Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 NFL Trade Deadline

Those were the 3rd rounders under Holmes. 3rd rounders aren't a throwaway pick.

Chase Young name is bigger than the player he is.

from an article I was reading

"Young, meanwhile, has been healthy and effective this season. He has 5.0 sacks on the year. He has a 18.4 percent pass rush win rate (13th in the NFL) and a 24.1 percent win rate on true pass sets (20th), per Pro Football Focus. He?s PFF?s 15th-rated pass rusher on the edge among 113 qualified players"

You are right. 3rd rounders are not a throw away pick. The 49ers have three, two of which are comp picks. If Young continues to play as well as he has been this year, they will likely get a 3rd or 4th round comp pick if he leaves via free agency.

Those were the 3rd rounders under Holmes. 3rd rounders aren't a throwaway pick.

Chase Young name is bigger than the player he is.

Very true. I would take him for a 5th or 6th, but he is marginally better than Romeo at this point.

Very true. I would take him for a 5th or 6th, but he is marginally better than Romeo at this point.

I believe they'd get a comp pick back if Young signs elsewhere after this year. Likely 3rd rd. So give up a 3rd for a year vs doing nothing.

2.957 million Chase Young is the cap hit for the 49ers

Less carryover for the Lions or buffer this year if they took that on too. Only had like 6.3 million in space (due to CGJ and Mosely on IR)

Who knows what they demanded from Lions if Lions even called? Maybe they thought 49ers 3rd rounder would be more valuable. At this point Lions do have the better record but I guess we have the Vikings 3rd rounder too.

More about not signing him long term is the reason my guess/cutting into development playing time

I believe they'd get a comp pick back if Young signs elsewhere after this year. Likely 3rd rd. So give up a 3rd for a year vs doing nothing.

Only get a comp pick if the Lions don't sign anyone from a different team. We might spend money on CB2 again with a bigger vet contract. Or a new guard not on this team. Doubtful a vet WR X. Unknown.

2.957 million Chase Young is the cap hit for the 49ers

Less carryover for the Lions or buffer this year if they took that on too. Only had like 6.3 million in space (due to CGJ and Mosely on IR)

Who knows what they demanded from Lions if Lions even called? Maybe they thought 49ers 3rd rounder would be more valuable. At this point Lions do have the better record but I guess we have the Vikings 3rd rounder too.

More about not signing him long term is the reason my guess/cutting into development playing time

reported that the 49ers are giving one of their comp picks, so it would be after the Lions 3rd rounder

reported that the 49ers are giving one of their comp picks, so it would be after the Lions 3rd rounder

They don't have comp picks yet. That doesn't come out until the offseason

But I guess it could be one for the minority hire. That is the only way

But still, cap money involved, signing him long term involved. You don't give up a 3rd for a half year rental

Last edited:
Only get a comp pick if the Lions don't sign anyone from a different team. We might spend money on CB2 again with a bigger vet contract. Or a new guard not on this team. Doubtful a vet WR X. Unknown.

he's talking about the 49ers

3rd rd pick for a half year of young is nuts. 2nd rd pick for sweat for same half year is ...a reason to get fired.

3rd rd pick for a half year of young is nuts. 2nd rd pick for sweat for same half year is ...a reason to get fired.

Bears have money to re-sign and probably will. Which could be a mistake too

49ers restructured like 5 major contracts last year. I don't know if they have room for Young or not in 2024

49ers did have extra picks it seemed from comp picks for Ryans (Houston HC) and Carthon (Titans GM) leaving. And maybe a 3rd comp for McGlinchey big deal with Denver but signed Hargrave to massive deal so doubt it. They had extra 4th from Trey Lance trade too.

It's a weird rule. I get the sentiment an definitely helps minority hires, but like the Texans hired him and the Titans hired them. 49ers couldn't stop it if they wanted to and yet they get a 3rd rounder. I guess they helped "develop" him to get the job though

49ers same applies. If Young walks but they sign someone from another team to big money, they might not get a 3rd round pick

49ers are in an odd position. They are $40M under the cap right now but over next year. Based on that, I doubt they sign any expensive free agents next year. They will likely sign Aiyuk to an extension this off season.

I agree that the Sweat trade was odd. The Bears are giving up what is likely to be a pick between 32-40 because they suck. Add to the fact that they are not even remotely in a playoff hunt...I don't know what they are thinking.

As far as Young to the 49ers, that pick will be in the 95-100 range. I understand that Young hasn't lived up to his #2 overall pick, but he had a significant knee injury late 2021 and missed most of 2022. This year he is #5 in the NFL in QB pressures with 40, right behind Bosa who has 41. I think it was a good move for them.

Hutchinson 4.5 sacks
Thibideaux 8.5 sacks

Hutch gets home more then we aren't talking about how we need another pass rusher.

Adrian and KT have very similar stats so far KT has played 3 less games. Adrian has 4 more interceptions.

KT
22 games played, 12.5 sacks, 74 combo tackles, 46 solo, 13 assist, 14 TFL, 23qb hits.
6 pass deflections, 3 forced fumbles 3 recovers.

Adrain?s stats
25 games, 4 interception, 7 pass defections, 1 forced fumble, 4 fumble recovery?s
14 sacks, 75 combo tackles, 50 solo, 25 assist, 13 tfl, 25 qb hits.

Pretty similar guys so far.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThibKa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HutcAi00.htm

Last edited:
Lions should have offered the Raiders 3 first in 2025, 2027, 2029.. Jamo. Raiders trade Maxx, and Adams and we swap 2024 seconds.

Probably still not enough right ?

Lions should have offered the Raiders 3 first in 2025, 2027, 2029.. Jamo. Raiders trade Maxx, and Adams and we swap 2024 seconds.

Probably still not enough right ?

Lions don't have the cap space right now for that. I guess Goff could restructure but still. Adams would be like 1-2 year rental if he even comes here. Crosby would be awesome but no way the Raiders trade him away. They will build around him

Back