Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cheap shots on Michigan players

rumseyhouse77

I counted at least 4 cheap shots on Michigan players by Purdue. The one where Wilson was body slammed after the whistle was blown, the late hit on JJ on the same play, the one where the Purdue punt cover grabbed a fist full of the Michigan players jerzy and ran him into the punt receiver, and the one where the guy jumped on Corum's head bent his neck backwards and pulled him to the ground (and Corum got called for holding lol!). Any one of these could have seriously injured the Michigan players. And then there were the cheap shots by MSU players last week. When is the B1G Commissioner going to step up and punish these players and their teams for these cheap and dangerous shots? You can't tell me the coaches didn't know their players were going to play dirty. I call for the immediate suspension of these coaches and players.

Last edited:
Purdue's coach has revealed himself to be a big thin-skinned bitch. His players reflect that.

oh well... we're not scheduled to play them next year, so unless we both play for the Big Ten championship in '24, we probably won't play him again before he's fired at the end of next season.

Purdues coach is whiny because he's pissed they had to change up all their signals because they were playing Cheaters? First it was Ryan Day was a crybaby now Purdue's coach. Newsflash, the whole fucking conference is pissed. Only um fans would play victim after their team got caught cheating. Good lord

Purdues coach is whiny because he's pissed they had to change up all their signals because they were playing Cheaters? First it was Ryan Day was a crybaby now Purdue's coach. Newsflash, the whole fucking conference is pissed. Only um fans would play victim after their team got caught cheating. Good lord

plenty of coaches have said it's bullshit anyone is acting surprised and changing signs during the season is football coaching 101.

your grandstanding about cheating is getting irritating. take it to the RCMB with the rest of the haters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lol, change their signals? You mean something you should do on a regular basis and also have had 3 weeks to do? Nope, he's a cunt. Straight up. And, again, for the slow, deciphering signals is not cheating. Its allowed. Having someone from your staff at a potential opponents game is against the rules. People not on staff can record all they want. This is the part that teams are having issue with. Again, though, people that are complaining the loudest, are the ones doing it, too.

There's an old saying, accuse others for what you are already doing.

Here's a link to his postgame comments & video. He wasn't still talking shit, & said we're a very good football team, but in response to a direct question about his comments, he didn't back down, stood by his earlier comments and said it was unfair.

The press SHOULD be as hard on these claims as they are on us. Anyone whining about it should be asked if in their coaching experience they ever had signs stolen before, whether they changed signs before games or at all, and whether they would change signs before playing anyone else.

Well... this is the first time he's coached against us and had at least 17 days of notice about the sign stealing... and still lost big. Not as bad as MSU did, 49-0 if you recall, Aka "MSU's worst home loss in their history."

MSU only had 10 days notice though. That's probably not enough time for them to change their signals. They need months.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the Spartans didn't even change their signals, and figured they'd just whine about cheating later on and use that as an excuse (that's why they go to MSU, not Michigan.)

Last edited by a moderator:
You keep ignoring the level your guy went to cheat. You guys better stay here in your safe bubble. Or only follow michigan slappys for awhile. Because the rest of the world is calling it for what it is. Scumbag shit. Not like you guys haven't had some scummy shit going on besides this tho.

Msu is terrible right now. They could've let msu huddle with them and they still wouldn't stop michigan. But this isn't about msu, Captain Deflector.

It?s always and forever about MSU with you turd. For crap?s sake you?re even whining about being disrespected by Purdue?s coach because he had the temerity to call cheating cheating. You can?t stand that the world isn?t validating uofm and fawning all over them every chance they get. I?ve never seen anyone with such a huge inferiority complex in all my life.

"where they guy jumped on Corum's head bent his neck backwards and pulled him to the ground (and Corum got called for holding lol!)"

I watched the entire game and this was the only egregious one that I saw. The rest were pretty typical for any game.

"where they guy jumped on Corum's head bent his neck backwards and pulled him to the ground (and Corum got called for holding lol!)"

I watched the entire game and this was the only egregious one that I saw. The rest were pretty typical for any game.

That really was quite an incredible feat Corum pulled off there, wun?t it?

Am I wrong or was he actually the ball carrier on the play? I?m not finding the video of it.

If he got called for holding as the ball carrier, that?s somethin.?

You keep ignoring the level your guy went to cheat. You guys better stay here in your safe bubble. Or only follow michigan slappys for awhile. Because the rest of the world is calling it for what it is. Scumbag shit. Not like you guys haven't had some scummy shit going on besides this tho.

Yeah.

I don?t know what bubble you?re talking about; here in Cali this is what people are are talking about.

They?re probably talking this in Israel and Gaza.

Some are saying it?s no biggie, others not so much.

The investigation will come to its conclusion, and the chips will fall where they will.

I wasn?t there and I didn?t see or do anything.

