Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Are the Pistons Done with signing/trading this offseason?

I think he has learned from the Villanueva and Gordon fiasco. He has made nothing but good moves this offseason and got a big free agent whose one of the more athletic players in the league.

Good offseason moves? Their biggest need (PG) was not addressed. Their biggest strenght was at PF and they signed another one. While I think Smith will help this team he didn't improve the weaknesses on this team (shooting and PG)

I think he has learned from the Villanueva and Gordon fiasco. He has made nothing but good moves this offseason and got a big free agent whose one of the more athletic players in the league.

Funny because I think in the end people will throw Josh Smith's name right along side Gordon and Charlie V.

Good offseason moves? Their biggest need (PG) was not addressed. Their biggest strenght was at PF and they signed another one. While I think Smith will help this team he didn't improve the weaknesses on this team (shooting and PG)

Draft- KCP, Mitchell, and even Siva have all looked good thus far.

Free agency- Josh Smith is a great athlete and with Drummond and Monroe gives us probably the best rebounding team in the league, much better defensively, and just an all around great front court. Datome is a pure shooter, and Billups can shoot too. Billups is also the best PG we have now, and will be better than expected I think.

PG is just the last piece we need. It can wait, thats what Chauncey is for. Wait for the right player.

The man took darko over melo and wade. Darko....

He took darko over melo and wade.....Joe dumars took darko.....darko milicic.....over melo and wade.

In Hindsight of course this is inexcusable, he also passed on Bosh. But was Darko a legitimate prospect to scouts? Was it a big reach or what?

In Hindsight of course this is inexcusable, he also passed on Bosh. But was Darko a legitimate prospect to scouts? Was it a big reach or what?

No one knew anything about him. They watched some video and had 1 workout with him right before the draft. Easily the dumbest pick in NBA history if you take into account not only what the missed out on but how unprepared they were.

Sam Bowie.

sam bowie played good ball for a number of seasons. darko was crap ...always. Easily the worst scouting job of all time. Bowie pick might be worse cause of what they missed on....but bowie was a talent....darko just plain sucked.

Yeah I don't think anybody can defend a pick like that surrounded by the other players that went right around him. But I think hes been pretty good after the CV and Gordon signings which were terrible. He hit big on Monroe and Drummond, and I think Knight still has a chance to be good. KCP is a good pick too I think. I also love the Smith signing, as well as Datome and Billups. I dont think Smith will mess us up at all.

Draft- KCP, Mitchell, and even Siva have all looked good thus far.

Free agency- Josh Smith is a great athlete and with Drummond and Monroe gives us probably the best rebounding team in the league, much better defensively, and just an all around great front court. Datome is a pure shooter, and Billups can shoot too. Billups is also the best PG we have now, and will be better than expected I think.

PG is just the last piece we need. It can wait, thats what Chauncey is for. Wait for the right player.

You saying that Billups is the best PG that they have right now scares the hell out of me. Billups is GARBAGE!!!!

You saying that Billups is the best PG that they have right now scares the hell out of me. Billups is GARBAGE!!!!

Tom its comments like.that is y.you were laughed at on the espn boards. The only person that b agreed.with you was xero

Tom its comments like.that is y.you were laughed at on the espn boards. The only person that b agreed.with you was xero

Billups is done! He will be 37 next year. He is a defensive liability and has shot less than 40% from the floor over the past 2 seasons. Please tell me why you think he is a good PG? Even an average PG....please tell me!!!!

Billups Is done! He will be 37 next year. He is a defensive liability and has shot less than 40% from the floor over the past 2 seasons. Please tell me why you think he is a good PG? Even an average PG....please tell me!!!!

Do you forget what I posted on espn already?

Billups will be better than you expect Tom. He has a lot to work with and its not like his game revolved around being fast, hes always been slower. His game is about hitting open shots and for range which he still does, and finding the open guy which he still does, and all of that is what we needed. Its a short contract and now he can retire as a piston.

He can also show the young guys some things, obviously they need some help.

Billups will be better than you expect Tom. He has a lot to work with and its not like his game revolved around being fast, hes always been slower. His game is about hitting open shots and for range which he still does, and finding the open guy which he still does, and all of that is what we needed. Its a short contract and now he can retire as a piston.

He can also show the young guys some things, obviously they need some help.

He will get abused on the defense end. He has shot about 40% from the floor over the past 2 seasons which is terrible. His shooting from 3 is above average but that is about the only thing that he does well. Don't forget....he is going to be 37. My main point was him being the Pistons best PG tells me that they are in big trouble at that position.

leadership. also the fact that he is not DONE. you are the only person on 2 boards that thinks Billups is done. name one person that agrees with you not named Xero

leadership. also the fact that he is not DONE. you are the only person on 2 boards that thinks Billups is done. name one person that agrees with you not named Xero

I don't care if Pistons homers don't agree with me. Look at his stats and watch him play. He is not a starting caliber PG in the NBA any more. If you want him for his leadership and a bench player that is one thing....but you and others say he is the best PG on this team. That is where all of this started. If he is the best they have they are in trouble and Joe D should have addressed the situation better in the off season.

Back