Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Basketball

being underutilized and getting yanked for things that weren't necessarily his fault might have something to do with it.

any updates on Brown, Hauser and Bingham - any of them using their extra year COVID eligibility?

Brown and Bingham already said they are moving on. Hauser is up in the air, but I'd bet on him coming back.

I?m fine with that. Brown disappeared for about 85% of the season last year and Bingham never really took the big steps up we were all waiting and hoping he would. Hauser seemed like he was starting to figure it out late in the year but he?s more of a perimeter/mid range big man. He?s not much of a post player - it would be nice if Marble stuck around. He?s probably not the answer - wouldn?t expect him to be Tillman or Zach Randolph but he would be our best post player. Now we are pinning our hopes on a transfer or Sissoko averaging less than 2 fouls per minute.

Last edited:
Marble going to Texas A&M, Davis Smith withdraws name from transfer portal. Kinda wish it was the other way around, but oh well.

Christie hiring an agent apparently. The NBA scouts are going to love that 2-10 shooting every game

I honestly never felt he was an nba player at any point of the season. Good luck to him tho, I just don't see it.

what's the over/under on Max Christie heading to Europe?

At least we dodged the Emoni Bates bullet. Imagine if we were also dealing with the chemistry issues that guy would have brought...

Last edited:
Transfer portal entrant Emoni Bates' top 6 schools are Arkansas, Seton Hall, DePaul, Louisville, Michigan and Eastern Michigan. That Eastern Michigan nonsense has to just be a BS nod to his home town, but still it's pretty embarrassing for MSU...

Transfer portal entrant Emoni Bates' top 6 schools are Arkansas, Seton Hall, DePaul, Louisville, Michigan and Eastern Michigan. That Eastern Michigan nonsense has to just be a BS nod to his home town, but still it's pretty embarrassing for MSU...

Why would it be embarrassing for msu?

Also, I think I read that UM came out and said they've had no interest in him

Why would it be embarrassing for msu?

Also, I think I read that UM came out and said they've had no interest in him

because our rival and one of the worst athletic programs and universities in the state are in consideration and we don't make the top 6 or even top 12 (when we clearly have room and need) after he decommitted from and now finds himself in a shitty situation in Memphis.

I can't fault the guy for not wanting to come here with the cupboard being kinda bare and it's not Brian Bowen or Chris Webber scandal level embarrassing, but it's not a great look. If Izzo told him "don't bother" that's a different story, but I don't think we're in a position to do that right now. If it's true that uofm told him 'no thanks' that doesn't make it any better.

Who says we even want him after what played out?

Totally agree. Wouldn?t touch Bates with a 10 foot pole. I don?t think it?s embarrassing for MSU either if he went to Michigan. Hell based on some of the stuff I?ve seen on social media from UM fans I don?t think they want him either. I mean if you can?t cut it at AAU ball Memphis idk how he works out in the B1G.

Who says we even want him after what played out?

no one is saying that, at least not here and it could end up being a good miss (the guy and his dad could be a real cancer and obviously, he didn't exactly light it up at Memphis like you'd expect a #1 or 2 prospect) but that's beside the point - unless like I said, Izzo already told him no thanks.

I guess I just figured it was common knowledge that we weren't recruiting him

from post #51, it didn't seem like common knowledge or even known. I have no idea - haven't seen anything that says one way or another, but I don't have any inside sources or premium recruiting subscriptions.

edit: there's a piece from late April that Bates lists some schools that have contacted him and we weren't one of them but that was less than a week after he announced his intention to transfer.

Last edited:
Back