Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

Follow the money?

Pretty soon, now that COVID fatigue has set in, the narrative will switch to ?So it came from a lab in China, what difference does it make? Why don?t you care about the millions of people that died?? and the sheep will go along with it. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

"I kinda care because they died because the virus was manufactured in a lab in China," would be my response, "and there will be a reckoning for the responsible parties at some point, if not in this life, than in the next one."

anyone else think it's unusual this new investigation of a disease was conducted by the Department of Energy, not like an agency or department with the sort of expertise that would be required to investigate the origin of a virus? And not only that the wrong agency conducted the investigation, but also even they have "low confidence" in their result?

And the timing... right after all the (completely fucking idiotic) panic about Chinese weather balloons.

Maybe it did happen in a Chinese lab, I don't know.

But it's hard to get excited about it when the same people that have been all along insisting it was no big deal, was like the flu, might kill 10,000 people tops, and we shouldn't lock down, shouldn't get vaccinated, and shouldn't make masks mandatory (or even wear them at all) are insisting now that we should care about COVID, but not to do actually do anything about COVID, just to pointlessly scream more about the Chinese... and Democrats, of course. And Fauci. But not Trump, who was his boss when all this went down.

The buck always stops somewhere else.

anyone else think it's unusual this new investigation of a disease was conducted by the Department of Energy, not like an agency or department with the sort of expertise that would be required to investigate the origin of a virus? And not only that the wrong agency conducted the investigation, but also even they have "low confidence" in their result?

And the timing... right after all the (completely fucking idiotic) panic about Chinese weather balloons.

Maybe it did happen in a Chinese lab, I don't know.

But it's hard to get excited about it when the same people that have been all along insisting it was no big deal, was like the flu, might kill 10,000 people tops, and we shouldn't lock down, shouldn't get vaccinated, and shouldn't make masks mandatory (or even wear them at all) are insisting now that we should care about COVID, but not to do actually do anything about COVID, just to pointlessly scream more about the Chinese... and Democrats, of course. And Fauci. But not Trump, who was his boss when all this went down.

The buck always stops somewhere else.

It's not just the DOE, the head of the FBI also said the virus most likely came from the lab.

These are some high quality straw man arguments though. Nobody said don't do anything - that's just a weak attempt to dismiss people who didn't agree with the all the misguided ideas from Fauci and your beloved public health officials.

People blame Fauci because he's the one that drove all the bad policy and lied repeatedly about GOF research. He's also the guy that paid off the scientists who showed it was most likely an engineered virus with millions in grants getting them to change their story 4 days later.

Trump certainly deserves his share of the blame but as I recall, was one of the people who thought it could have come from the lab where they conducted GOF research on the virus which just so happened to be in the ground zero city. Probably just a coincidence.

Lockdowns and masks have been shown to be ineffective against preventing infection and spread of the virus and have caused significant harms - by all means though, put on your masks and lock yourself down, no one is stopping you.

And if it was leaked from the lab, then they're not pointlessly screaming at the Chinese. Even if it wasn't leaked from lab it was definitely leaked from, China deserves plenty of criticism for the shenanigans they pulled that allowed this thing to spread. They're not innocent no matter what the official outcome of the investigation into the lab that leaked the virus ends up being.

Last edited:
Fauci: ?Let?s say we get 75 percent, 80 percent of the population vaccinated,? Fauci said. ?If we do that, if we do it efficiently enough over the second quarter of 2021, by the time we get to the end of the summer, i.e., the third quarter, we may actually have enough herd immunity protecting our society that as we get to the end of 2021, we can approach very much some degree of normality that is close to where we were before.?

This was Dec. 2020. Link

Back then, I gather that "vaccinated" meant "one dose". Well over 80% have had one dose. A far smaller number is boosted.

That article is a flashback to "we have no idea what's going to happen but everyone needs to get vaccinated" land. And, of course, masking, distancing, compliance ... you know ... S C I E N C E

72aed64f5cb96c023d5339a879fba2d2.500x377x1.jpg

Fauci: ?Let?s say we get 75 percent, 80 percent of the population vaccinated,? Fauci said. ?If we do that, if we do it efficiently enough over the second quarter of 2021, by the time we get to the end of the summer, i.e., the third quarter, we may actually have enough herd immunity protecting our society that as we get to the end of 2021, we can approach very much some degree of normality that is close to where we were before.?

This was Dec. 2020. Link

Back then, I gather that "vaccinated" meant "one dose". Well over 80% have had one dose. A far smaller number is boosted.

