Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Atheist vs. Christian Fundraiser

Do all y'all atheists think it would be any different if you repeated this experiment in a society where atheists were the majority and religious people were the minority? Not if you flipped a switch and it happened tomorrow because obviously there are atheists out there that claim on the internet to think religion needs to be stomped out, but if it came to be gradually over time...would you expect anything different? What if we did this experiment with Spartans and Wolverines in Ann Arbor or in East Lansing (I'm not going with Buckeyes in Columbus because you might actually see some negative reaction there), you think there'd be anything different?

I think you guys miss the point of the video. The money was raised for the same charity - a kids hospital. The only difference is WHO was raising the money.

And yes, blue, I would expect the result to be different unless we're talking china or north korea. I give to christian run charities all the time with only one condition being the money goes toward what it is intended and not missionary work or purchases of bibles.

I've never once seen an atheist scoff at a christian raising money for a good charity. We may give more to the atheist running the fundraiser as in the video, but for different reasons.

What makes you think I missed the point? ...and, in that alternate universe where the US is mostly atheist, do you think religious people wouldn't give to atheists charities? I disagree that your own behavior as a minority atheist wouldn't be mirrored by a minority religious guy in the other case (not counting China or North Korea, we're talking about hypothetical atheist America.) And maybe you've never seen an atheist scoff at a Christian raising money, but start comparing the charitable giving of religious people and atheists and watch atheists start attacking religious people's motives. I'd be surprised if you've never seen that argument take place.

Guys stop trying to Jack this thread.

This thread is about how hot Jaclyn Glenn is, along with her cute lesbo friends, and how cool
it is to be able to hang out on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and ask random people to fork over money.

Guys stop trying to Jack this thread.

This thread is about how hot Jaclyn Glenn is, along with her cute lesbo friends, and how cool
it is to be able to hang out on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and ask random people to fork over money.

EDIT: Dudes, anecdotally they shot this almost exactly at the spot where I booked the Tonight Show audience for years.

It looks to me that they are actually on the property of the Hollywood Highland Mall, which means they would've had to have permission from the mall to shoot exactly where they are, for mall security just gave them a pass, because Jaclyn is so hot probably.

Last edited:
Oh hey, by the way, to answer MitchRapp's question, a person who is so inclined can purchase literally boatloads of atheist oriented gear on Jaclyn Glenn's website.

She lives in my town, maybe I'll try to hook up with her to shoot a video.

don't tell her you're a pagan though... and you celebrate the equinoxes, or she may mock that, and then you'll start posting here about how intolerant atheists are, like those whiners Michiganalex, Red, and Mitchrapp.

don't tell her you're a pagan though... and you celebrate the equinoxes, or she may mock that, and then you'll start posting here about how intolerant atheists are, like those whiners Michiganalex, Red, and Mitchrapp.

Ha. On a thread whining about Christian intolerance...

Maybe. Or maybe not. Paganism has actually to do with shit that really affects our lives. The days get shorter?then the days get longer.

And there is an actual confluency; modern science has never been able to conflict with paganism; we've had it right from the start.

Maybe I will start a pagan channel on YouTube.

Maybe I will convert Jacqueline Glenn to paganism.

Wouldn't that be AWESOME?

Speaking of the equinoxes, I will be celebrating the end of summer, and the autumninal equinox, here in just about a week.

How in the name of God did I purport myself to being an agnostic on this thread? I am obviously a warlock.

Last edited:
They should try running both charities side-by-side to see if the total donations go up.

cartoon-2.jpg

I like how Atheist, Agnostic, and Buddhist are the only ones with folding money in the bowls.

Back