Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cheap shots on Michigan players

It kinda is. Plenty of third parties here have chimed in to say lots of programs do this sort of thing and you have to assume your signals will get stolen at some point.

MSU fans and admins are just the loudest voice trying to make this into something it's not. Probably because they'd rather do that then figure out how to clean up their own mess of a program . And university.

I guess since that's not going to change anytime soon, we'll be stuck having to listen to your bullshit for the foreseeable future.

can you provide some links to support this? Can you do better than your usual made up bs like 'I read it on RCMB'?

I haven't seen any comments from the MSU administration on this scandal nor have I seen anything from the football staff other than Barnett saying something like 'we're aware of it and we stopped using signals and gave plays directly to Houser.' If that offends your delicate sensibilities, you really need to develop a thicker skin. The fact that you have this thread says a lot about what a bunch of whiny sissies some uofm fans are. I've only watched on full uofm game this year but I saw more cheap shots coming from their players.

I don't think anyone, first or third party has said lots of programs do this sort of thing. They've all said they try to scout other teams and decipher their signals but I haven't seen a single program say they send staffers to opponents stadiums disguised as visiting team staffers or have staffers buy tickets to future opponents games for themselves or students to record future opponents signals. The fact that everyone tries to figure out everyone else's signs isn't an excuse for the egregious rules violations uofm is being investigated for.

Last edited:
This whole "low level staffer" defense is laughable. The guy was telling the HC, OC and DC what to do on game days. lol

All the faux outrage is no justification for dirty play that has the potential to cause injury to the players of the other team. There is no evidence "the team" cheated. A low level staffer has been accused of either personally attending the games of future opponents and/or videoing the sidelines of said future opponents or sending agents to the games of future opponents with the same purpose. How the low-level staffer used the information gathered has not been established. It is possible that the information was used to decipher the future opponent's signs and signals. He may or may not have used the information to provide an advantage to Michigan during games. To engage in, and justify head hunting, based on rumors and accusations whipped up by faux outrage is akin to lynching. It is the action of the weak-minded being misled by those with bad intent attempting to gain advantage over the other team by intentionally injuring the other team's best players. I believe these offenses were intentionally directed at Michigan's best players (leading rusher, leading receiver, and starting QB) with the intent to cause them injury and render them unable to continue to play. Coaches making public statements regarding the ongoing and incomplete investigation of the low-level Michigan staffer are encouraging their players to engage in such behavior and should be warned by the B1G Commissioner and the NCAA that it will not be tolerated. Players, teams, and coaches that engage in such behavior should be subject to penalties including expulsion from the game.

This is perhaps the most bizarre thing I've ever read on this forum. Opposing coaches are now engaging in stochastic terrorism and the league needs to step in to protect uofm players? Are you serious? Please tell me this is a joke...

This is perhaps the most bizarre thing I've ever read on this forum. Opposing coaches are now engaging in stochastic terrorism and the league needs to step in to protect uofm players? Are you serious? Please tell me this is a joke...

Give him a break. Free thinking isn't easy when you're in a cult

Purdue's QB, Hudson Card, after playing Michigan:

Question: You guys changed offensive playcall signals this week, how did that affect you in this game and were there any difficulties that stemmed from that?

Card: No. We practiced it and we were dialed on it, so it didn't cause too many issues at all. At the end of the day we just have to go out there and execute better.

Question: As a QB, is it a challenge or is it feasible to change your signs every single week?

Card: Yeah, it's pretty common, you know to change some here and there that you use quite a bit. It's not something that doesn't happen all the time. So it happens regardless of the situation, so it's pretty common.

Video of his interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qHz6IKz7-4

It was shocking that Card could get through the interview without clutching his pearls, crying, and asking how he will ever explain such a tragedy to his future children.

So weird he gave an answer about how none of this matters. It's amazing how easy it is for media sensationalism to rile people up. Guess that's why a complete jackass douche like Skip Bayless can make millions of dollars in media.

It was shocking that Card could get through the interview without clutching his pearls, crying, and asking how he will ever explain such a tragedy to his future children.

So weird he gave an answer about how none of this matters. It's amazing how easy it is for media sensationalism to rile people up. Guess that's why a complete jackass douche like Skip Bayless can make millions of dollars in media.

he doesn't have the emotional baggage others do, I guess. or an agenda to push...

spartahack wants everyone to know he learned a big new word.

it's two words and I made fun of you (or was it Gulo) when I first heard it a couple years ago for trying to pass it off as a thing. Now I'm making fun of Rumsey for using it.