That article is a flashback to "we have no idea what's going to happen but everyone needs to get vaccinated" land. And, of course, masking, distancing, compliance ... you know ... S C I E N C E

72aed64f5cb96c023d5339a879fba2d2.500x377x1.jpg

I'm not trying to defend Fauci; he was and is bad, and gave bad, unprofessional medical advice to everyone - especially early in the pandemic, when he could have made a difference.

My issue is just with people who give Trump a pass when he was his boss that whole time. And the whole absurd game of downplaying COVID in every way, shape or form domestically, while screaming about China. Either it is a big deal and we should've been doing everything we could to suppress the spread, or it was not, in which case who gives a fuck where it came from?

I'm not trying to defend Fauci; he was and is bad, and gave bad, unprofessional medical advice to everyone - especially early in the pandemic, when he could have made a difference.

I submit that Fauci didn't want to make a difference; he wanted to cover his ass. And profit from the vaccine.

My issue is just with people who give Trump a pass when he was his boss that whole time. And the whole absurd game of downplaying COVID in every way, shape or form domestically, while screaming about China. Either it is a big deal and we should've been doing everything we could to suppress the spread, or it was not, in which case who gives a fuck where it came from?

I submit that "suppressing" the spread of an engineered virus is impossible.

I submit that "suppressing" the spread of an engineered virus is impossible.

come on now, you're not an idiot. It's not magic, it still needs to spread from person to person, and we know it spreads through contaminated air.

Avoiding breathing an infectious dose of the virus from other people will completely keep you safe. Limiting the amount of exhaled virus by mandating N95-level masks from everyone probably would almost completely eliminate the spread, except in high risk, enclosed spaces, like hospital wards.

Suppressing the spread of a respiratory virus has only been impossible because we decided (or those who run our society decided) that "we" weren't going to do shit to stop this one. Unlike all the prior infectious diseases we stopped, through competent testing & tracing and quarantines, like earlier SARS ones from HK and China.

come on now, you're not an idiot. It's not magic, it still needs to spread from person to person, and we know it spreads through contaminated air.

Avoiding breathing an infectious dose of the virus from other people will completely keep you safe. Limiting the amount of exhaled virus by mandating N95-level masks from everyone probably would almost completely eliminate the spread, except in high risk, enclosed spaces, like hospital wards.

Suppressing the spread of a respiratory virus has only been impossible because we decided (or those who run our society decided) that "we" weren't going to do shit to stop this one. Unlike all the prior infectious diseases we stopped, through competent testing & tracing and quarantines, like earlier SARS ones from HK and China.

from what I remember, it was the WHO that was instrumental in limiting the damage from SARS back in the early 2000's

It was also the WHO that stated that COVID wasn't transmitted through the air, which may have been the biggest reason it spread almost at will.

I also remember that Trump was highly critical of the WHO. Of course, he is critical of almost everyone, besides himself.

Is that how we decimated our economy, destroyed families and small businesses, blew tens billions of dollars on fraud, set school aged kids back years in development, caused unnecessary deaths by denying necessary medical and mental health care, caused yet unknown medical harm and deaths rushing a virus to market and caused the biggest transfer of wealth to the elites (with your full support) in decades? All that is a result of us not doing shit to stop this virus? Imagine what might have happened if those who run our society actually decided to force us to do something...

Last edited:

1. Did I not spell "suppressing" correctly? Are you not aware of what the term means?
2. "Mandating" N95 masks must (for a virus this lethal) include, then, dailyqualitative (at the least, quantitive is preferred, but requires a fit-testing machine, even qualitative requires a plastic hood and some sort of agent like Bitrex or Saccharin) fit-testing with the change of every N-95 mask, the removal of all facial hair, since any mask is useless with facial hair. Otherwise, this is a fool's task. It is anyway.
3. Remove the selectivity of who can spread the virus without masks to include anyone who gathers in the streets to protest, including those who burn Federal buildings, and anyone, no matter how famous, to wear N95 at all times (because the virus can be spread in homes, too), no matter how exclusive the event, including all elected officials and "high-level" government bureaucrats.
4. N95 masks are in the range of $2.50/per. That's $1,000/year per person. Who's going to subvent this expense? Because the average profane person not named Bill Gates can't afford this.
5. How will people who don't contract the virus in some way develop the immunity that Fauci said would occur through "vaccination?" If the virus persists, it will eventually find everyone, even with basic respirators like N95.

