Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bunch of Idiots Arrested for Plotting to Kidnap Gov Whitmer

It's a poor rebuttal. I saw the debate so I was aware of the "sure".

If someone asks if I will apologize and I say "Sure, I'm sorry you're offended" and someone says "I'm sorry you're offended" is my idea of an apology, references to better past apologies I had made in the past would not refute the fact that I had tried to use "I'm sorry you're offended" as an apology.

?In one voice our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy,? Trump said. ?These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart and devours the soul.?

This was from 2019. You can say he doesn?t mean it, but that?s not the point.

Even if she wanted to keep it secret and got caught, I'm not seeing the big political upside to her being perceived as in or out of the loop anyway.

But really, even looking at your guess of how this unfolded, I don't see why it would be a scoop for Erin Burnett that people would be talking about behind the scenes anyway.

Maybe there was no scoop at all then. Maybe Whitmer simply thought that revealing it in the context of connecting the group to Trump was the best way to connect the group to Trump.

I didn?t really watch her initial address. Like byco said, it?s impossible to believe she didn?t know about the operation to bring these guys in.

Maybe she wanted her initial address to be all about her. Maybe she wanted a day to herself in the spotlight before weaponizing this event against the political opposition.

I don?t think it?s going to make an iota of difference politically. The few people left whose minds are not made up are going to recognize this as just being political theater as usual.

The people for Trump are going to realize these lunatics have no connection to Trump at all.

The people against Trump are going to see these guys as typical Trump supporters, even if technically they?re not Trump supporters.

Typically, when there's a covert criminal investigation going on, especially one that's being conducted using a confidential police informant, no one is supposed to make a public statement until arrests are made.

I mean... that's just common sense, right?

Yes. But that’s axiomatic. It’s also common sense to initially declare that “FBI was monitoring their activities for months and keeping this office informed.” That was not the case. She left that out of her statement.

Where is all this outrage over the use of provacateurs and confidential informants when they use them to shutdown lawful, Constitutionally-protected public protests?

Isn't that more of an issue? If anything this seems like a case where police use of these tactics was entirely justified. I mean... kidnapping anyone, let alone a sitting state governor, is illegal, and way outside any Constitutionally protected activity.

No one here, myself included, is declaring that the methods were suspect. I don’t see how that’s even possible to reach that conclusion. My contention is that these arrests could have been made much earlier than now to minimize danger to Gov. Whitmer, as far back as July or August.

Last edited:
?In one voice our nation must condemn racism, bigotry and white supremacy,? Trump said. ?These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart and devours the soul.?

This was from 2019. You can say he doesn?t mean it, but that?s not the point.

Or I could say

"The audience hit back. That's what we need a little bit more of, but don't do it based on race."
"In the good old days this doesn't happen because they used to treat them very, very rough, but not because of race or bigotry."
"Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court, don't worry about it, but not because of race or bigotry."
"I'd like to punch him in the face, but not because of race or bigotry."
"Knock the crap out of them, but not because of race or bigotry."
"Maybe he should have been roughed up, but not because of race or bigotry."
"I don?t know if I?ll do the fighting myself or if other people will, but not because of race or bigotry."

Does that get me off the hook?

I saw a headline saying one of these guys called Trump a tyrant.

Regardless of what they thought about, Trump was tweeting shit like "TAKE BACK MICHIGAN" at the same time he's dismissing the coronavirus threat and forcing state governors into the awkward position of bearing all the blame for shutting down their public spaces to protect the public, while trying to take away any credit.

Fuck him. He's directly to blame for this. I don't care what half-ass condemnation of white supremacy and political violence he made in 2019.

This was all an obvious outcome of his public statements throughout the year. It's not a stretch to attribute the actions of these morons to him.

Because there are other examples of president Trump denouncing white supremacy in relation to Charlottesville. How many times in a day does anyone have to, anyway?

That's the point of 'will anyone rid me of this meddlesome monk'. It's a dog whistle. You don't actually say the thing.

That?s apocryphal. And Henry I?s words, whatever they were, were not a veiled order to kill Becket. That?s on the four knights who interpreted them as such; as a royal command.

Regardless of what they thought about, Trump was tweeting shit like "TAKE BACK MICHIGAN" at the same time he's dismissing the coronavirus threat and forcing state governors into the awkward position of bearing all the blame for shutting down their public spaces to protect the public, while trying to take away any credit.

I believe that he could have been referencing to the next election.

He's directly to blame for this. I don't care what half-ass condemnation of white supremacy and political violence he made in 2019.

This was all an obvious outcome of his public statements throughout the year. It's not a stretch to attribute the actions of these morons to him.

So should be be arrested? And I expect we?ll know soon enough if these accused followed him on Twitter, the nature of their tweets and direct responses. Let?s hold Twitter accountable as well as enabling this brand of dissension on the part of a president.

Because there are other examples of president Trump denouncing white supremacy in relation to Charlottesville. How many times in a day does anyone have to, anyway?

However many times it takes to convince the people that would deal with the monk that you don't want them to deal with the monk.

That’s apocryphal. And Henry I’s words, whatever they were, were not a veiled order to kill Becket. That’s on the four knights who interpreted them as such; as a royal command.

It's just an illustration, not a detailed point-for-point analog.

