Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

234,000 Jobs Unemployment Down to 8.3 %

cheeno said:
KAWDUP said:
Read what you posted again, and then come back and lecture about getting a posted tirade. I was joking. Said it tongue in cheek. Added a smiley to emphasize.

Your post was a direct insult showing complete ignorance. You get what you ask for. Be a jerk and get a tirade. Seems fair to me.

SLUT!!!!!

Mine was directed at your post. Saying it was all boom bust cycle kinda misses the point, hence your post is moronic. No big deal. Then you go on a personal attack with as much bile as possible (much like your dimwitted Repub brethren) making you looked like you take comments on a message board way too seriously (which you do) hence "U mad bro". But go ahead and enlighten us on booms and busts since you are the smartest guy in the room.

How about I just give you an English lesson instead. Something it sounds like you need.

<<Rhetorical question directed at a moron (in case you were wondering). >>

That was not directed at the post as you suggest. Typical of your ilk. Hide behind right-wing insults when you have nothing else to say.

. . . and you called me a moron? Like you had a fuckin' clue what it was about. Sheesh! I looked angry?!? What was your post about then?

What an assumption by you that my joke had anything to do with boom or bust. That is why I said it was rhetorical you nitwit, it was meant to emphasize even further that it was a jest. It is you that prevented it from even being a point of discussion. The devolvement of the exchange started with you, and hasn't gotten better. You can keep on thinking you have somehow trapped me into stating a belief that Obama had nothing to do with it. It is your right to do so, I guess, just as it is mine to answer in kind when you are wrong and being a jerk about it.

KAWDUP said:
cheeno said:
Mine was directed at your post. Saying it was all boom bust cycle kinda misses the point, hence your post is moronic. No big deal. Then you go on a personal attack with as much bile as possible (much like your dimwitted Repub brethren) making you looked like you take comments on a message board way too seriously (which you do) hence "U mad bro". But go ahead and enlighten us on booms and busts since you are the smartest guy in the room.

How about I just give you an English lesson instead. Something it sounds like you need.

<<Rhetorical question directed at a moron (in case you were wondering). >>

That was not directed at the post as you suggest. Typical of your ilk. Hide behind right-wing insults when you have nothing else to say.

. . . and you called me a moron? Like you had a fuckin' clue what it was about. Sheesh! I looked angry?!? What was your post about then?

What an assumption by you that my joke had anything to do with boom or bust. That is why I said it was rhetorical you nitwit, it was meant to emphasize even further that it was a jest. It is you that prevented it from even being a point of discussion. The devolvement of the exchange started with you, and hasn't gotten better. You can keep on thinking you have somehow trapped me into stating a belief that Obama had nothing to do with it. It is your right to do so, I guess, just as it is mine to answer in kind when you are wrong and being a jerk about it.

So there actually is a point? Or a joke? I couldn't find neither. Boom-bust made the most sense in your context but if there is an actual point come on out with it man. Don't leave me in suspense!

Right above the joke.

You are giving me a serious impression that you not only didn't read the post, but you still don't understand it. It makes your knee-jerk reaction all that much more of a post deserving a tirade response.

So we are are clear:

Both sides make the same accusations as in this thread when they are not in power.
&
It is a great thing that more people are finding work, no matter who did what. Does that penetrate your brain any better?

KAWDUP said:
Right above the joke.

You are giving me a serious impression that you not only didn't read the post, but you still don't understand it. It makes your knee-jerk reaction all that much more of a post deserving a tirade response.

So we are are clear:

Both sides make the same accusations as in this thread when they are not in power.
&
It is a great thing that more people are finding work, no matter who did what. Does that penetrate your brain any better?

Both points we can agree on. I still don't get the joke. Probably too smart for me. ::)

Don't roll your eyes at me . . . I'll roll your head.
-- Bill Cosby

Oh my, when you have to explain it, it loses something don't you think?

<<. . . , no matter who did what.>>

I wasn't saying it wasn't a conservative jab - it was in what I would consider a small way, but was meant to be more funny than jab. Failure is mine I can see.

The point was now that we can agree that the numbers look better, maybe we can have a discussion on why they got better. I was prepared to discuss the things done by the administration that caused the job growth.

Doesn't matter now, all the time I really had has been used up. I'll catch up here later.

KAWDUP said:
-- Bill Cosby

I wasn't saying it wasn't a conservative jab - it was in what I would consider a small way, but was meant to be more funny than jab. Failure is mine I can see.

The point was now that we can agree that the numbers look better, maybe we can have a discussion on why they got better. I was prepared to discuss the things done by the administration that caused the job growth.

