Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chargers, Rams, Raiders all file for relocation

Very cryptic but I haven't been to Tombstone either. Maybe one day..

Though I have been to Phoenix, like 4 times.

I can't imagine the Lions leaving Detroit. I'd be so gutted. I feel for the fans of those teams.

I also feel for all the members of the organization. To be forced into a decision whether to move with your company or not is not a simple thing. What about their spouse? What is the market like for getting a home? There are hundreds of small fish in these organizations who don't make millions and will need to decide on whether moving or staying is their best option. Staying could lead to unemployment with no guarantee of a future job waiting for them. Moving means their spouse quits their job most likely and has to find work in LA while the person with the team has to earn even more money (which they will not likely get a Cost Of Living wage increase) in order to support the family and pay the higher priced bills in LA. Not that any city is cheap, and the difference between SD/Oakland/LA is not that big...but between StL and LA? That's not a small cost of living difference there.

How old are the children? What is the challenge in taking them out of school and getting them into a new school?

For more than a few, it seems staying might be the better option, but both options come at a potentially big cost...all so the fat cat at the top can try making more money.

Rams have moved so often they should be renamed the Nomads.

I also feel for all the members of the organization. To be forced into a decision whether to move with your company or not is not a simple thing.

Yes very different from the security and certainty of being drafted or entering the NFL through free agency when they first entered the league.

It is a potentialy very highly lucrative and rewarding occupation for a very small group of elitely talented young people who are doing something that virtually nobody else in the population would be capable of doing.

It is a nomadic business at its core.

"A proposal that would move the Rams and a team to be determined to Inglewood, California, leads 20-12 after the first round of owners' voting, according to a Los Angeles Times report. No official decision has been made, as the necessary 24 votes has yet to be reached"

IMO, this will be an utter failure. Honestly, I don't think one team does well there let a lone two.I think in 8 years we'll have theColorado Rams or St. Louis Ducks.

I feel bad for charger and ram fans.. losing a team you grew up with then watch it move must suck.

It still sucks. But even teenager's that are now in their 40's, sucks for them too. How about all the stadium workers, now unemployed.

What about all the currently unemployed stadium workers in Southern California? Who is looking out for them?

PS...one caviat I dint realize. Part of todays deal was giving Spanos 100 mil to figure out how to stay in San Diego. A lot of the local deals down here were doomed because of funding...this might open several different possibilities to stay in SD....but I think Spanos has wanted to leave for awhile now. Will be interesting to see if hes makes an effort to stay.

I feel bad for the raiders....they just got assed out on a deal.

https://twitter.com/LATimesfarmer/status/687093654637285378

They made out with $100 Million too. Honestly, from all three teams perspective, this is a win. Raiders and Chargers goal was to get more money and Rams goal was to move to LA. Chargers and Raiders were looking to stay in their current markets. Rams obviously the major winner because their value easily doubles.

Still amazes me that all three of these teams used to be in L.A., and they all bailed. Now they are fighting to get back in, and people feel sorry for the one that won't.

Still amazes me that all three of these teams used to be in L.A., and they all bailed. Now they are fighting to get back in, and people feel sorry for the one that won't.

Living in this area.....I figured people from LA already have a mediocre football team ran by a dictator that changes coaches every year. No im not talking about the raiders.....im talking about the USC Trojans!

The said it will be like Show time... LOL.. Not with that offense and coach. It is weird the same team that moved out of LA for St louis is going back.. Makes no sense to me..

What about all the currently unemployed stadium workers in Southern California? Who is looking out for them?

You mean from 25 years ago? So lets make the same mistake twice or is this 4 times by now.

This is about money, plain and simple. But LA always destroys their NFL team. Or are they saying LA fans, and employees matter more than St. Louis fans and their employees.

Last edited:
Back