Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Check this Page out of the

LKP Why the fuck would you ruin this thread on the great era of Lions from the 1950's??

Do I have to start watching this bullshit again??

LKP Why the fuck would you ruin this thread on the great era of Lions from the 1950's??

Do I have to start watching this bullshit again??

I would not be against giving him a time out..

Nice thread starter Bob, great stuff.

Debating which lions teams better on a message board

50s teams were good. No 2014 but glad they dominated

If you look at their records though they werent going 12 0
9 3
10 2
9 2 1
8 4 their final championship. 8 4 is ok these days

Plus the lions made it to the final Sunday 2 more times in the 1950’s with a chance at the title. That is something not seen very often under the Fords sadly. The reason the refs fuck us is because we never win. We never take control and win. The Fords suck as owners we all agree on that. Whatever you ea t to say the Lions run from 1950 to 57 was impressive.mid the shit ass Fords didn’t ruin it the lions might be Revered like the Packers are to this day. Who I knows because the Dordsm ruined it with a way under .500 records. They are like 100-130 games under .500 . That is so bad.

I have always liked Matt Stafford and I wanted him to win. I do think the refs screwed us in Dallas but we did have a lead in that game we blew. The other 2 playoffs games New Orleans was better then us and had a game game although we had a lead in that game too. Seattle was better then us. I will be back in a minute.. I have to do something.

Last edited:
Fords spent money on many things
Stadium, facilities

Loyal to thomas and millen too long

Other than stafford never found a hof qb.

Sims injury. Sanders retirement desoite 5 playoff appearwnces

New owner now and process was different this time..we shall see. There is no owner curse

Yay 1950s. Congrats on being old and winning

Stadium, facilities

New owner now and process was different this time..we shall see. There is no owner curse

Again it was just for discussion. It was in a damn book that was just written. The Lions were one of the NFL?s best teams in the 1950?s. It sure would be nice if ownership would stop hiring bumbling idiots as head coaches. I think in hindsight firing Joe Schmidt may have been stupid.
It?s The Whole teams fault from top all the way to the bottom including the qb. Sadly it never clicked with Matt. And listen history matters. Just ask Packer, Dallas, Pittsburgh, New England , NYG, and some other teams who are Revered. The Lions could have been if The Fords hadn?t fucked it up. I hope Matt gets a chance to win something but man it sure would be nice to see the Lions go on a 10 year run of good football with some winning playoff teams.

William Clay Ford 1963-2013. Took control of the team on the day JFK was assassinated. Really weird. Then there is the Bobby Layne curse if you believe in that.
WCF record 334-457-15.

Martha Firestone Ford
45-50-1

Sheila Ford Hamp
5-11-0

There is no math were these nitwit owners get over .500 sadly.

I agree modern teams are way better then teams from the past. I did this stupid simulation of the best Lions teams I could find. Here is what happened. Every team played each other home and home. Using Ford Field, Briggs, Tiger stadium, and the Silverdome. I set up four division of five lions teams top 12 teams make the playoffs. Top 4 had byes. Here is what happened. ( real record) I missed some 9-7 teams (1980) maybe a few others the what if sim didn’t go back to 1935 so could not use any teams pre 1941. I was surprised how bad the 1991 and 1957 teams were.

East Division
(10-2)...1953 Lions....23-14-1
(11-3)...1962 Lions....22-16-0
(8-5-1)..1961 Lions....14-22-0
(9-4-1)..1969 Lions....14-24-0
(8-4).....1957 Lions....11-26-1

Central
(11-5)...2014 Lions......30-8-0
(10-6)...1993 Lions.....23-15-0
(9-7)....2017 Lions......20-17-1
(7-4-1).1951 Lions......19-19-1
(8-5-1).1972 Lions........6-31-1

South
(9-3)......1956 Lions......24-14-0
(9-2-1)...1954 Lions......24-14-0
(9-3)......1952 Lions......22-16-0
(10-4)....1970 Lions......17-19-2
(12-4)....1991 Lions........8-30-0

West
(9-7)...1997 Lions......28-10-0
(9-7)...2016 Lions......20-18-0
(10-6).2011 Lions......19-19-0
(9-7)..1983 Lions......18-20-0
(10-6)1995 Lions......17-21-0

