Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brian Branch

right...a 3rd rounder in 2024

And now we don't have to. Gibbs for 4 more years and Gibbs is good and does more than normal RBs with his receiving.

Plus a trade down to get La Porta

It was a masterful draft and the Lions got 4 good players and a good developmental QB

Lots of ways to add another stud DT too without character concerns

And the Lions are coming off a 7-sack day so I think the pass rush can be dominant as is. Let's see what happens the rest of the season

And now we don't have to. Gibbs for 4 more years and Gibbs is good and does more than normal RBs with his receiving.

Plus a trade down to get La Porta

It was a masterful draft and the Lions got 4 good players and a good developmental QB

Lots of ways to add another stud DT too without character concerns

And the Lions are coming off a 7-sack day so I think the pass rush can be dominant as is. Let's see what happens the rest of the season

3 games into the season and you?re calling this a ?masterful draft?. Man?Shut that bull shit up! Lol

The point is he's the same guy doing great things cause he's running behind that oline. Fix your oline and you can put any scrub you want to back there. See terell davis.

The point is he's the same guy doing great things cause he's running behind that oline. Fix your oline and you can put any scrub you want to back there. See terell davis.

And Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Clinton Portis. Thank Shannahan and oline coach Alex Gibbs

3 games into the season and you?re calling this a ?masterful draft?. Man?Shut that bull shit up! Lol

At this point, not a fan of the Jack Campbell pick. Brian Breese or Joey Porter Jr. would look a lot better in the Honolulu Blue than JC.

Masterful is not the right word. But, if you look at how Branch, Gibbs and LaPorta have performed at this point.....its been a damn good start for that draft class.....and we haven't even seen what we have in Hooker yet.

Sorsdal could turn out to be a great pick in the 5th round. If he even becomes a good swing tackle that is a really good pick.

Great start and a boatload of potential from that draft......but "Masterful" is quite a stretch 3 games in, even for LKP.

At this point, not a fan of the Jack Campbell pick. Brian Breese or Joey Porter Jr. would look a lot better in the Honolulu Blue than JC.

Masterful is not the right word. But, if you look at how Branch, Gibbs and LaPorta have performed at this point.....its been a damn good start for that draft class.....and we haven't even seen what we have in Hooker yet.

Sorsdal could turn out to be a great pick in the 5th round. If he even becomes a good swing tackle that is a really good pick.

Great start and a boatload of potential from that draft......but "Masterful" is quite a stretch 3 games in, even for LKP.

I have watched 2 of their games. LaPorta played really well in both, and I think Branch is going to be a stud. Gibbs hasn't impressed me at all.

3 game draft grades of the top 4 guys .

Gibbs B-
Campbell C-
Branch A-
Laporta A+

So far so good. Plus we have a bunch of other picks on the roster that have played. One
thing about the Atlanta win it seems like the Lions players are getting decent coaching.
A lot of depth pieces made some really good plays against Atlanta.
Hopefully it Carries over to the Green Bay game.

Last edited:
Gibbs doing well even with the Lions Oline banged up

Holmes built an Oline too, they just can't stay on the field other than the KC win.

Campbell is doing well. Can cover, rush and play the run

Branch and La Porta are studs

That is masterful given the trade down from 6 to 12 to get La Porta (TE first 3 game record).

Plus Hock for Hooker could be great too

Gibbs doing well even with the Lions Oline banged up

Holmes built an Oline too, they just can't stay on the field other than the KC win.

Holmes added Sewell. Other than that, weren't all of the starters already on the team when he took over?

Holmes added Sewell. Other than that, weren't all of the starters already on the team when he took over?

Added Sewell was huge
Resigned Ragnow in 2021
And got a pay cut to keep Vaitai
Added Sorsdal too

so the answer is yes, all of the starters, except Sewell, were already on the team.

And Homes kept them together and was able to draft a good rb and wr. He went oline first

And he added Glasgow

Broderick Jones doesnt even start

Last edited:
I have watched 2 of their games. LaPorta played really well in both, and I think Branch is going to be a stud. Gibbs hasn't impressed me at all.

I think Gibbs has been really good. He runs hard but avoids a lot a big shots. I think he is being underused right now (not sure why) and the coaching staff is trying to keep him relatively fresh. Remember, we want to play 18-21 games this year......and he's a rookie. Letting Montgomery shoulder the load early is a good idea IMO.

They haven't really been able to use Gibbs fully in the way they want woth the Mongomery injury. That being said he's averaging 4.5 ypc and that's with the majority of his carries being right up the middle. Anyone saying they haven't seen anything from him is blind.

Also, what swift is doing in Philly has dick to do with detroit. Miles Sanders ran for 1300 yards and is in his prime and they let him go and now he's trash on Carolina so far. Philly knows how to run the ball.

They haven't really been able to use Gibbs fully in the way they want woth the Mongomery injury. That being said he's averaging 4.5 ypc and that's with the majority of his carries being right up the middle. Anyone saying they haven't seen anything from him is blind.

Also, what swift is doing in Philly has dick to do with detroit. Miles Sanders ran for 1300 yards and is in his prime and they let him go and now he's trash on Carolina so far. Philly knows how to run the ball.

I think we could run block close to Philly does with Decker and Vaitai healthy and Sewell over at RT once they got their chemistry down. But they got it down to a science in Philly and the QB sneak. Same with the 49ers though McCaffery a stud anywhere and the Dolphins.

Swift is actually good though and had good YPC here. He just got hurt too often and we didn't want to pay him. Philly won't pay Swift either. Lions got Gibbs for a long term solution of having a cheap back for 4 years that has extra skillsets in the passing game (more than most RBs). Gibbs needs to start hitting some big hitters soon though

Added Sewell was huge
Resigned Ragnow in 2021
And got a pay cut to keep Vaitai
Added Sorsdal too

He added Sewell a RT and passed up on a future first ballot HOF pass rusher which we desperately needed.

Nobody is complaining about Holmes. For the most part we?re all excited for this team. Reality is, he?s doing what he?s supposed to do.

I said it since the beginning -
Year 1: complete rebuild
Year 2: compete
Year 3: compete for division and make playoffs.

He?s right on par of expectations.

Last edited:
Gibbs C was expecting more
Campbell C- barely plays
Laporta A-
Branch A
Martin F
Meh draft so far with upside depending on what Gibbs and Campbell turn into.

Last edited:
Back