Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

234,000 Jobs Unemployment Down to 8.3 %

Its funny that conservatives think that the the rich will work harder if we give them more and the poor will work harder if we give them less.

Its funny that conservatives think that the the rich will work harder if we give them more and the poor will work harder if we give them less.

It's funnier that people think that they are entitled to be given anything at all. Forget the "rich." We do not necessarily need them. The secret is not to devise ways for the rich to give the rest of us more of their wealth. The secret is to create our own wealth. It might begin with a job of cleaning up after someone else, but it doesn't have to end there.

Who started this? Instead of "It's funny" say "Forgive me for noting" and you've got something that's getting kicked around all of the sudden.

It's funny that people like tsmith think that if (when) Obama is reelected employers will just say screw it and lay off a ton more people, or that they will hire a bunch if Romney is elected(LOL).

The President does not effect as many things as FOX News watchers think.

Does not control gas/oil prices. (except maybe in Clarkston)
Does not have a magic button that creates millions of jobs/or eliminates them.
Does not put millions of people on welfare because he's a Democrat/or kicks people off because he's a Republican.
Does not cause the housing market to crash/or make it flourish.

The idea that if (when) Obama is reelected we will become Spain with our unemployment is more retarded than tsmith is.

And rag on unions all you want, but unions are one of the big things from stopping big business (and their Republican buddies) from outsourcing even more to China, Mexico, and India.

Last edited:
It's funny that people like tsmith think that if (when) Obama is reelected employers will just say screw it and lay off a ton more people, or that they will hire a bunch if Romney is elected(LOL).

The President does not effect as many things as FOX News watchers think.

Does not control gas/oil prices. (except maybe in Clarkston)
Does not have a magic button that creates millions of jobs/or eliminates them.
Does not put millions of people on welfare because he's a Democrat/or kicks people off because he's a Republican.
Does not cause the housing market to crash/or make it flourish.

The idea that if (when) Obama is reelected we will become Spain with our unemployment is more retarded than tsmith is.

And rag on unions all you want, but unions are one of the big things from stopping big business (and their Republican buddies) from outsourcing even more to China, Mexico, and India.

The main reason businesses don't hire is because of Obama's threats and current business policy enactments. bottom line they don't trust him.

Obama has an influence on oil production in millions of acres but chooses not to move "forward".....

facts are fact thumber.......during his pathetic administration he has added to the rolls of the dependents like no other...after all even former Speaker Pelosi says unemployment stimulates the economy, LOLOLOL

The main reason businesses don't hire is because of Obama's threats and current business policy enactments. bottom line they don't trust him.

Obama has an influence on oil production in millions of acres but chooses not to move "forward".....

facts are fact thumber.......during his pathetic administration he has added to the rolls of the dependents like no other...after all even former Speaker Pelosi says unemployment stimulates the economy, LOLOLOL

So businesses don't hire because they don't trust Obama and his threats? :lmao:

If we discovered 1 trillion barrels of oil tomorrow it wont change the price of oil, prices are set by a cartel, not by availability.

After all, half the oil producing countries are now democratic, and more friendly to the US, and Oil's not any cheaper.

US oil companies making record profits never lowered the cost of oil any either.

Last edited:
that would lower the price of oil, unless all of that trillion barrels was located in OPEC countries.

even then, it might lead to the breakup of OPEC unless it was proportionally distributed among OPEC nations.

The decline of oil yields from easy-to-access fields, and the growth of automobile travel in China and India have been the primary movers in the price of oil.

I think the answer to oil prices here would be to reduce our dependance on automobiles for travel. we've already shifted more energy production to coal.

stop building exurbs like Clarkston; start putting money into moving people back to reasonably sized homes in Detroit, Royal Oak, Ferndale, etc. and build neighborhoods where people can walk to get around...

or we could be stupid and keep doing what we're doing until the whole thing blows up.

that would lower the price of oil, unless all of that trillion barrels was located in OPEC countries.

even then, it might lead to the breakup of OPEC unless it was proportionally distributed among OPEC nations.

The decline of oil yields from easy-to-access fields, and the growth of automobile travel in China and India have been the primary movers in the price of oil.

I think the answer to oil prices here would be to reduce our dependance on automobiles for travel. we've already shifted more energy production to coal.

stop building exurbs like Clarkston; start putting money into moving people back to reasonably sized homes in Detroit, Royal Oak, Ferndale, etc. and build neighborhoods where people can walk to get around...

or we could be stupid and keep doing what we're doing until the whole thing blows up.

Except if we lower the cost and increase production on domestic oil, OPEC raises the price on theirs and cuts back production, it's a push.