Playoffs
8. 1952 Det
9. 2017 Det wins 18-3

5. 1954 Det wins 21-7
12 1951Det

7. 1962 Det wins 31-10
10.2016 Det

6. 1993 Det wins 17-12
11.2011 Det

Quarterfinals

#1. 2014 Det wins 38-14
#9. 2017 Det

#4. 1953 Det
#5. 1954 Det wins 10-3

#2 1997 Det
#7 1962 Det wins 17-12

#3 1956 Det
#6 1993 Det wins 24-17

Semifinals
#1 2014 Det
#5 1954 Det wins 13-10

#7 1962 Det wins 28-20
#6 1993 Det

Championship
#7 1962 Det
#5 1954 Det wins title 17-7.

Last edited:
Simulations aren't inconsistent. All I know was the Browns were dominate yet the Lions managed to win 3 titles. That sells how good they were.

Last edited:
Lions were best team in league in 2014. Refs ripped a title from them

Nobody every talks about how there was 8 minutes of play after that and the Lions did nothing with it. 6 points in the final 3 quarters. Choke job that gets glossed over by a bad non PI call.

Nobody every talks about how there was 8 minutes of play after that and the Lions did nothing with it. 6 points in the final 3 quarters. Choke job that gets glossed over by a bad non PI call.

I think most people do realize that.....but that was a terrible call that would have completely changed the game.

I think what also goes unnoticed in that sequence is Dez Bryant running 15 yards onto the field, without a helmet, to yell at the ref. Should have been a penalty. No call.

You can say what you want.....those ?no calls? are a very Lionesque thing to happen. But the NFL apologized, so all is well!!

It wasn't just one call. It was the Cowboys Oline egregioulsy holding every play too. The league just flat out allowed it so the Cowboys could win too. Then the DPI was icing on the cake. Missed obvious offside on Lawrence on the final drive too.

It was a complete screwjob not just one play

Stadium, facilities

There are plenty of other Lions threads where you can spread your Virus of Disinformation and we?ll continue to suppress it. This thread ain?t the one.

There are plenty of other Lions threads where you can spread your Virus of Disinformation and we?ll continue to suppress it. This thread ain?t the one.

Everything I said was factual

1950s teams were good. Woohooo.

Go kick Sheila in the mouth then and when she gets up she'll bite your knee cap

If The new coach wins I will be surprised. I just have zero Confidence in the Fords.

Everything I said was factual

1950s teams were good. Woohooo.

Go kick Sheila in the mouth then and when she gets up she'll bite your knee cap

That is just it. You don?t even get it which is funny. The Packers are Revered because of Vince Lombardi and the 1960?s. The Steelers are revered for the 4 super bowl titles in 10 years. The Patriots are called the best dynasty over the last 20 years. Cowboys, Denver NYG. I, am sure there are others. The Lions could have been also if the Fords hadn?t screwed it up and maybe we would get a favorable call every once in a while. The truth is the Fords ruined this football franchise sadly. They are the reason we are one of the laughingstock of the NFL. Why national radio host always blast Detroit.

If The new coach wins I will be surprised. I just have zero Confidence in the Fords.

The "restore the roar" mantra loses its luster with each passing regime. It's hard to even get excited for yet ANOTHER round of new coaches, philosophies, sayings.....ect.

I wonder if, behind closed doors, the Fords place the blame on everyone besides themselves for the last 60 years of shit? Otherwise, why not sell the team?

The One Pride tag is getting torn and frayed, too. Time for something new: like Same Old Lions.

That is just it. You don?t even get it which is funny. The Packers are Revered because of Vince Lombardi and the 1960?s. The Steelers are revered for the 4 super bowl titles in 10 years. The Patriots are called the best dynasty over the last 20 years. Cowboys, Denver NYG. I, am sure there are others. The Lions could have been also if the Fords hadn?t screwed it up and maybe we would get a favorable call every once in a while. The truth is the Fords ruined this football franchise sadly. They are the reason we are one of the laughingstock of the NFL. Why national radio host always blast Detroit.

You don't get it. The refs shouldn't be revering a team. They should not be biased. Its absolute bullshit that they do

Lions should get the Cowboys 1st round picks for the next 10 years for that bullshit.

Back