Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brooklyn 118 Detroit 112 Final

They need to trade CC and fire everybody. By the time they actually build a reasonable roster around him Cade will be so destroyed by all the losing culture. I can't see him leading the Pistons to anything even though he's still only 22. That's how bleak things are.

Trade him now while his value is high and just hope to heaven you can stockpile lottery picks and start over with a new regime.

They need to trade CC and fire everybody. By the time they actually build a reasonable roster around him Cade will be so destroyed by all the losing culture. I can't see him leading the Pistons to anything even though he's still only 22. That's how bleak things are.

Trade him now while his value is high and just hope to heaven you can stockpile lottery picks and start over with a new regime.
Cade is 22 barely 100 games in his career and everyone else thinks trading him is the way to go. So you trade him for draft picks? And get what, another Cade or worse. No benefit there. You build on Cade you don't get rid of him.

As far as new regime Monty just got hired making a shit ton of money he isn't going anyway.

Trade Bogs and get rid of guys like Wiseman, Bags, Burks etc. and figure how to get guys like Ivey and Ausar to learn how to shoot.

Last edited:
Cade is 22 barely 100 games in his career and everyone else thinks trading him is the way to go. So you trade him for draft picks? And get what, another Cade or worse. No benefit there. You build on Cade you don't get rid of him.

As far as new regime Monty just got hired making a shit ton of money he isn't going anyway.

Trade Bogs and get rid of guys like Wiseman, Bags, Burks etc. and figure how to get guys like Ivey and Ausar to learn how to shoot.

I worry about Cade's psyche a la Barry Sanders or Calvin Johnson. The guy looks broken and demoralized. The team is nowhere close to being competitive how long is he going to keep putting up any form of superstar level effort?

There is no quick fix to this sadly in a town where we can't lure anyone with cache to the team. And this is a franchise that's already been dogshit for nearly 15 years now. Crazy.

I worry about Cade's psyche a la Barry Sanders or Calvin Johnson. The guy looks broken and demoralized. The team is nowhere close to being competitive how long is he going to keep putting up any form of superstar level effort?

There is no quick fix to this sadly in a town where we can't lure anyone with cache to the team. And this is a franchise that's already been dogshit for nearly 15 years now. Crazy.
Those guys were 30 though Cade is too young and hasn't played as much to feel worn out. If he's 'broken' already that's on him . It gets better.

Those guys were 30 though Cade is too young and hasn't played as much to feel worn out. If he's 'broken' already that's on him . It gets better.

What are you basing your statement of "it gets better" on? With this owner and GM? We've been a joke of a franchise for well over a decade and we are just now hitting below rock bottom somehow. Who knows how long the climb back up will take.

I guess if we win 10 games instead of 5 near year that technically constitutes better so you may be right from that point of view.

What are you basing your statement of "it gets better" on? With this owner and GM? We've been a joke of a franchise for well over a decade and we are just now hitting below rock bottom somehow. Who knows how long the climb back up will take.

I guess if we win 10 games instead of 5 near year that technically constitutes better so you may be right from that point of view.
The fact they only won 2 games so yeah it gets better..

Pistons' losing streak story made LOCAL news here in NC. Sitting in a medical waiting room and the TV is on. Watching local News offers no consolation as to the future of civilization. It's more vapid than a Miss America interview.

Trading Cade now would be the worst thing to do. Trade Bogs ASAP...it should have been done last year but the GM thinks he is worth more than he is.

Looking back at last off season. WTF was the GM thinking trading for Joe Harris? They sent 2 future 2nd round picks to the Nets for a guy that makes $19M a year?

Trading Cade now would be the worst thing to do. Trade Bogs ASAP...it should have been done last year but the GM thinks he is worth more than he is.

Looking back at last off season. WTF was the GM thinking trading for Joe Harris? They sent 2 future 2nd round picks to the Nets for a guy that makes $19M a year?

Weaver needs to be fired, absolutely terrible GM. Bogs is trash and I thought should have been traded a long time ago. They probably win yesterday if he?s not on the floor getting smoked on defense and taking fouls.

Weaver needs to be fired, absolutely terrible GM. Bogs is trash and I thought should have been traded a long time ago. They probably win yesterday if he?s not on the floor getting smoked on defense and taking fouls.

Def. can't make a stop when they need to. Always a 4th q lapse. But down 2 with .40 left it was close but no stop.

I don't see how he keeps his job.

Barring a trade this season that brings back veterans, the roster is pretty bare next year. The only guys that are under contract for next year are Cade, Stewart, Bagley, Thompson, Ivey, Duren, & Sasser.

I don't see how he keeps his job.

Barring a trade this season that brings back veterans, the roster is pretty bare next year. The only guys that are under contract for next year are Cade, Stewart, Bagley, Thompson, Ivey, Duren, & Sasser.

Yeah I?m not sure either. It?s like Millen all over again.

Back