Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Off-Season Thread

3 year 18 million for Anzalone

Ok that is a fuck up even if he did play better 2nd half of last year

Too much, but waiting to see the guaranteed money and cap hits. If it?s more incentive-based I can probably live with it. The coaching staff loves him, not much more to say.

Too much, but waiting to see the guaranteed money and cap hits. If it?s more incentive-based I can probably live with it. The coaching staff loves him, not much more to say.

Your profile pic magic has all but warn of.... weren't you able to summon who you wanted to let go by your photo?

Knows system and leadership but definitelt could have upgraded

Round 2 lb less likely too

Knows system and leadership but definitelt could have upgraded

Round 2 lb less likely too

I don't know if that would've happened anyway. LB just isn't a priority for Holmes. I think the plan is to build up the secondary and the line, have AA call the plays and get a few tackles here and there. The focus has been on building the line and rotational pieces, next up has to be the secondary, Sutton is a good start and we'll see how they approach the draft.

Why aren?t we throwing money out to improve? All these teams w less salary than us find ways to beat us in free agency year after year.

Stop being cheap Fords and spend some f?n money. Most of us are tired of losing and rebuilding year after year.

#Broncos so far in Day 1 of FA:

OT Mike McGlinchey: 5-years, $87.5M

G Ben Powers: 4-years, $52M

DE Zach Allen: 3-years, $45.7M

LB Alex Singleton: 3-years, $18M

QB Jarrett Stidham: 2-years, $10M

TE Chris Manhertz: 2-years, $6M

CJ Gardner-Johnson, Bobby Wagner and OBJ would be a few players I?d like to see us target.

Why aren?t we throwing money out to improve? All these teams w less salary than us find ways to beat us in free agency year after year.

Stop being cheap Fords and spend some f?n money. Most of us are tired of losing and rebuilding year after year.

#Broncos so far in Day 1 of FA:

OT Mike McGlinchey: 5-years, $87.5M

G Ben Powers: 4-years, $52M

DE Zach Allen: 3-years, $45.7M

LB Alex Singleton: 3-years, $18M

QB Jarrett Stidham: 2-years, $10M

TE Chris Manhertz: 2-years, $6M

Good teams don't dish out money like that. It's not a winning strategy.

Good teams don?t roll over cap year after year. That?s even a worse strategy.

The Lions didn't last year. They had to restructure to make room for all the IR guys due to all the injuries. Rolled over like only 2 million and 800 K adjustments. Lions fully spent

There is a buffer you need for top 51 to top 53, Practice squad and IR. They all count in September on

Draft is 8-11 million in space

Lions actually have a great well respected cap guy in Mike Disner

Good teams don?t roll over cap year after year. That?s even a worse strategy.

You have absolutely no idea if those signings will make any difference. If the Broncos go on to win 12 games then sure......you're point is valid.

If they win 1-2 more games than last year.....that is A LOT of wasted money.

Shit......if Wilson just plays better they're going to be dramatically better this year.

You have absolutely no idea if those signings will make any difference. If the Broncos go on to win 12 games then sure......you're point is valid.

Shit......if Wilson just plays better they're going to be dramatically better this year.

Also one team alone doesn't prove the method works either. Could be a one off. Would need data on all 32 teams for several years to see if the biggest spenders have the biggest improvements. Biggest spenders are usually the worst teams so they have the most room for improvement. Other teams might not spend, and might just draft well and re-sign and just stay good for years.

And agree like you alluded to, you can get improvement in other ways too
1) player development (especially young players like the Lions have)
2) better coaching/schemes (new and improved OCs/DCS/position coaches leading to 1 or making regular players look better by playing the scheme to their strengths (see Ben Johnson and Goff last year and play action)
3) availability of players that were hurt and are good (basically an addition too, see Holmes comments on Jameson Williams being an extra 1st this year)
4) players around them get upgrade, so player who was average or poor do better (ex a good Dline/DTs and box safety for Anzalone to do less and play better)

I?m not talking about just the Broncos. It feels like 3/4 of the league improves their roster year after year w less salary cap than we do in free agency.

When it comes to FA, I have the patience of Holmes on draft night. I want everyone lol

I?m not talking about just the Broncos. It feels like 3/4 of the league improves their roster year after year w less salary cap than we do in free agency.

When it comes to FA, I have the patience of Holmes on draft night. I want everyone lol

Weird, cause every year some teams get worse. How could that happen if 3/4 of the league gets better?

Back