Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Atheist vs. Christian Fundraiser

What did you expect..maybe the Atheists of the city should have snubbed the Lesbo's.

The atheists of the City of Los Angeles?

We love lesbos here. Athiests believers...we love lesbos.

As far as it goes with faggots, we just tolerate them.

feels good, doesn't it? My point is that just because you have numbers, it doesn't mean they are right and that the minority are to be mocked and treated like criminals.

I saw that video..nothing criminal about it. So someone mentions the sign but not giving to an Atheist is not criminal.

I saw that video..nothing criminal about it. So someone mentions the sign but not giving to an Atheist is not criminal.

What? Was something lost in translation? I'm talking about how atheists are treated...like criminals. You see how some of those people looked at them when they were represented as atheists? Atheists are the most mistrusted minority group in this country, just above pedophiles and convicted murderers and for absolutely no reason.

What? Was something lost in translation? I'm talking about how atheists are treated...like criminals. You see how some of those people looked at them when they were represented as atheists? Atheists are the most mistrusted minority group in this country, just above pedophiles and convicted murderers and for absolutely no reason.

Dude, we have people on here who treat Christians like Leopards..michchamp cough mitchchamp. And he's not the only one.. So if you get a few distasteful remarks, deal with it..no offense :cheers:

:nod:

yessir. I have one that is similar to this http://www.reasonistproducts.com/atheist-products/atheist-t-shirts/atheist-universe/

and another that is just the logo.

I don't really wear them to make a statement or anything, but I like to think that me, and others, coming out and making ourselves more visible helps normalize being an atheist. You'd be shocked at the kinds of things you'll hear people say when people think you can't hear them.

I got a Darwin fish refrigerator magnet from here: link.

I forgot to move it to the side of the fridge when my dad was here, and it looked like he was going to crap himself when he saw it. He didn't say anything though.

You're talking about a message board. That type of shit doesn't happen in real life. People have mountain sized balls online.

I got a Darwin fish refrigerator magnet from here: link.

I forgot to move it to the side of the fridge when my dad was here, and it looked like he was going to crap himself when he saw it. He didn't say anything though.

Had one of those on my license plate holder. It was taken off and tossed into a puddle of water. Seems like an awful lot of work for some vandalism. oh and my car was in MY driveway.

You're talking about a message board. That type of shit doesn't happen in real life. People have mountain sized balls online.

That's the point. They didn't really say much..they just kept their money.

Had one of those on my license plate holder. It was taken off and tossed into a puddle of water. Seems like an awful lot of work for some vandalism. oh and my car was in MY driveway.

when I got mine, the site offered magnetic Darwinfish for your car, but advised you to remove them before parking in "Christian parking lots."

sucks they'd come on your property to do that though. they weren't being very christian.

when I got mine, the site offered magnetic Darwinfish for your car, but advised you to remove them before parking in "Christian parking lots."

sucks they'd come on your property to do that though. they weren't being very christian.

Maybe they weren't Christians.

Maybe they were Muslim extremists.

Or maybe Orthodox Jewish rabbis, still all amped up after beating the shit of Orthodox Jewish husbands who had been extorting their wives regarding granting them gets.

Maybe they weren't Christians.

Maybe they were Muslim extremists.

Or maybe Orthodox Jewish rabbis, still all amped up after beating the shit of Orthodox Jewish husbands who had been extorting their wives regarding granting them gets.

The reason I think it's gotta be Christians is that the Darwinfish pretty clearly mocks a Christian emblem, although I guess the rabbis weren't doing it for religious reasons in yr example; sounds like petty vandalism. It could've even been a pro-Israel license plate and they would've trashed it.

Man we've had a lot of crazy stories on here.

The reason I think it's gotta be Christians is that the Darwinfish pretty clearly mocks a Christian emblem, although I guess the rabbis weren't doing it for religious reasons in yr example; sounds like petty vandalism. It could've even been a pro-Israel license plate and they would've trashed it.

Man we've had a lot of crazy stories on here.

Oh hey, by the way, to answer MitchRapp's question, a person who is so inclined can purchase literally boatloads of atheist oriented gear on Jaclyn Glenn's website.

She lives in my town, maybe I'll try to hook up with her to shoot a video.

Oh hey, by the way, to answer MitchRapp's question, a person who is so inclined can purchase literally boatloads of atheist oriented gear on Jaclyn Glenn's website.

She lives in my town, maybe I'll try to hook up with her to shoot a video.

I probably just wouldn't notice what Atheist gear looks like to realize what it was.

I probably just wouldn't notice what Atheist gear looks like to realize what it was.

it's not common, that's for sure. we know not to go around blathering about our views in public with all the violent christianist loonies running around.

it's not common, that's for sure. we know not to go around blathering about our views in public with all the violent christianist loonies running around.

Not everyone though.

There are the militant atheists as well who are every bit as bad as the secular people who push their agendas.

The main reason I don't mind religious people so long as they don't try to force their beliefs on me or use their faiths guidelines to try to make laws for everyone is I know that there are atheists that are just as bad as the Pat Robertsons and Ted Cruzs of the world.

yeah, the militant high school goth crowd atheists go too far sometimes. it's one thing to mock holy rollers, the high school prayer club, christian rock bands, or the like, but leave the little old ladies and the poor Mexican/Eastern European immigrants alone. they're not the ones pushing prayer in schools or trying to get public funding for their Bible camp.

among the "highbrow" atheists, Sam Harris seems pretty crappy to me. I wasn't a huge fan of Hitchens, either.

Harris is like the Jerry Falwell of atheism.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, the militant high school goth crowd atheists go too far sometimes. it's one thing to mock holy rollers, the high school prayer club, christian rock bands, or the like, but leave the little old ladies and the poor Mexican/Eastern European immigrants alone. they're not the ones pushing prayer in schools or trying to get public funding for their Bible camp.

among the "highbrow" atheists, Sam Harris seems pretty crappy to me. I wasn't a huge fan of Hitchens, either.

Harris is like the Jerry Falwell of atheism.

Hitchens was okay, but he had a tendency to be a dick about things. Seth Andrews is the guy I listen to most, now. I believe he used to be a preacher/radio host. He gets his point across but doesn't come off like he's attacking people. Quite honestly, he represents us better than just about any "famous" atheist out there. This video shows a bit of that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r878HuZmsaM&list=UUeYP27qLtfUMY1b1Cyy3WdQ

Back