Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brian Branch

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
11 tackles - all solo
3 TFL
2 PD

What a beast. Hope he thanks Green Bay for the trade on Thursday!

He just looks like one of those guys who is all over the field and makes plays. He can come up and make tackles in the backfield, blitz, hit you hard, defend the pass, intercept it, etc. He just gets it instantly. You can't teach that....you either have it or you don't.

The thing that demonstrated that perfectly was he got run over on that one play and the next play he flies into the backfield and makes the tackle for a loss.

Exciting class so far, all 4 top picks have shown flashes. Should get even better with more snaps/experience, just need to stay healthy.

On the other side, watched the Raiders game last night and Tyree Wilson was invisible. I know it?s still early and he was injured coming into camp, but looking like a good pass in the draft.

Also didn't leave the field, played 100% of the snaps.

Has all the tools to be elite, only his third game but acts like he's seen it all and knows what's coming.

Exciting class so far, all 4 top picks have shown flashes. Should get even better with more snaps/experience, just need to stay healthy.

On the other side, watched the Raiders game last night and Tyree Wilson was invisible. I know it?s still early and he was injured coming into camp, but looking like a good pass in the draft.

Exciting class for sure, but I?m still scratching my head with drafting a RB a #12.

Did you see what the 3rd round RB in Miami did yesterday?!

Exciting class for sure, but I?m still scratching my head with drafting a RB a #12.

Did you see what the 3rd round RB in Miami did yesterday?!

Miami?s offense is bonkers right now, but I?m not going to look too deep into a blowout win over the Broncos. That game was pretty much over by halftime, the rest was just padding.

It will be tough for any rookie RB to return #12 value, still plenty of games left though. Gibbs has been somewhat frustrating for me, he?s got the moves to break off a big play but it just hasn?t come together yet. Hoping we see a nice breakout game at some point over the next month.

I?ll always be a fan of drafting for the trenches, I?d say this season is a good argument that you can never have enough quality O-line talent.

I agree...RB at 12 is a waste.

Could have taken Gonzalez or Kancey. Then not taken Branch in Round 2 to take a RB at that point and then we wouldn't have Branch and Will Harris could be on the field at nickel and Gonzalez over Jacobs and Moseley would be a waste of a FA add.

OT Broderick Jones taken 14th did not beat out Steelers LT Dan Moore.

Lots of what ifs

Gibbs playing well
Campbell playing well
La Porta playing greatl (great trade down)
Branch playing great
Hooker nice future in 2024 and beyond

Last edited:
Could have taken Gonzalez or Kancey. Then not taken Branch in Round 2 to take a RB at that point and then we wouldn't have Branch and Will Harris could be on the field at nickel and Gonzalez over Jacobs and Moseley would be a waste of a FA add.

OT Broderick Jones taken 14th did not beat out Steelers LT Dan Moore.

Lots of what ifs

Gibbs playing well
Campbell playing well
La Porta playing greatl (great trade down)
Branch playing great
Hooker nice future in 2024 and beyond

Gonzalez at 12 and Branch in the 2nd. No need to even take a RB in the 2nd.

Reactions: 503
Gonzalez at 12 and Branch in the 2nd. No need to even take a RB in the 2nd.

I think the point is a lot of domino's could have fallen to completely change the lions draft had they not taken Gibbs. I'm not a huge fan of Gibbs there, but I also don't really consider him a straight rb so I'm not as down on the pick as many here. It's quite possible that we don't get LaPorta and/or Branch if the Gibbs pick is different. I'm gonna give Holmes the benefit of the doubt that he had a plan. The guy has found an insane amount of talent in his short time here.

I feel the same way about rb i always have.... it can literally be anyone back there if your oline is great. Swift is going to run for 300 yards tonight... it's not cause he's any better than he was last year. Montgomery is a better back for this offense in my opinion. Gibbs can change my mind if he starts breaking some...

Branch is the man.

Last edited:
or just kept Swift and selected JSN, Flowers, or Addison :clap:

Swift would be gone after this year and Lions wouldn't give him big money. Swift and have to give up draft capital in 2024 for a RB or cap space in 2024 for Swift.

I'll take 4 more year of Gibbs after this season

Swift would be gone after this year and Lions wouldn't give him big money. Swift and have to give up draft capital in 2024 for a RB or cap space in 2024 for Swift.

right...a 3rd rounder in 2024

Reactions: 503
Back