Last edited:
Or I could say

"The audience hit back. That's what we need a little bit more of, but don't do it based on race."
"In the good old days this doesn't happen because they used to treat them very, very rough, but not because of race or bigotry."
"Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court, don't worry about it, but not because of race or bigotry."
"I'd like to punch him in the face, but not because of race or bigotry."
"Knock the crap out of them, but not because of race or bigotry."
"I don?t know if I?ll do the fighting myself or if other people will, but not because of race or bigotry."

Does that get me off the hook?

Can?t do, Sally. Anyway, we?re having a discussion, not a debate.

Fuck him. He's directly to blame for this. I don't care what half-ass condemnation of white supremacy and political violence he made in 2019.

I don?t see Trump as being directly to blame for this than Biden is for the riots across the country over the country.

And nobody died and there was no property damage in this case.

But I don?t care enough to try to persuade anybody.

I just got my vote by mail ballot and I see that Kanye is on the ballot for veep, I think it?s the American independent party.

That?s where my vote for president is going.

It may be a joke, but at least it?s less of a joke than voting for either one of these two old assholes.

I don?t see Trump as being directly to blame for this than Biden is for the riots across the country over the country.

And nobody died and there was no property damage in this case.

But I don?t care enough to try to persuade anybody.

I just got my vote by mail ballot and I see that Kanye is on the ballot for veep, I think it?s the American independent party.

That?s where my vote for president is going.

It may be a joke, but at least it?s less of a joke than voting for either one of these two old assholes.

if it turns out these guys were all just horny for Whitmer after seeing her on TV so much, then no, Trump's not to blame.

One. As long as he doesn't go and again praise white supremacists after denouncing them.

that's how language works.

One. As long as he doesn't go and again praise white supremacists after denouncing them.

Write your Congressperson. Start a bill that mandates this for any president.

Most people don't have to at all, it's assumed for most people. You change the requirement when you talk about the subject in certain terms or develop a history of race issues. Like if you said "I'm against white supremacy" and then you winked, then no amount of saying it would help going forward.

if it turns out these guys were all just horny for Whitmer after seeing her on TV so much, then no, Trump's not to blame.

Maybe they thought Cecily Strong was really Whitmer, and were horny for her.

Although Cecily had been made to look pretty dowdy in the SNL clip.

No Convictions For FBI-Directed 'White Supremacists': Whitmer Kidnapping Suspects Acquitted, Jury Deadlocked In Political Prosecution

In a system with a 98%+ conviction rate, where grand juries will indict a ham sandwich - as the old saying goes - the federal government failed to secure a single conviction in the case against four men accused of plotting to kidnap Michigan's Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

The massive prosecutorial failure (which shouldn't have been a surprise given the absurd levels of corruption and criminality exposed among the FBI agents who led the investigation, behavior that ultimately led to the lead investigating agent being fired by the bureau) will unquestionably undermine the Biden Administration's claim that far-right 'white supremacist' terror is the biggest internal threat to the US.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political...ts-whitmer-kidnapping-suspects-acquitted-jury

Last edited:
No Convictions For FBI-Directed 'White Supremacists': Whitmer Kidnapping Suspects Acquitted, Jury Deadlocked In Political Prosecution

In a system with a 98%+ conviction rate, where grand juries will indict a ham sandwich - as the old saying goes - the federal government failed to secure a single conviction in the case against four men accused of plotting to kidnap Michigan's Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

The massive prosecutorial failure (which shouldn't have been a surprise given the absurd levels of corruption and criminality exposed among the FBI agents who led the investigation, behavior that ultimately led to the lead investigating agent being fired by the bureau) will unquestionably undermine the Biden Administration's claim that far-right 'white supremacist' terror is the biggest internal threat to the US.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political...ts-whitmer-kidnapping-suspects-acquitted-jury

Just like most of their "terrorism" convictions post 9/11, entrapment is when the police budget is WAY bigger than the crime rate.

Or at least directed at the wrong crimes, when ranked by the size of the problem...

Just like most of their "terrorism" convictions post 9/11, entrapment is when the police budget is WAY bigger than the crime rate.

Or at least directed at the wrong crimes, when ranked by the size of the problem...

Sure have changed your tune since the OP...

Sounds like the FBI didn't have too much trouble thwarting this one.... Link:
The court filing also alleges the conspirators twice conducted surveillance at Whitmer's personal vacation home and discussed kidnapping her to a "secure location" in Wisconsin to stand "trial" for treason prior to the Nov. 3 election.

"Several members talked about murdering 'tyrants' or 'taking' a sitting governor," an FBI agent wrote in the affidavit. "The group decided they needed to increase their numbers and encouraged each other to talk to their neighbors and spread their message."​

I wonder where these clowns get their ideas from?

The answer is the FBI, they get these ideas from the FBI. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Then there are these gems...

Typically, when there's a covert criminal investigation going on, especially one that's being conducted using a confidential police informant, no one is supposed to make a public statement until arrests are made.

I mean... that's just common sense, right?

Where is all this outrage over the use of provacateurs and confidential informants when they use them to shutdown lawful, Constitutionally-protected public protests?

Isn't that more of an issue? If anything this seems like a case where police use of these tactics was entirely justified. I mean... kidnapping anyone, let alone a sitting state governor, is illegal, and way outside any Constitutionally protected activity.

Entrapment, entirely justified...where did you go to law school?

Again, it's the FBI that worked against Trump from his candidacy until now that's directly to blame for this...but what about white supremacy? It's the #1 threat to national security because TRUMP, guys! Guys!!! Seriously guys!!!!

Wow, my speculations on an internet message board were wrong.

you got me real good there, smart guy!

Back