Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

5 of the last 6?

sorry,there are at least 5-6 of us on these forums

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

I'll count any of the rest of them when that poster has lasted a full calender year.

Okay, tomdalton counts a little, but he's about a 2 to your 9.9.

Green and White and gotime909 aren't really the "just waiting to talk smack" types at all.

SpartanMack is just way too green to count yet.

Too green on so many levels.

Way too GREEN and WHITE that is! But I don't talk trash, strictly truth to power!

This isn't uncommon... if Miguel Cabrera struck out 12 straight times and then only struck out 4 times over the next 150 PA's would you say he's only struck out 4 times over his last 150 PA or would you say he's only k'd 16 times over his last 162 PA's?

Why would Sparty go back 10 years? They've dominated the rivalry of late.

Maybe we should just look back 1 game. That's a good time period.

At least we've got a Spartan acknowledging Michigan as a power.

except I don't think I've ever said anything about michigan's legacy - I was mainly referring to a few posters' propaganda promulgated on these pages. "numbsacks" I believe they're called.

Last edited:
except I don't think I've ever said anything about michigan's legacy - I was mainly referring to a few posters' propaganda promulgated on these pages. "numbsacks" I believe they're called.

I didn't say you said anything about Michigan's legacy.

I didn't say you said anything about Michigan's legacy.

Is that not implied in order for a Spartan to recognize michigan as a power? especially considering, as was pointed out here, that we've won 4 of the last 5 meetings?

Is that not implied in order for a Spartan to recognize michigan as a power? especially considering, as was pointed out here, that we've won 4 of the last 5 meetings?

If it's implied, then you implied it because I'm not even talking about something that was implied. You used the word "power". I know it's a common phrase, but there's no analogy to it. It means what it means.

Maybe we should just look back 1 game. That's a good time period.

that's not what the detroit papers are doing, they're all about 2011, never mind the game from last year that you guys won, let's talk about 2011.

If it's implied, then you implied it because I'm not even talking about something that was implied. You used the word "power". I know it's a common phrase, but there's no analogy to it. It means what it means.

I would have inferred it, you would be the one to imply it. Since I'm not in the habit of attributing power without any basis for it, it's not such a stretch to infer that you were implying it. But again, I was speaking to the consistent propaganda of a few posters herein, not michigan as a "power", legacy or no legacy.

I do get some satisfaction out of these "brace for a loss" threads

I would have inferred it, you would be the one to imply it. Since I'm not in the habit of attributing power without any basis for it, it's not such a stretch to infer that you were implying it. But again, I was speaking to the consistent propaganda of a few posters herein, not michigan as a "power", legacy or no legacy.

So you're calling the posters on this board a power then? Fine. Either way.

I still didn't imply anything about a legacy. You either called Michigan or the board posters a power and I pointed it out.

I do get some satisfaction out of these "brace for a loss" threads

Did you miss where I said Michigan will be going for 2 in a row or did you just conveniently ignore that part of the post. This post is not a brace for the loss post, it's a sick of brainless drivel post, as if the games 2 or 3 years ago hold any relevance whatsoever compared with games 9 or 10 years ago or further

So you're calling the posters on this board a power then? Fine. Either way.

I still didn't imply anything about a legacy. You either called Michigan or the board posters a power and I pointed it out.

I'm calling a few of them propagandists. That much should have been clear after the second time I said it. The phrase originated in the 50s from a Quaker campaign to push the US to make a peaceful stand against fascism. Said differently, fight propaganda with truth.

Again, since you said, "At least we've got a Spartan acknowledging Michigan as a power" I don't thinks its all that unreasonable to infer that you were referring to their legacy since, as it was pointed out earlier, recently State has had the upper hand in the rivalry.

Last edited:
I thought you were a Michigan fan every other week but this one. Which is crazy.

Close. michigan is my second favorite program and I root for them whenever they're not playing MSU.

Last edited:
Back