Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bengals Vs Bills game postponed

biggunsbob

I had the sound muted. I think I saw Hamlin for the Bills get hit in the chest. Nothing out of whack on the hit. Just middle of the chest. He got up and then Collapsed on the field. I wasn?t paying attention. Next thing I look up they had a ambulance on the field and were giving him cpr. He was Taking by ambulance to the hospital. Both teams went into the locker room.
Man I hope the kid is ok.

Last edited:
Never seen anything like it. I read about Chuck Hughes on the Lions who was the only NFL player to ever die during a game in the 70s. I pray to god this wasn?t a second instance.

That was a hard shot to the chest.

I?m not a very religious person, but I said a small prayer that he is ok.

It doesn?t look good.

Ok I just saw it glancing and then was in my tablet. He got up and collapsed and hit his head pretty hard.

Last edited:
Never seen anything like it. I read about Chuck Hughes on the Lions who was the only NFL player to ever die during a game in the 70s. I pray to god this wasn?t a second instance.

I watched that game on tv. . I was really young 10 at the time.

https://sidelionreport.com/2021/10/...aw,show he suffered advanced arteriosclerosis.

Holy cow I didn?t know this .

According to a Yahoo! Sports story in 2013 (which is well worth reading), Hughes has suffered a heart attack late that preseason, seven weeks before he died. If that happened to someone in the preseason today, it?s hard to believe they?d be cleared to play that season, let alone in mid-October. The family said doctors thought Hughes had injuries to his spleen, lung or kidney but could not confirm. He insisted on continuing to play. The autopsy also showed he had an enlarged spleen and live

Last edited:

Yeah, it wasn?t just the 70s.

So far he?s been the only player to ever die during a game

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously, I don?t know?..but if I had to guess I would say the blow to the chest stopped his heart.

Oh for sure. It was smack in the middle of his chest. I really don?t want to watch the replay again. I?m kind of Tearing up about it. I didn?t think the hit was that hard. I have seen way harder hits. But again kind of caught it while i was watching YouTube stuff. I thought when he collapsed and hit the ground. I thought damn he hit his head hard. Then I went back to my tablet. Man oh man we are all praying for him.

Last edited:
Yeah, it wasn?t just the 70s.

So far he?s been the only player to ever die during a game

Yup On Oct. 24, 1971. I was 10. Saw it live. I remember the play sadly. I don?t Remember when they announced his death though.

Last edited:
Yup On Oct. 24, 1971. I was 10. Saw it live. I remember the play sadly. I don?t Remember when they announced his death though.

You saw it live?

I was listening on the radio.

That game wasn?t stopped like they?re doing tonight though.

We have kind of become a culture of snowflakes over the course of the last half century.

You saw it live?

I was listening on the radio.

That game wasn?t stopped like they?re doing tonight though.

We have kind of become a culture of snowflakes over the course of the last half century.

Yeah i remember watching the pass to Hughes. Go read the article I just found on it. According to the article Hughes had suffered a slight heart attack in preseason. Wtf why was he cleared 6-7 weeks later in October?I never knew he had a preseason heart attack.

Last edited:
When I was young like 9-14 me and my dad would watch most Lions games together. I remember a few years we would pick the winners of each game. Wish I still had those notebooks. I do remember my dad laughing a lot when the lions fucked up. He would muttered under his breath that this team is just shit. I do remember he was mad when Joe Schmidt stopped being the coach can?t remember if he quit or was fired.

Last edited:
I wonder if they are going to continue the game, leave the score as it is, or just cancel it?

In fantasy football leagues, there is a lot of money riding on the outcome/stats in this game.

I wonder if they are going to continue the game, leave the score as it is, or just cancel it?

In fantasy football leagues, there is a lot of money riding on the outcome/stats in this game.

Dang your right. Most fantasy football leagues are in the playoffs now right ?

ha. It's funny because you're right and everyone wants to know what's going on, but no one wants to seem insensitive or like they don't care about Hamlin.

I'm in the championship in my league (have Burrow as my QB). my opponent and I each have two starters in this one, and I'm currently down by 8. The suspense is eating us alive. ESPN posted this morning that they're extending the outcome of the fantasy game pending the NFL's announcement of their plan.

Curious as well. I need about 40 points from Higgins to win the championship (thanks Mike Evans), but there's still a chance!

Back