Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

B1G Championship Game vs Iowa

friend of mine (who is a notorious procrastinator and huge bitch) just texted me asking if I could get alumni tickets to this. (the answer is No). I think they sold out the allotment in like 3 seconds.

Then he sent me a graphic (I can't find it online) showing that the avg. resale price of ticekts for this is like around $460... the prior high was 2015 MSU/WISC, which were like $115, and that one was also exceptionally high. The avg. each year going back to 2011 is around $60 something.

Damn... we had a lot of pent up demand.

I had a chance at tickets in the 100 level for $200 each. Passed on it. I'll watch from home for free.

I'd consider it if I lived closer & had my booster already.

I'll tune in after the kids are asleep. Will try to tire them out Saturday so that's before 8:30. Need to think of something festive to drink... ideally something blue.

I think that limits it to drinks that have Blue Curacao, which are all girly tropical drinks though :hmm:...

Hey, there's one CALLED the Indianapolis!

1 part Curacao, 1 part Vodka, 1 part cream

10194611_f260.jpg

A dram of Bushmill?s in front of the TV for me. Nothing extravagant.

Even if I still had my bottle of Green Spot, I would not drink it on Saturday.

Years ago, like back in '08 or '09, I picked up a bottle of Grand Traverse Distillery vodka on a trip back to Michigan (made with Michigan wheat). It was really good, and I drank most of it that winter (these were my heavy drinking bar hopping single days).

Then it ended up in the back of my freezer for years and I forgot about it.

I brought it with me to TX, and - inspired by GULO's tale of saving his Dogfish Head IPA for the same occasion - figured I'd save it for the next time Michigan beat OSU. I did not think that would take until 2021.

My brother was in town for thanksgiving, so we killed it after the final whistle! Still tasted smooth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't handle blue Cura?ao. Too much sugar. I'll just grab some Dragon's Milk and call it a day.

Add in that every single take that I have seen where people are predicting this to be a close game or Iowa win is attributing it almost entirely to a hangover on Michigan's part. I don't see that happening. In years passed? Yes. This team? They've been saying all year that they are different and they made me a believer Saturday.

I am a little leery about the fact that everyone is overlooking Iowa. It's definitely going to be motivation for Iowa. But I don't see what that team brings to the table on offense to be able to score and their defense hasn't faced an offense like Michigan. If Michigan just takes care of the ball they'll win by 2 scores easily.

Ill clarify my stance that the game might be closer than we want it to be. I dont think it will be from a let down on our end. I think Iowa plays better football than what their stats might suggest. They beat similar opponents by similar scores.

No doubt...we SHOULD beat them. But, Ill be pleasantly surprised if we blow them out.

I'd consider it if I lived closer & had my booster already.

I'll tune in after the kids are asleep. Will try to tire them out Saturday so that's before 8:30. Need to think of something festive to drink... ideally something blue.

I think that limits it to drinks that have Blue Curacao, which are all girly tropical drinks though :hmm:...

Hey, there's one CALLED the Indianapolis!

1 part Curacao, 1 part Vodka, 1 part cream

10194611_f260.jpg

Try Mickeys and Jack Daniel.

They didn?t cancel the wide mouth grenades after all; they weren?t available for a while due to supply chain issues.

I drink Jack with soda in Michigan cocktail glass and I put my
Mickeys into a Michigan beer cookie.

Ill clarify my stance that the game might be closer than we want it to be. I dont think it will be from a let down on our end. I think Iowa plays better football than what their stats might suggest. They beat similar opponents by similar scores.

No doubt...we SHOULD beat them. But, Ill be pleasantly surprised if we blow them out.

Guess the Wisconsin score is the one outlier game.

Try Mickeys and Jack Daniel.

They didn?t cancel the wide mouth grenades after all; they weren?t available for a while due to supply chain issues.

I drink Jack with soda in Michigan cocktail glass and I put my
Mickeys into a Michigan beer cookie.

what's a Michigan beer cookie?

