Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Check this Page out of the

biggunsbob

Lions book I am reading to put it into perspective on how great the Lions were in the 1950's

Attachments

• 20210127_100536.jpg
    20210127_100536.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 23
I didn't realize how good there were against the other dominant team of the 1950's. They owned Paul Brown's Cleveland Brown's.

Hell I would root to have another decade like this but heck I would love just to have 1 or 2 deep playoff runs. Damn Fords.

2011, 2014, 2016, 2017 Lions were better than all of those Lions teams

Why do you ruin threads with your bullshit?

Not bullshit at all. Lets debate.

I mean first thing, NFL now is way way way better with way way way better athletes than anyone from the 50s. Little midgets running around then

Like the 2008 Lions could possibly beaten any of those 50s teams on a given Sunday

Not bullshit at all. Lets debate.

I mean first thing, NFL now is way way way better with way way way better athletes than anyone from the 50s. Little midgets running around then

Like the 2008 Lions could possibly beaten any of those 50s teams on a given Sunday

I get that. Everyone knows that. It?s also not at all the point Bob was making. You are starting an argument that didn?t exist to try to prove a point nobody asked about.

Like i said......bullshit.

Go away.

I get that. Everyone knows that. It?s also not at all the point Bob was making. You are starting an argument that didn?t exist to try to prove a point nobody asked about.

Like i said......bullshit.

Go away.

2014 Lions team is the greatest Lion team ever. It's not a debate

Stafford greatest Lion QB ever and a Hall of Famer

Cool some old guys won in the 50s. I care about that as much as any old losing Lions season under the Fords.

People talking about curses lol

2014 Lions team is the greatest Lion team ever. It's not a debate

Stafford greatest Lion QB ever and a Hall of Famer

Cool some old guys won in the 50s. I care about that as much as any old losing Lions season under the Fords.

People talking about curses lol

All points nobody made. Congratulations. You?re an ass clown.

I wish I could ban you.

2011, 2014, 2016, 2017 Lions were better than all of those Lions teams

Apple, meet Cinder Block. Or Engine Block. I expect that any current NFL team would outperform any NFL team from the 1950s.

Statements like these are not suggestive of your ability to think critically.

Apple, meet Cinder Block. Or Engine Block. I expect that any current NFL team would outperform any NFL team from the 1950s.

Statements like these are not suggestive of your ability to think critically.

Start praising Stafford for his HOF championship quality QB play. And note Lions can create great teams. Not some curse against them.

That's the point

And a new era begins

Start praising Stafford for his HOF championship quality QB play.
With zero championships.

And note Lions can create great teams. Not some curse against them.
That's the point

The last ?great? Lions? team was 1962. So the next ?great? team the Lions ?create? will be its first since then.

And a new era begins

Era #15 under the reign of the Ford Family. With no championships to date, and one playoff win. So, I?ll keep my enthusiasm tempered.

I don't believe in cancel culture, but for LKP I'm willing to make an exception.

Back