Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anyone struggle with insomnia?

DR said:
Try using meth for a few days straight. After that you should be able to fall asleep without waking up after a couple hours.

I use amphetamines everyday.. Good ol' Adderall.

I'm not sure if the Melatonin worked. I leaning toward yes because I was able to fall back to sleep after waking up several times. I woke up 3 times and would estimate each time it only took about 20 minutes to drift off again. I also cut out sugar yesterday (I had been raiding the kiddos halloween candy) so maybe it was that, or both.

sugar definitely affects your sleep. eating a lot of candy is not a very smart thing to do.

MichChamp02 said:
sugar definitely affects your sleep. eating a lot of candy is not a very smart thing to do.
I wasn't eating a lot of candy, just a kit kat or two after dinner. I think those days are over.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
DR said:
Try using meth for a few days straight. After that you should be able to fall asleep without waking up after a couple hours.

I use amphetamines everyday.. Good ol' Adderall.

Ativan and Adderall....nice mix!

you think about how bad I ruined your amateurish argument that college student-athletes should be paid.

I've been suffering from severe rls lately. Not sure what changed in my lifestyle but its really driving me crazy. About to try melatonin for the first time here in about 10 minutes. I've been utterly exhausted. The kind of exhaustion I had when I first got pregnant with both kiddos. But pregnancy is no longer possible for us so I did some research and I read that melatonin can help re-set your internal clock so here goes nothin..... :)

I had insomnia couple years ago like Art said mind racing thinking of everything.

Now tough, if i sit still for longer than 2 minutes I will fall asleep. I used to take my breaks in a loud boiler room at work and sleep.

Im thinking tough that now i dont get enough good sleep because of sleep apnea and i am constantly waking to catch my breath. At least that what my wife says.

I have the mind racing problem as well and melatonin has been a big help. Another way that works for me, and this is going to sound stupid, is counting sheep lol. It gets ur mind away from the constant stream of thoughts while u focus on something incredible boring and before u know it ur out, like champ mentioned w/ poetry. Although I might have to try that now as poetry would be far more boring than anything I've tried to date lol

Melatonin did not work for me last night at all. Tossed and turned and woke up numerous times. At least before I'd pretty much stay asleep the whole night, just not get restful sleep. Here's to another day sitting like a zombie at my desk. *YAWN*

jesndave said:
Melatonin did not work for me last night at all. Tossed and turned and woke up numerous times. At least before I'd pretty much stay asleep the whole night, just not get restful sleep. Here's to another day sitting like a zombie at my desk. *YAWN*

I'd give it a week or two before abandoning it. Seems like something that would take a little bit to have any actual effect.

DR said:
jesndave said:

I'd give it a week or two before abandoning it. Seems like something that would take a little bit to have any actual effect.

Thanks, I'm not giving up, I just expected something to happen last night. Heh. Oh well. The day is almost over and soon I can go home and go to bed if I choose. :)

jesndave said:
DR said:

Thanks, I'm not giving up, I just expected something to happen last night. Heh. Oh well. The day is almost over and soon I can go home and go to bed if I choose. :)

What I remember from trying melatonin is the amount taken. iirc the tabs are either 1 or 3 mg. One is usually not enough, and three mg. gave very strange dreams.
If you are willing to continue, try different dose if you have 1 mg. tabs try two, then three. Or if 3 mg. break in half or quarters. To get the dosage that works for you. good luck.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
jesndave said:

What I remember from trying melatonin is the amount taken. iirc the tabs are either 1 or 3 mg. One is usually not enough, and three mg. gave very strange dreams.
If you are willing to continue, try different dose if you have 1 mg. tabs try two, then three. Or if 3 mg. break in half or quarters. To get the dosage that works for you. good luck.

I took one 3 mg. :-/ I don't think I'm supposed to take more and less really might not work ;-)

MichChamp02 said:
you think about how bad I ruined your amateurish argument that college student-athletes should be paid.

Paid? You mean when I said they should be able to take out loans since they can't get jobs?

Melatonin didn't really work like I was hoping the 3 times I tried it. I'll try it again when I get back home from vacation.

Melatonin takes some time to become effective and my Doctor told me there are different types of 'melatonin' and depending on your body, people have different responses.

http://www.sltbr.org/melfaq.htm

Going Green is my all time favorite option but the TSA and FBI don't like that stuff being flown back and forth so for me, Melatonin on the road and in hotel rooms has been a God-send.

Keep trying Jever, I think I might have finally gotten it under control through exercise (mainly) along with better eating habits and dialing in at 5mg of Melatonin (10mg made me groggy the next day and 3mg wasn't enough).

Used to have it bad, in particular my senior year in college. Averaged around 2-3 hrs of sleep a night, actually had to be hospitalized for a few days. The lack of sleep had my blood pressure going crazy, which caused me to faint often (once every two hours). Also developed constant nausea and puked often making it hard to eat.

Now days I still am up till 3-4am often, however usually can get 6 hours of sleep.

Back