Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Badgers Vs Blue Devils Game thread

Duke's freshmen scored 60 of their 68 points :/

No one on this board should have been rooting for the Death Star... Unless you had money ridding on it.. Izzo and Ryan are both cut from the same cloth. Put their molecules together and blend them and you come up with the same type of coach.. Both get a lot out of their players..They both coach the same way.

one good thing to come out of the game last night is the last big ten team to win a national title is still MSU (I don't count MD 2001)

whenever you tell the guys at the bar about that, I'm sure they're still impressed.

whenever you tell the guys at the bar about that, I'm sure they're still impressed.

I get that it hurt to watch MSU make the final four, win the cotton bowl, and OSU win the national title. I think if you got a little more fulfillment out of watching your alma matter you wouldn't make posts like these.

I get that it hurt to watch MSU make the final four, win the cotton bowl, and OSU win the national title. I think if you got a little more fulfillment out of watching your alma matter you wouldn't make posts like these.

No, I don't think so. Even if Michigan did all those things, I'd still think you were lame for hoping no other Big Ten team wins it all just so you can say that MSU was the last Big Ten team to win it. That was 15 years ago...

The Red Wings are the last NHL team to win back to back Stanley Cups. When the Wings get knocked out of the playoffs in recent years, I do not hope for a repeat champion, even if it were a team I didn't mind. I enjoy seeing my team be the last to have that distinction.

In this case, other than Michigan, Ohio State, and Wisconsin, (and maybe Indiana since I hate their fans and can't stand Tom Crean) I would have rooted for anyone else in the Big Ten.

Last edited:
No, I don't think so. Even if Michigan did all those things, I'd still think you were lame for hoping no other Big Ten team wins it all just so you can say that MSU was the last Big Ten team to win it. That was 15 years ago...
I'm a Michigan state fan, not a big ten fan. I want msu to be the best program in the conference, to have the last title, to go the furthest in the tourney. The other programs are the ones we compete with and I want to do better than them.

Call me crazy I just don't think MSU will be better next year. I saw ESPN had them a # 3 seed next year.. I would bet over a # 3 seed..

Call me crazy I just don't think MSU will be better next year. I saw ESPN had them a # 3 seed next year.. I would bet over a # 3 seed..
It's a lot easier to underachie than overachieve when ranked relatively high. of course it's unlikely we make another final four just because a lot of things have to go right but I'd guess we will be better on the regular season.

I just think losing Trice and Dawson are a big deal.. It will take time to replace that type of production . Am I forgetting anyone else leaving?

I just think losing Trice and Dawson are a big deal.. It will take time to replace that type of production . Am I forgetting anyone else leaving?

they're losing a lot of course, but everyone is losing players. Harris will be a better two way player that Trice, offensively he's better and defensively he's bigger, Izzo had a year to break him into his system and teach him how to play MSU defense, not WVA defense. Dawson will be a loss but Davis will be a good defensive replacement as a rim protector. He will be different, Dawson could switch onto anyone on the court but Davis is a game changer in the paint.

We're also adding Javon Bess assuming he's healthy, we really got nothing out of him but he was the one freshman we heard the best things about prior to the injury.

This team will be very, very deep next year too.

losing

Trice
Dawson

Gaining

Harris
Bess
Ahrens
Davis
McQuaid
possibly one more player

Last edited:
Depending on what LeVert decides to do, we really don't lose anything.

Back