Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

It's still a complete joke , you must be one of the idiots freaking out over mass hysteria generated by the media ...in other words a sheep

All sports franchises shut down, all concerts and music festivals postponed indefinitely, hollywood movies being pushed way back, Disney and Universal parks closed. All those trillions of dollars lost and you think it's just because of a little media driven mass hysteria?

You're the complete joke

EDIT: sorry Ssg, I missed that you replied basically the same thing.

Last edited:
So, here in LA, they closed the schools as far as classrooms go...but everyone still can congregate together in the food service areas of the schools to be fed.

Well that’s going to be effective.

Last edited:
So, here in LA, they closed the schools as far as classrooms go...but everyone still can congregate together in the food service areas of the schools to be fed.

Well that?s going to be effective.

This is all a massive over reaction and trump is essentially on the verge of full on Marshall law and I don't agree with it.

The NBA could have shut down operations and dissolved completely due to the coronavirus and I probably wouldn't have noticed until I saw the DSF thread about it. Worst product in all of pro sports in my personal opinion.

All sports franchises shut down, all concerts and music festivals postponed indefinitely, hollywood movies being pushed way back, Disney and Universal parks closed. All those trillions of dollars lost and you think it's just because of a little media driven mass hysteria?

You're the complete joke

EDIT: sorry Ssg, I missed that you replied basically the same thing.

so this is the evidence that proves it's not mass hysteria? Isn't this what actual mass hysteria would look like? Literally everything being shut down? I'm not saying it is or it isn't, but you can't just point to what can easily be evidence of actual mass hysteria and say that's the proof that it's not just mass hysteria.

so this is the evidence that proves it's not mass hysteria? Isn't this what actual mass hysteria would look like? Literally everything being shut down? I'm not saying it is or it isn't, but you can't just point to what can easily be evidence of actual mass hysteria and say that's the proof that it's not just mass hysteria.

it's not mass hysteria when we're facing a novel virus, no one has any natural immunity to, and that is - based on the numbers they're seeing - twice as easily spread as the flu and 30 times deadlier.

I don't know what the people - none of whom are doctors or have any experience in public health - hope to gain by downplaying this and insisting they're going to go about their lives as usual.

it's not mass hysteria when we're facing a novel virus, no one has any natural immunity to, and that is - based on the numbers they're seeing - twice as easily spread as the flu and 30 times deadlier.

I don't know what the people - none of whom are doctors or have any experience in public health - hope to gain by downplaying this and insisting they're going to go about their lives as usual.

How do you know no one has any natural immunity to it? The guy in my town who contracted it supposedly got it from friends who had recently returned from a visit to Milan (that's in Italy) yet none of them are sick. I've also heard many people saying it's very likely that you may never have a symptom but can be a carrier. It could be that those carriers were lucky that the virus didn't find a pathway into their bodies, but there does seem to be some possibility that some have a natural immunity to it.

Also, how confident are you with your numbers that it's twice as easily spread as the flu and 30 times deadlier? I don't think we have enough data to support those numbers. From what I've seen, the lethality of the virus depends heavily on your age and general health.

Last edited:
This is all a massive over reaction and trump is essentially on the verge of full on Marshall law and I don't agree with it.

Mayor Garcetti has pretty much imposed elements of martial in LA. Bars, restaurants and gyms forced to shut down.

How do you know no one has any natural immunity to it? The guy in my town who contracted it supposedly got it from friends who had recently returned from a visit to Milan (that's in Italy) yet none of them are sick. I've also heard many people saying it's very likely that you may never have a symptom but can be a carrier. It could be that those carriers were lucky that the virus didn't find a pathway into their bodies, but there does seem to be some possibility that some have a natural immunity to it.

Also, how confident are you with your numbers that it's twice as easily spread as the flu and 30 times deadlier? I don't think we have enough data to support those numbers. From what I've seen, the lethality of the virus depends heavily on your age and general health.

I posted some links in Red's thread in the science and technology section.

But keep relying on anecdotal evidence from your fellow New Jerseyans who are not doctors or pathologists if ya want

Last edited by a moderator:
Mayor Garcetti has pretty much imposed elements of martial in LA. Bars, restaurants and gyms forced to shut down.

Terrible decision to close gyms.

this will force Los Angelans on to the railroad tracks for exercise, resulting in many more deaths.

Terrible decision to close gyms.

this will force Los Angelans on to the railroad tracks for exercise, resulting in many more deaths.

As long as they stay 6 feet away from anyone else, at least they won’t die of Covid 19.

Last edited:
I posted some links in Red's thread in the science and technology section.

But keep relying on anecdotal evidence from your fellow New Jerseyans who are not doctors or pathologists if ya want

How am I relying on anecdotal evidence? I'm not the one saying there is or isn't any natural immunity to it. Pretty silly criticism from the guy who bases virtually all his arguments on anecdotes.

Hey, were those links in Red's thread also from Vox?

Edit: I just read your "links" although I only saw one so it's "link" not "links" and it was to a tweet, not even an editorial, a tweet that only had a table of summary data - incomplete data in the case of the Wuhan virus. Now that's some science. Did you forget to read that link before posting it too?

Last edited:
man, south park has really gone down hill. that wasn't even funny.

did they stop getting high as hell before they write scripts?

Back