Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

BYE Week Score Prediction Thread - Intriguing Other Games Week 8

Michchamp

Since we have a Bye this week, I was thinking we could take a look at a couple other notable matchups. pick one if you like, or make multiple picks, and woof and bark all you like, you dogs.

Keep in mind since all these schools are not Michigan, they are COMPLETE CRAP, and you should not care about them... unless you're an MSU fan, then you should probably watch that IU-Rutgers game and look for weaknesses that could give your team an advantage. Send Mel an email with your tips. He'll thank you.

Rodney Dangerfield "I don't get no respect!" Game
p_rodney_dangerfield_1.jpeg

Iowa +28.5 @ OSU (49 o/u)
I was really surprised Iowa was almost a 30 pt dog, even if it is at OSU. I feel like Ferentz could use that motivate his team. Just put that number on the chalkboard and walk out of the room. That being said, Iowa COULD also lose this by 40+, but I don't think they will... unless Mel Tucker is guest coaching their secondary this week.

Battle of the Cellar Dwellers
cellar-dweller.jpg

IU +3 @ Rutgers (47.5 o/u)
Again, I only put this one here for the MSU posters. They'll likely need to beat both of these teams to make a bowl. How the mighty have fallen...

The "Please Let Both These Teams Lose" Game
:shrug:
Syracuse +13.5 @ Clemson (49.5 o/u)
Both of these teams are undefeated, and I don't want to keep hearing about either of them, so I hope they both lose this game. Clemson has a pretty soft schedule after it, so this might be their last chance for a regular season loss, unless ND can pull an upset in South Bend. They're all in the same division in the ACC so... Yeah.

Effete, Beta Cuck Libtard Soy Boy West Coast Slapfight
portlandhipsters.jpg

UCLA +6 @ Oregon (69.5 o/u)
Do they even play football out there? Hurr. I bet Bama's third string could run either of these Chicom teams off the field. Hell, my grandma's knitting club could probably hang 50 on both these teams, Durrrr

Battle of the Religious Freaks
BYU -6.5 @ Liberty (58 o/u)
Screenshot_2020-08-07-Robert-Downen-on-Twitter-wut-is-happening-https-t-co-8iEOr9EeRQ-Twitter.png

"Black water," Jerry? who drinks that? Maybe claim it was a Diet Coke?

Mainstream Protestants, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, and Atheists will be having a BLAST together watching sober Mormons and Evangelicals work themselves into a murderous frenzy. When they fight, we all win. Something for everyone... who's not a religious freak. Most likely I still won't be watching this game though, nor will anyone outside of the fanbases of these programs.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry I couldn't find a pic for the "Cuse-Clem" game. Was typing this at lunch on my phone and so limited in what I could find.

I'm calling...

OSU wins, closer than expected, doesn't cover

Rutgers wins & covers

Clemson wins & does not

Oregon wins and covers easily

and

BYU stomps the Fundies.

I?m looking forward to the Iowa -osu game, and the penn state - Minnesota game. I hope Iowa can hang with the nuts, but I?m afraid stroud is gonna light them up

Nice job.

I made this the official other games thread for this week.

Jerry Falwell Jr. is headline making for being a notorious falling down drunk - like literally 911 calls because of hospitalizing injuries from falling down when drunk. I think he?s joking that it?s not booze.

I think that?s his wife in the pic - anyway, I guess she was fucking their pool boy for years and he knew about it and didn?t care. Maybe he had his own sidepiece(s) or maybe he was too drunk to care.

I?ll be rooting for UCLA if I?m anywhere near TV when it?s on, which I?m not sure. Pretty sure it?s not the Big Noon Saturday game.

Iowa's offense is pointless. They should just punt on first down and let the defense try to score.

Goddamnit there was a receiver wide open for a first down lol. He was covered by the referee

Maybe thewolverines24 has it right in post #10. Just punt on first down and put the ball in the hands of your defense.

See? That?s what I?m talkin? about. If they had punted on first down the defense would be back on the field with much better field position for a chance to force a turnover and score.

Nice job.

I made this the official other games thread for this week.

Jerry Falwell Jr. is headline making for being a notorious falling down drunk - like literally 911 calls because of hospitalizing injuries from falling down when drunk. I think he?s joking that it?s not booze.

I think that?s his wife in the pic - anyway, I guess she was fucking their pool boy for years and he knew about it and didn?t care. Maybe he had his own sidepiece(s) or maybe he was too drunk to care.

I?ll be rooting for UCLA if I?m anywhere near TV when it?s on, which I?m not sure. Pretty sure it?s not the Big Noon Saturday game.

according to the poolboy, he would go down on teh wife while Jerry watched. he liked to watch

Back