It's funnier that people think that they are entitled to be given anything at all. Forget the "rich." We do not necessarily need them. The secret is not to devise ways for the rich to give the rest of us more of their wealth. The secret is to create our own wealth. It might begin with a job of cleaning up after someone else, but it doesn't have to end there.

I suppose it is funny, but it's pretty much based on the fact that the society we were born into, the United States of America, DID provide entitlement programs to its citizens, because such a thing was GOOD GOVERNANCE.

It provides for some equality of opportunity among citizens, and guarantees that we won't stagnate into a society with strong class barriers, where the luck of birth wholly determines ones future. To this end, education & higher education has to be kept reasonably affordable; and some forms of health care and welfare, employment assistance, etc have to be made available to ensure that unlucky, sick, or injured citizens of limited means aren't essentially thrown to the wolves when they can't work for a period of time. And if this requires that the wealthy are taxed at a marginally higher rate... so be it.

or get ready for a return to the stratified society, where second class citizens don't enjoy all the same privileges as those at the top.

Except if we lower the cost and increase production on domestic oil, OPEC raises the price on theirs and cuts back production, it's a push.

without the leverage they have to high consumption, OPEC has less power. They'll fall apart among internal cheating.

No! Drill, Baby, Drill !!!!

Who cares what happens after the next few years, anyways?

No! Drill, Baby, Drill !!!!

Who cares what happens after the next few years, anyways?

I know you were being sarcastic, but actually this feeling is pretty darn prevalent for many things on both sides of the aisle. I foresee total stagnation for 5 months due to the perceived importance of the November election.

. . . and I say "perceived", because life as we know it is not going to completely end on November 7th no matter who wins the presidential election - no matter how much people seem to think and state that it will. You could have a bit less money, and probably a little less financial security (as an average), but outside of altering how you might think of your long term financial future, I would like to hear what exactly are the things that you think are going change overnight and in the 4 years after? Be real about it.

also . . . and guess what . . . 4 years later we get to do it all again.

I suppose it is funny, but it's pretty much based on the fact that the society we were born into, the United States of America, DID provide entitlement programs to its citizens, because such a thing was GOOD GOVERNANCE.

It provides for some equality of opportunity among citizens, and guarantees that we won't stagnate into a society with strong class barriers, where the luck of birth wholly determines ones future. To this end, education & higher education has to be kept reasonably affordable; and some forms of health care and welfare, employment assistance, etc have to be made available to ensure that unlucky, sick, or injured citizens of limited means aren't essentially thrown to the wolves when they can't work for a period of time. And if this requires that the wealthy are taxed at a marginally higher rate... so be it.

or get ready for a return to the stratified society, where second class citizens don't enjoy all the same privileges as those at the top.

Social Security wasn't nothing more than a tax disguised as a retirement fund......The sooner we get out of it the better. Its too bad we are 30 yrs to late. Reagan had it right with IRA's

I know you were being sarcastic, but actually this feeling is pretty darn prevalent for many things on both sides of the aisle. I foresee total stagnation for 5 months due to the perceived importance of the November election.

. . . and I say "perceived", because life as we know it is not going to completely end on November 7th no matter who wins the presidential election - no matter how much people seem to think and state that it will. You could have a bit less money, and probably a little less financial security (as an average), but outside of altering how you might think of your long term financial future, I would like to hear what exactly are the things that you think are going change overnight and in the 4 years after? Be real about it.

also . . . and guess what . . . 4 years later we get to do it all again.

Oh, completely. Congress will do nothing from now until November and hopes things get worse. As for what might change overnight, I'd say absolutely nothing. And in four years from now, it's hard to say exactly but we didn't get into this clusterfuck by making good decisions for the past 25yrs or so and won't get out of it in short order either.

What I detest about this political environment are those people who - in the face of facts - choose to be obstinant and act like petulant children. I think this applies to both politicians and the American public who is more selfish than at any point in history.

And if Romney is elected, all he will do is spend his first two years blaming Obama and pretending that he's facing some daunting task of "undoing" the past four years and the losers will once again be all of us.

Earth to Captain Dipshit,

You can open an IRA account anytime and who the fuck under the age of 40 thinks Social Security will be around by the time "retirement" rolls around?!

Earth to Captain Dipshit,

You can open an IRA account anytime and who the fuck under the age of 40 thinks Social Security will be around by the time "retirement" rolls around?!

100% of the democratic constituents...sad but true

Hardly.......just listen to our fearless leader, better yet following his actions on it...which is nothing

That's not what you said.

You said, 100% of the Democratic constituents. Which was size XXXXL bullshit coming from your keyboard, as usual.

Back