All the faux outrage is no justification for dirty play that has the potential to cause injury to the players of the other team. There is no evidence "the team" cheated. A low level staffer has been accused of either personally attending the games of future opponents and/or videoing the sidelines of said future opponents or sending agents to the games of future opponents with the same purpose. How the low-level staffer used the information gathered has not been established. It is possible that the information was used to decipher the future opponent's signs and signals. He may or may not have used the information to provide an advantage to Michigan during games. To engage in, and justify head hunting, based on rumors and accusations whipped up by faux outrage is akin to lynching. It is the action of the weak-minded being misled by those with bad intent attempting to gain advantage over the other team by intentionally injuring the other team's best players. I believe these offenses were intentionally directed at Michigan's best players (leading rusher, leading receiver, and starting QB) with the intent to cause them injury and render them unable to continue to play. Coaches making public statements regarding the ongoing and incomplete investigation of the low-level Michigan staffer are encouraging their players to engage in such behavior and should be warned by the B1G Commissioner and the NCAA that it will not be tolerated. Players, teams, and coaches that engage in such behavior should be subject to penalties including expulsion from the game.

Msu is terrible right now. They could've let msu huddle with them and they still wouldn't stop michigan. But this isn't about msu, Captain Deflector.

It kinda is. Plenty of third parties here have chimed in to say lots of programs do this sort of thing and you have to assume your signals will get stolen at some point.

MSU fans and admins are just the loudest voice trying to make this into something it's not. Probably because they'd rather do that then figure out how to clean up their own mess of a program . And university.

I guess since that's not going to change anytime soon, we'll be stuck having to listen to your bullshit for the foreseeable future.

All the faux outrage is no justification for dirty play that has the potential to cause injury to the players of the other team. There is no evidence "the team" cheated. A low level staffer has been accused of either personally attending the games of future opponents and/or videoing the sidelines of said future opponents or sending agents to the games of future opponents with the same purpose. How the low-level staffer used the information gathered has not been established. It is possible that the information was used to decipher the future opponent's signs and signals. He may or may not have used the information to provide an advantage to Michigan during games. To engage in, and justify head hunting, based on rumors and accusations whipped up by faux outrage is akin to lynching. It is the action of the weak-minded being misled by those with bad intent attempting to gain advantage over the other team by intentionally injuring the other team's best players. I believe these offenses were intentionally directed at Michigan's best players (leading rusher, leading receiver, and starting QB) with the intent to cause them injury and render them unable to continue to play. Coaches making public statements regarding the ongoing and incomplete investigation of the low-level Michigan staffer are encouraging their players to engage in such behavior and should be warned by the B1G Commissioner and the NCAA that it will not be tolerated. Players, teams, and coaches that engage in such behavior should be subject to penalties including expulsion from the game.

I assume Harbaugh and the football office have already been in the commissioner's ear over this (and they should be). I hope Pertitti has the stones to do what's right and face down the mob calling for blood; the mob (which mainly appears to be MSU and a couple other loser programs) will talk shit no matter what he does, and won't ever be satisfied. If he acts right now before any investigation, it sets a very bad precedent.

Bubble? I listened to The Fan in Columbus driving through Ohio from NC to Michigan last Friday. The vitriol is more toxic than liquid H2SO4. Past the point of even minimal consideration. Buckeye fans is (sic) skewed by an angle so oblique and if they bent themselves to the same degree, the backs of their heads would touch their feet. It was highly entertaining. Five hours of whining, wailing, and knashing of teeth.

EDIT: And the local early-morning show in NC is hosted by a PSU fan who wants Michigan banned from the post season for multiple years. I've confronted the cudgels and pitchforks first-hand. If there are bubbles, they exist in the heads of those in the mob.

Last edited:
Bubble? I listened to The Fan in Columbus driving through Ohio from NC to Michigan last Friday. The vitriol is more toxic than liquid H2SO4. Past the point of even minimal consideration. Buckeye fans is (sic) skewed by an angle so oblique and if they bent themselves to the same degree, the backs of their heads would touch their feet. It was highly entertaining. Five hours of whining, wailing, and knashing of teeth.

EDIT: And the local early-morning show in NC is hosted by a PSU fan who wants Michigan banned from the post season for multiple years. I've confronted the cudgels and pitchforks first-hand. If there are bubbles, they exist in the heads of those in the mob.

according to some, the squawking is part of the "evidence" that something needs to be done. it's just a flock of starlings chirping

on the flip side, there is no evidence that the "cheap shots" as they have been called, are anything other than that, just typical personal fouls that are common in every game we watch.

on the flip side, there is no evidence that the "cheap shots" as they have been called, are anything other than that, just typical personal fouls that are common in every game we watch.

true, but I think it's a valid concern, especially if the officials aren't going to call it. At some point the "other sides" realize they can tee off on Michigan players, and will, when they're down 30 points and their season is already circling the toilet.

Whatever faith I may have in the average player being above that kind of petty behavior evaporates when I see their coaches or admins whining to the media.

Back