Have to say it's pretty funny that people could read that post claiming that uofm players are in danger by opposing coaches calling out cheating and then call other people "pearl clutchers"...Classic.

Last edited:
Purdue's QB, Hudson Card, after playing Michigan:

Question: You guys changed offensive playcall signals this week, how did that affect you in this game and were there any difficulties that stemmed from that?

Card: No. We practiced it and we were dialed on it, so it didn't cause too many issues at all. At the end of the day we just have to go out there and execute better.

Question: As a QB, is it a challenge or is it feasible to change your signs every single week?

Card: Yeah, it's pretty common, you know to change some here and there that you use quite a bit. It's not something that doesn't happen all the time. So it happens regardless of the situation, so it's pretty common.

Video of his interview:

This is evidence of what? That uofm didn't break any rules because teams can and do change their signs? I could be wrong, but I don't think it works that way.

Is this that "context" none of the whiners wanted to consider when they cast stones?

I expect more stuff like this will come out:
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) ? A former employee at a Big Ten football program said Monday it was his job to steal signs and he was given details from multiple league schools to compile a spreadsheet of play-calling signals used by Michigan last year.

The employee said he recently shared the documents, which showed the Wolverines? signs and corresponding plays ? as well as screenshots of text-message exchanges with staffers at other Big Ten schools ? with Michigan. He spoke with The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because he feared the disclosures could impact his coaching career.

The spreadsheet was compiled with details from a handful of coaches and programs across the Big Ten, the person said. He also said gave the details to Michigan last week because he hoped it would help Jim Harbaugh?s embattled program and he believes Harbaugh and his coaches are being unfairly blamed for the actions of a rogue staffer.
Michigan shared the documents from the former Big Ten football program staffer and related content with the Big Ten on Friday...

well, at least the press is letting pro-Michigan voices speak anonymously as well, I guess.

State lost to James fucking Madison?!?

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

The single last standing ounce of dignity left in Lansing - IZZO and the precious/special basketball team loses before Turkey Day to a school named after Dolly Madison?s husband ?

Hahahahahahahaha!!! Damn, talk about all your eggs in one basket, you sure as hell better hope the NCAA goes all Stalin on MICHIGAN

Hahahahaha?. Classic

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

The single last standing ounce of dignity left in Lansing - IZZO and the precious/special basketball team loses before Turkey Day to a school named after Dolly Madison?s husband ?

Hahahahahahahaha!!! Damn, talk about all your eggs in one basket, you sure as hell better hope the NCAA goes all Stalin on MICHIGAN

Hahahahaha?. Classic
These are good laughs!

I had no idea MSU played last night, until I checked my phone before bed and saw that the resident spartan fan on our text thread said he now hated James Madison. Ha!

BWAHAHAHAHA!

To be Fair James Madison was 8 for 29 from three..Msu was 1 for 20. I missed it too. When they were playing it out in ot I don't get the strategy. JM dribbled up on then bomb a 3 in with I think 8 seconds left. Why not foul ? The worst they could do is go up 3. You still have a chance
To tie. He drilled a 3 to make it a 4 point spread. Again I missed the game.
Guess they were trying to get a stop.

Box score
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore/_/gameId/401581835

Last edited:

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Hahahahaha?. Classic

Yup, bad loss. I'm just glad Izzo didn't assault anyone after the game like that pos Howard. But shit like that is the norm for you guys nowadays

you seem confused as to what "norm" means.

Coach assaults someone post-game, coach gets fired for computer crimes, staff member gets caught cheating, staff member gets caught trying to meet up with a 13 year old. Just so much yuck ????

you seem confused as to what "norm" means.

I expect nothing less from a fan base that is completely fine blaming a tunnel for a full out assault with a weapon. Yes, a football helmet is a weapon that can be used for deadly force. That is fine, but Juwan is a POS because he slapped another man that was continuing the fight after the Wisconsin game. Juwan fucked up, we all acknowledged he did, and he was suspended five games.

Tom Izzo is really not the hill to die on when trying to call Juwan a POS. How many rapists has Juwan kept on his team? Tom can't say zero.

Last edited:
Coach assaults someone post-game, coach gets fired for computer crimes, staff member gets caught cheating, staff member gets caught trying to meet up with a 13 year old. Just so much yuck ????

The windows in your glass house are too close, numerous, and large for you to hurl rocks.
1. Tunnel gate
2. Phone sex gate
3. Nassar gate
4. Gang rape gate

I'm surprised that a man of Izzo's impeccable integrity still coaches there.

Back