynolds and a bunch of smaller WR after that.

I think DPJ gives them another big body in the red zone, too.

Young for a 3rd rd pick on last year of deal is way too much. Need is there for sure but holmes went for value rental.

Last edited:
Jones to Peoples Jones

Good move for the WR depth

Worried about the CB depth with Moseley hurt. If Sutton or Jacobs get hurt, we are in a big trouble. They are solid starters though and Branch is a good nickel.

Dorsey, Gilmore, Harris can't trust them but the two young guys could surprise like Jacobs did in 2021. Have Averett with experience on the PS too

Young for a 3rd rd pick on last year of deal is way too much. Need is there for sure but holmes went for value rental.

which player has a greater potential to be a difference maker? Pass rushing edge Chase Young, or a #3 WR?

which player has a greater potential to be a difference maker? Pass rushing edge Chase Young, or a #3 WR?

1/2 season of Chase Young
or
4 years of Alim McNeill, Kerby Joseph, or Hendon Hooker type player?

Probably the later.

1/2 season of Chase Young
or
4 years of Alim McNeill, Kerby Joseph, or Hendon Hooker type player?

Probably the later.

Agree always take the 4 cheap years for a young player. Really pays dividends in year 2 to 4 so have to be patient too

Lions even had an extra 3rd this year from the Hock trade (but no 4th).

Lions have plenty of EDGES and get Houston back in December it seems. Cominsky doing the dirty work and is underrated for that. Paschal, Romeo, Charles Harris can step up. Julian O has been getting some sacks at least too replacing Houston. They just had 6 sacks and the most pressure of any team in 5 years (and Raiders were actually solid pass blockers coming into the game)

Just got to figure out mobile QBs and be aggressive with them. At this point, I don't care if they burn us on the ground, figure out how to get pressure so they don't burn us through the air. Or just win the shootout come playoff time

Last edited:
Agree always take the 4 cheap years for a young player. Really pays dividends in year 2 to 4 so have to be patient too

Lions even had an extra 3rd this year from the Hock trade (but no 4th).

Lions have plenty of EDGES and get Houston back in December it seems. Cominsky doing the dirty work and is underrated for that. Paschal, Romeo, Charles Harris can step up. Julian O has been getting some sacks at least too replacing Houston. They just had 6 sacks and the most pressure of any team in 5 years (and Raiders were actually solid pass blockers coming into the game)

Just got to figure out mobile QBs and be aggressive with them. At this point, I don't care if they burn us on the ground, figure out how to get pressure so they don't burn us through the air. Or just win the shootout come playoff time

They had to send half the D to get to him most of those 6 times. The front 4 aren't getting it done enough. It's a concern. Good QB's and WR's not dropping passes pick us apart.

They had to send half the D to get to him most of those 6 times. The front 4 aren't getting it done enough. It's a concern. Good QB's and WR's not dropping passes pick us apart.

Lions pressured a ton not just the 6 sacks (3 from blitzes)

But agree Dline 4 or 5 man rush has to win more. Lions rush 5 often with the SAM in there and that leaves them open to get picked apart if the LBS and safeties and CBS are worried about a mobile QB. The 4 and 5 man rush has to do better but the coverage has to hold to to help the pass rush.

Back