Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Off-Season Thread

Regarding Ben Johnson, I'm hoping only 1 year of OC experience will deter teams from making their final cut. I don't think Glenn was as strong a candidate, but even he had a couple HC interviews last offseason.

He would be crazy to take on that clown show.

That's how I'm hoping all these coaching searches pan out.

Shit show jobs like the Texans, Broncos and Rams....hopefully Ben Johnson won't want.

And decent jobs like Carolina, Arizona, Indianapolis and NO will be looking for a veteran or someone with a track record of success longer than one year.

That's just wishful thinking.

Colts interviewing Glenn and Johnson

Would get a 3rd at some point for AG at least

not excited about anyone projected around pick 6 at the moment Trade down would be great. Hoping someone falls in love with the 3rd qb on the board. Right now I'm reaching for a cb in my mock.

Guys i really like in the draft I'm hoping we can target... they all have mid to late 1st rd grades:
Trenton Simpson LB
Ocyrus Torrence G
Antonio Johnson S
Cam Smith CB

Mock draft
6 Joey Porter Jr CB
18 Antonio Johnson S
48 Dalton Kincaid TE
59 Andrew Vorhees G
81 Hendon Hooker QB

FA Roquan Smith LB

Last edited:
not excited about anyone projected around pick 6 at the moment Trade down would be great. Hoping someone falls in love with the 3rd qb on the board. Right now I'm reaching for a cb in my mock.

Guys i really like in the draft I'm hoping we can target... they all have mid to late 1st rd grades:
Trenton Simpson LB
Ocyrus Torrence G
Antonio Johnson S
Cam Smith CB

Mock draft
6 Joey Porter Jr CB
18 Antonio Johnson S
48 Dalton Kincaid TE
59 Andrew Vorhees G
81 Hendon Hooker QB

FA Roquan Smith LB

I wouldn?t be surprised to see us move one of the first rounders for an accomplished player. It was rumored we were going after Deebo last year and we all know Holmes comes from a team that hasn?t had a 1st rounder since 2016. Might not take too much to land a Ramsey or Lattimore who?s teams are in cap hell w no 1st rounders.

Trenton Simpson LB
Ocyrus Torrence G
Antonio Johnson S
Cam Smith CB

Mock draft
6 Joey Porter Jr CB
18 Antonio Johnson S
48 Dalton Kincaid TE
59 Andrew Vorhees G
81 Hendon Hooker QB

FA Roquan Smith LB

Roquan gone

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/10/ravens-roquan-smith-agree-to-five-year-extension/

Just read the Roquan news... damn it. Plan B. Sign both Edmunds brothers. Boom S and LB covered.

I get wanting to extend/re-sign him and I don?t blame them.

#1 priority for the Ravens should?ve been Lamar. Lamar is the one who will produce in the win/loss column more than anyone in that franchise. I don?t blame him one bit sitting out the past 4-weeks and not risking injury.

I don't know who made their case more. .... lamar or Baltimore?

Lamar can say... see you need me or else you turn to shit.

Baltimore can say... see we can't rely on you cause you're always injured.

Last edited:
I don't know who made their case more. .... lamar or Baltimore?

Lamar can say... see you need me or else you turn to shit.

Baltimore can say... see we can't rely on you cause you're always injured.

I know if I was Lamar, I would?ve went into the season knowing I?m not playing 17 games. Show them MVP caliber play and wrap myself in bubble wrap until they pay me. If they franchise me again, I?ll give them a wink and do it again the following year.

I get wanting to extend/re-sign him and I don?t blame them.

#1 priority for the Ravens should?ve been Lamar. Lamar is the one who will produce in the win/loss column more than anyone in that franchise. I don?t blame him one bit sitting out the past 4-weeks and not risking injury.

I think Smith was going to be an unrestricted FA. They can franchise Lamar.

Also, Lamar wants $230M guaranteed. Smith is "only" guaranteed $60M.

I would franchise Lamar or let him walk. No way I would give a RB that is an average thrower $230m. See if another team is as crazy as Cleveland.

I think Smith was going to be an unrestricted FA. They can franchise Lamar.

Also, Lamar wants $230M guaranteed. Smith is "only" guaranteed $60M.

Yeah they can and I?d be willing to bet they get the exact same results as they did this year. Play some early games and finish the season on the couch wrapped in bubble wrap.

Back