Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bengals Vs Bills game postponed

Worst thing I've seen. 10+ min without oxygen and getting recessitated via defribulator... even if he's still alive the family may have to make some hard decisions if his brain isn't functioning. Very sad.

Worst thing I've seen. 10+ min without oxygen and getting recessitated via defribulator... even if he's still alive the family may have to make some hard decisions if his brain isn't functioning. Very sad.

with effective CPR, 10 minutes shouldn't cause brain damage. I'm not sure how long it was before they started CPR though.

He's showing signs of being neurologically intact/alert.... amazing news.

Apparently the first thing he said when waking up was "did we win?"... if that's true that is freaking amazing that you literally died and he's that concerned if they won or not. Hope the best for him.

Apparently the first thing he said when waking up was "did we win?"... if that's true that is freaking amazing that you literally died and he's that concerned if they won or not. Hope the best for him.

Yeah, I was just going to come on to post about that.

I see zero reason why the NFL shouldn?t delay the playoffs for a week, play the semi finals in what would have been the week off before the Super Bowl, and finish the Bills Bengals game.

Do it for Denar.

Yeah, I was just going to come on to post about that.

I see zero reason why the NFL shouldn?t delay the playoffs for a week, play the semi finals in what would have been the week off before the Super Bowl, and finish the Bills Bengals game.

Do it for Denar.

I say the Bills should forfeit the game because their player couldn't finish the game.

I say the Bills should forfeit the game because their player couldn't finish the game.

No only one player couldn?t finish the game.

The guy who died who ended up not dying.

There was no reason for not finishing the the game.

You?re probably too young to remember the ?Chuck Hughes died game? when it happened but you probably know about it.

Bob and I remember it in real time.

He was there and I was listening on the radio.

They?re not even talking about this on Sports journalism in the main stream media.

How ignorant can these main stream sports media reporters be?

Anyways, that game wasn?t stopped and no subsequent games were canceled or rescheduled.

We really, truly have become a nation of fucking pussies over the course of the last half centuries.

Even our NFL heroes, the last bastion of gladiator greatness, have morphed into a bunch of fucking pussies.

The game needs to be continued, and the playoff standings need to be assigned accordingly.

We are a nation and a culture of pussies if it isn?t.

Now, if the game is rescheduled, and the Bills choose to forfeit, that?s on them.

But riddle me this, Batman ? if the Bills continue into the playoffs without dropping out in the fear that somebody might die, or not even die, what is their excuse for not finishing the Cleveland game and not coming to a fair resolution of the season ?

We really, really, have become a fucking culture of pussies.

In 50 Years, We?ll All be Chicks.

Last edited:

His next thought was probably, what do you mean they didn't finish the game?

His next thought was probably, what do you mean they didn't finish the game?

Possibly.

All we know is they told him ?yes you won. You won the game of life.?

Probably, they sedated him again to shut him up.

That?s what I would?ve done.

You?re probably too young to remember the ?Chuck Hughes died game? when it happened but you probably know about it.

They?re not even talking about this on Sports journalism in the main stream media.

Anyways, that game wasn?t stopped and no subsequent games were canceled or rescheduled.

We really, truly have become a nation of fucking pussies over the course of the last half centuries.

Even our NFL heroes, the last bastion of gladiator greatness, have morphed into a bunch of fucking pussies.

The game needs to be continued, and the playoff standings need to be assigned accordingly.

Now, if the game is rescheduled, and the Bills choose to forfeit, that?s on them.

But riddle me this, Batman ? if the Bills continue into the playoffs without dropping out in the fear that somebody might die, or not even die, what is their excuse for not finishing the Cleveland game and not coming to a fair resolution of the season ?

Tinsel: you're fine Demar.... rub some dirt on it. We pay you to finish the game. You don't want to turn into a fucking vagina do you?

Demar: I'm dead coach. I'm not sure how much I can help.

Tinsel: I will fine your ass of you don't strap it up now. That's the end of it...

Last edited:

even the sport of soccer thinks we are pussies. Of course, our medics are better than theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqBDyz3fth0&ab_channel=euronews

We are so afraid of death that we are forgetting to live. It was right to suspend the game. It's wrong to not complete it. Or, at the very least, employ some AI algorithm to simulate the result. #sarcasm

Heck fire: make that the NFL, and no one ever has to risk their well being playing football again. Or make robots like that Jetsons' episode where George told Jane he was working late. I hated and still hate that show.

The Chuck Hughes tragedy was a "where were you when you heard about it" moment. Listening on my transistor radio on my screened-in side porch. It was a warm day and rainy.

Last edited:
Tinsel: you're fine Demar.... rub some dirt on it. We pay you to finish the game. You don't want to turn into a fucking vagina do you?

Tinsel: I will fine your ass of you don't strap it up now. That's the end of it...

Yeah, I don't think that's the point here. A game where there is a reasonable change of serious injury needs to account for that and not be indecisive as to next steps. People have died in the seats and the game goes on. Referees have, too.

With the fantastic exception of players at all levels collapsing on the pitch or field becoming more commonplace, professional and amateur sports has to face this conundrum at some point.

That?s what I?m talkin? about.

Every three days on the average a firefighter in the United States dies on the job.

What if they all the others walked away from an active fire when of them almost died but didn?t actually even die, and wanted to take a week off?

EDIT: Your post put in my mind the image of Marshawn Lynch holding up Demar Hamilton?s limp immobile inert body a la Weekend at Bernie?s in the defensive backfield to help Demar finish the game and not get fined.

EDIT 2: 14 + work related deaths in the US every day.

Last edited:
yea, but Hamlin is only paid $865K to risk his life. Probably a lot less than those other workers ;)

That?s a point.

Mason and Ireland, Los Angeles sports talk radio stalwarts, were talking about this yesterday.

In my semi-retirement over the past three years, partly because I still need something to, partly because I technically don?t have a boss except for literal market forces to answer to, partly because it was classified essential work at the start of the pandemic and since I?m sickenly healthy and safe from the Covid I felt it was my patriotic duty, and partly because I don?t have more income from my investments than I know what to do with, I?ve been doing #7 on the list for GrubHub and DoorDash.

The money is actually okay, the work is incredibly easy, I make my own schedule - but I don?t make no $865 K.

Here?s a similar list.

I really don?t much like reverse order lists but this one shows the typical incomes for the various jobs.

Back