I'm going to stick with my idea. I'll try Mickey's and Jack D and cokes if we lose Saturday.

Ever tried Yellow Spot? Expensive for a fifth, but worth it for a special occasion.

Wife and I didn't get tickets because spending $1000 on tickets for the highest level in Lucas Oil is idiotic. Sitting that high up in that stadium is like watching football from the moon.

We're doing dinner at Mimi Blue (Go Blue!), a meatball joint, and then trying to hit the Michigan bar in downtown Indy. I'm sure that bar will be jam packed and we'll have to go with a second option, but we're going to try.

Ever tried Yellow Spot? Expensive for a fifth, but worth it for a special occasion.

Wife and I didn't get tickets because spending $1000 on tickets for the highest level in Lucas Oil is idiotic. Sitting that high up in that stadium is like watching football from the moon.

We're doing dinner at Mimi Blue (Go Blue!), a meatball joint, and then trying to hit the Michigan bar in downtown Indy. I'm sure that bar will be jam packed and we'll have to go with a second option, but we're going to try.

that would suck if your second option is Buffalo Wild Wings

that would suck if your second option is Buffalo Wild Wings

It absolutely is not. District Tap is our second option. They have 40 different beers on tap and most are from local breweries. Should be a great celebration together.

Last edited:
It absolutely is not. District Tap is our second option. They have 40 different beers on tap and most are from local breweries. Should be a great celebration together.

heh, well it's good to have your backup in place ahead of time.

I'll be at home regardless... the local alumni club did appear to pick a good bar this year for game watching, but I still haven't been, and don't have a babysitter right now.

what's a Michigan beer cookie?

I'm going to stick with my idea. I'll try Mickey's and Jack D and cokes if we lose Saturday.

Oops.

Koozie.

Whatever program I?m writing on now doesn?t recognize it under any spelling.

On the other hand search engines recognize it under every spelling possible.

Maybe that?s because consumers use search engines to look them up and buy them.

Damn our decadent consumerist values.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=et-s_GnUNBw

I have a bunch of beer coozies/koozies. I typically use them when I take my kids to a Kiddie pool, and want to drink a beer without it being too obvious.

I don't have any UM ones though.

I have a couple Michigan pint glasses, so I'd just pour the Mickey's in those.

I have a bunch of beer coozies/koozies. I typically use them when I take my kids to a Kiddie pool, and want to drink a beer without it being too obvious.

I don't have any UM ones though.

I have a couple Michigan pint glasses, so I'd just pour the Mickey's in those.

If you want.

Drinking out of the grenade shaped wide mouthed mini-barrel is 90% of the joy.

Pouring it into a glass is like Superman without his costume - you just have Clark Kent flying around, and bending steel in his bare hands.

If you want.

Drinking out of the grenade shaped wide mouthed mini-barrel is 90% of the joy.

Pouring it into a glass is like Superman without his costume - you just have Clark Kent flying around, and bending steel in his bare hands.

That would make for some great spoof. Like Old Superman who forgets to change into his outfit and instead goes about doing his Superman stuff in his Clark Kent disguise.

It's gold Tinsel! GOLD!!!

That would make for some great spoof. Like Old Superman who forgets to change into his outfit and instead goes about doing his Superman stuff in his Clark Kent disguise.

It's gold Tinsel! GOLD!!!

Just imagine how many drinking contests Clark Kent could win if the other contestants didn?t know he was really Superman?

heh, well it's good to have your backup in place ahead of time.

I'll be at home regardless... the local alumni club did appear to pick a good bar this year for game watching, but I still haven't been, and don't have a babysitter right now.

A couple other bars have decided to join in having Michigan watch parties. O'Reilly's is the official UM bar, but its neighbors Coaches Tavern and Pearl Street Pizza are joining the fun. So good news for us as more options are popping up.

Last edited:
Back