Doesn't matter now, all the time I really had has been used up. I'll catch up here later.

To me it came off as, "well isn't this nice, but what's Obama got to do with it?"

Saying that the numbers are pure politics and the rebound can be attributed to other factors *wink, nudge, smarter than the average bear* is a gross oversimplification because in that case the economy would have no bearing on the sitting president which we both know is not true.

This is the part where KAWDUP calls over his wife to confirm how truly big his e BIG ONE is.

KAWDUP said:
+1 Red - smartest thing said in this thread.

Also for the record, I think it is great (really great) more people are finding work. Also for the record, the number of things the Republicans may use in the election continues to dwindle.

So the question becomes, what did Obama have to do with any of it? :*)

Rhetorical question in case you were wondering . . .

Im friends with a lot of conservatives who have this whole doom and gloom forecast for the US. Once we hit 12 tril debt we hit a place of no return and once the debt hits 22 trilllion were basically going over the cliff. China pulls out and takes a loss to reinvest in India. Housing after 5 years of improvement implodes again because theres still too many bad mortgages out there....banks are still in danger of folding. Gas prices inflate to $8-10 per gallon (the only reason for this is politics on both sides...no reason we shouldnt be moving to natural gas)

After speaking with them the only question i have is.....why wold you want to be conservative? Constantly thinking how miserable and doomed our country is seems so stressful.

You know how big my e-penis is?

. . . and if so, why do you know?

Quit looking.

mhughes0021 said:
This is the part where KAWDUP calls over his wife to confirm how truly big his e BIG ONE is.

So, your sarcastic and pointed retorts are meant to do what then?

. . . and I am perfectly ready to compare notes of your first post in a thread with when I post for the first time in one. The tenor and language used has some pretty marked differences.

KAWDUP said:
mhughes0021 said:

So, your sarcastic and pointed retorts are meant to do what then?

. . . and I am perfectly ready to compare notes of your first post in a thread with when I post for the first time in one. The tenor and langauge used has some pretty marked differences.

Well forgive me for speaking out of turn but I think they were meant to be funny. I got that joke, maybe because it had the word BIG ONE in it.

Well I got the joke. You didn't see my response?

Let's see if you can find the differences in these two entrances into this thread.

MHughes
<<Most conservatives put the actual unemployment number up around 19%. But who the fuck cares about all these other numbers. If every single other president was allowed to use the government number i find it hillarious that all of a sudden Obama isnt allowed to use the government number lol. Fucking ppl are hillarious.....anytime he does something decent its flipped or flat out lied about. >>

KAWDUP
<<Gee, how about this sarcastic remark for ya.

The numbers are 100% accurate if they are good, and totally due to Obama's greatness, and if they are bad, they are completely fabricated, and 100% due to the ineptness of Bush.

Trouble is you probably believe that is an accurate statement.>>

This is what I was refering to when I asked that question. It wasn't a direct response to the joke he just told. No problem with that at all.

I think you would be surprised just how non-angry I am in these discussions.

i type the word fuck, a lot? notice that word isnt directed toward anyone in particular. Im not belittling anyone else or calling anyone names. Im not angry as i think youre trying to suggest. The word is solely being used for impactful purposes lol.

So, why did you change your posts to "e BIG ONE"? I am trying to figure that one out, but nothing is coming to me, not even an insult. :*)

Also, I do not think you are all that angry. What I do think is that you present your ideas sometimes in an effort to get a rise out of people by using epithets (some pretty venomous ones at times), especially for those who wouldn't necessarily agree with you politically. I do believe you certainly hit the nail on the head that my comments are about your "word" usage, and that it isn't often directed at any one poster to this board.

I agree when you mix it all together, a huge majority of your negative posts are not directed at anyone here, but certainly come off as pretty confrontational. In that respect only, I believe I have marked differences when I start into a thread. I try not to mercilessy goad - mostly just try to ask leading questions to present the other side in an argument. When I feel attacked or insulted, I certainly send it back with as much venom as I perceived was sent my way. It has always been this way for me.

All bets are off when it comes to chumpy though. :*)

I realize my opinion here means little, but that is my analysis for whatever little it is worth.

Also, the doom and gloom is there for one over-riding reason. Defeat the current POTUS in November. Those forecasts get exaggerated, but there is some truth in there about the stength of the US economy, and just based on some of the dire possiblities, we should be somewhat leery of what could happen if the world economy begins to fail.

. . . and then politics takes over. I'm not immune as I'm sure is well known, but is anyone claiming that isn't one of the reasons why we are here?

cheeno said:
KAWDUP said:
-- Bill Cosby

To me it came off as, "well isn't this nice, but what's Obama got to do with it?"