1. Did I not spell "suppressing" correctly? Are you not aware of what the term means?
2. "Mandating" N95 masks must (for a virus this lethal) include, then, dailyqualitative (at the least, quantitive is preferred, but requires a fit-testing machine, even qualitative requires a plastic hood and some sort of agent like Bitrex or Saccharin) fit-testing with the change of every N-95 mask, the removal of all facial hair, since any mask is useless with facial hair. Otherwise, this is a fool's task. It is anyway.
3. Remove the selectivity of who can spread the virus without masks to include anyone who gathers in the streets to protest, including those who burn Federal buildings, and anyone, no matter how famous, to wear N95 at all times (because the virus can be spread in homes, too), no matter how exclusive the event, including all elected officials and "high-level" government bureaucrats.
4. N95 masks are in the range of $2.50/per. That's $1,000/year per person. Who's going to subvent this expense? Because the average profane person not named Bill Gates can't afford this.
5. How will people who don't contract the virus in some way develop the immunity that Fauci said would occur through "vaccination?" If the virus persists, it will eventually find everyone, even with basic respirators like N95.

N95 masks were also unavailable for a year+. Hospitals were sanitizing and reusing them for their staff because they couldn't get them. We had to get sanitized, used masks from a relative who is a doctor so we could board a flight in December '21. And even then they were pretty useless - we had to tie strings to rubber band straps when they broke because they were so worn out. N95 masks used to be really cheap - I could get a box of 10 for about $12 at Home Depot before the pandemic. I'd use them like Kleenex for demolition or when running my table or miter saw before hospitals were rationing them.

And to be fair, regarding your third point, the science at the time indicated that racism was a greater public health emergency than the Corona virus. The doctors and public health officials that made this claim weren't mocked by the media, blacklisted, de-platformed and shouted down like the one's who challenged the COVID narrative were. If that's not compelling science, what is?

Last edited:
Falling US life expectancy just means all the following things, which only appear to be inconsistent and contradictory if you are too stupid and dumb to be a Real American and smart:

1) The COVID vaccines killed people;
2) Biden is killing people; vote for whoever wins the GOP primary (and also, stare at this coin and listen to my voice: the COVID vaccines were a DEMONCRAT initiative, Trump had nothing to do with them)
3) Falling life expectancy data is false, and just not even true, promoted by people making money off the COVID panic; and
4) Other countries are lying to make us look bad and have worse data (but COVID is still not a big deal, and we should not have done anything to prepare for it).

That about cover it?

Falling US life expectancy just means all the following things, which only appear to be inconsistent and contradictory if you are too stupid and dumb to be a Real American and smart:

1) The COVID vaccines killed people;
2) Biden is killing people; vote for whoever wins the GOP primary (and also, stare at this coin and listen to my voice: the COVID vaccines were a DEMONCRAT initiative, Trump had nothing to do with them)
3) Falling life expectancy data is false, and just not even true, promoted by people making money off the COVID panic; and
4) Other countries are lying to make us look bad and have worse data (but COVID is still not a big deal, and we should not have done anything to prepare for it).

That about cover it?

You forgot to mention Dr. Fauci and his giant Jewish space "laser" on the moon.

Good strawman arguments.

We have vaccination rates on par with most of western Europe, higher than virtually all of eastern Europe, higher than the Middle East and Africa, etc, etc. We even have higher vaccination rates than higher than your model country for COVID response, Mongolia. Yet we seem to be the only country experiencing a decline in life expectancy. So it must be explained by a more serious national public health emergency, like racism or something like that.

Vaccination rates by country

Last edited:
You forgot to mention Dr. Fauci and his giant Jewish space "laser" on the moon.

I am not familiar with that one. Maybe they were promoting it when I took a break from this board earlier in the pandemic? this thread is too long to read through.

Jewish space laser? Nefarious leftist communists, all of them, with their subversive comedy routines, going back to the Three Stooges.

And Fauci is Italian... Wall off Manhattan, West Palm Beach, Hollywood, AND every "Little Italy" in America, and Macomb County.

But also, COVID is no big deal, and we shouldn't care or prepare for it, because it's just the flu. Do whatever Ron DeSantos did. And if that's basically nothing, then do that, but do it like a Republican.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good strawman arguments.

We have vaccination rates on par with most of western Europe, higher than virtually all of eastern Europe, higher than the Middle East and Africa, etc, etc. We even have higher vaccination rates than higher than your model country for COVID response, Mongolia. Yet we seem to be the only country experiencing a decline in life expectancy. So it must be explained by a more serious national public health emergency, like racism or something like that.

Vaccination rates by country

huh. but you told us vaccines were making our hearts explode. I wonder what it could be then?

Back