Saying that the numbers are pure politics and the rebound can be attributed to other factors *wink, nudge, smarter than the average bear* is a gross oversimplification because in that case the economy would have no bearing on the sitting president which we both know is not true.

Well in your first statement no denial from me, the quoted part was probably somewhat implied although not meant as an insult in any way. The part about "isn't that nice" is not true (I think it is a great thing), but I also did not mean it as a statement about boom or bust, it was meant as a tongue in cheek remark meant to spur conversation, not to imply that the administration had no part in the better numbers. Actually your second statement is pretty far from where I was heading.

I did not expect to get so sidetracked by the venom that came back my way. My statement is no different than what a great majority of other posters do here to get a discussion going, but I didn't insult anyone. I didn't say anyone was a moron, I didn't call anyone a name in making the remark. In fact I wasn't belittling the better numbers or even implying that the administration did or did not do anything to affect the numbers. I wasn't placing blame on a particular party or calling them out for being stupid. Yes I wanted to discuss the origins of how and why the jobs were getting created, and would certainly take a more conservative view on the matter, but I was still open to discourse and not making any kind of judgement.

In any case, I just want to re-iterate, it was not meant to be a snide remark.

<babbling soapbox over>

KAWDUP said:
So, why did you change your posts to "e BIG ONE"? I am trying to figure that one out, but nothing is coming to me, not even an insult. :*)

Also, I do not think you are all that angry. What I do think is that you present your ideas sometimes in an effort to get a rise out of people by using epithets (some pretty venomous ones at times), especially for those who wouldn't necessarily agree with you politically. I do believe you certainly hit the nail on the head that my comments are about your "word" usage, and that it isn't often directed at any one poster to this board.

I agree when you mix it all together, a huge majority of your negative posts are not directed at anyone here, but certainly come off as pretty confrontational. In that respect only, I believe I have marked differences when I start into a thread. I try not to mercilessy goad - mostly just try to ask leading questions to present the other side in an argument. When I feel attacked or insulted, I certainly send it back with as much venom as I perceived was sent my way. It has always been this way for me.

All bets are off when it comes to chumpy though. :*)

I realize my opinion here means little, but that is my analysis for whatever little it is worth.

Also, the doom and gloom is there for one over-riding reason. Defeat the current POTUS in November. Those forecasts get exaggerated, but there is some truth in there about the stength of the US economy, and just based on some of the dire possiblities, we should be somewhat leery of what could happen if the world economy begins to fail.

. . . and then politics takes over. I'm not immune as I'm sure is well known, but is anyone claiming that isn't one of the reasons why we are here?

i didnt change it....it must be an auto edited word or something lol....which i find to be quite funny.

Difference of opinion is what makes a board or else the board would be pretty boring. Although i debate (furiously at times) with other people on here its usually not my objective to ruin their day. In the end i respect a difference of opinion.....but moreso i respect someone who can debate that opinion and explain their view instead of just calling someone else wrong. Most of the people in the Politics thread atleast somewhat do a good job of that. Which makes this boards fun!

Yes, I auto edited the word. Thought it'd bring me some fun to the argument and found it funny, lol. The little things in life :) .

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Yes, I auto edited the word. Thought it'd bring me some fun to the argument and found it funny, lol. The little things in life :) .

Well it missed one in post #68. So I thought he had changed it. I knew you had the power, you power mad board moderator. :*)

mhughes0021 said:
KAWDUP said:
+1 Red - smartest thing said in this thread.

Also for the record, I think it is great (really great) more people are finding work. Also for the record, the number of things the Republicans may use in the election continues to dwindle.

So the question becomes, what did Obama have to do with any of it? :*)

Rhetorical question in case you were wondering . . .

Im friends with a lot of conservatives who have this whole doom and gloom forecast for the US. Once we hit 12 tril debt we hit a place of no return and once the debt hits 22 trilllion were basically going over the cliff. China pulls out and takes a loss to reinvest in India. Housing after 5 years of improvement implodes again because theres still too many bad mortgages out there....banks are still in danger of folding. Gas prices inflate to $8-10 per gallon (the only reason for this is politics on both sides...no reason we shouldnt be moving to natural gas)

After speaking with them the only question i have is.....why wold you want to be conservative? Constantly thinking how miserable and doomed our country is seems so stressful.

so you dont want to face the issue.....you are an Obama clone

tsmith7559 said:
mhughes0021 said:

so you dont want to face the issue.....you are an Obama clone
i dont have 22 trillion to give the US govt....im sorry tsmith.

Back