Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

So where?s the data?

EDIT: OIC, you posted it.

I don?t see anything about mask wearing versus non-mask wearing in the data.
Green line is the current projection + immediate jump to 95% mask usage. you may have to select it from the drop down menu.

Ellen DeGeneris has the Covid, if anybody cares.
Maybe because her wife doesn't eat crackers and hop on one leg correctly.
iu

I found a receipt for the masks, in late September at Lowe's I went and got some for my parents. I think that was a week or two after I had got some for myself and talked them into wanting some with the forecast showing it would get bad again

Late September, right in the middle of summer...

Late September, right in the middle of summer...
Wow. You got me man. Not sure how this changes anything, but you got me.

(Unless we go by voter fraud evidence rules where since we can't disprove they were available mid-summer, that's evidence they were available mid-summer.)

Wow. You got me man. Not sure how this changes anything, but you got me.

(Unless we go by voter fraud evidence rules where since we can't disprove they were available mid-summer, that's evidence they were available mid-summer.)

you're so sensitive. I know you can never be wrong, but maybe try not to take it too seriously - relax a li'l bit. Why not just say something like "my bad, I thought it was mid summer but it was actually well into the fall. Maybe since you had to get a used mask from a hospital 800 miles away because they also couldn't get new ones, they were still unavailable or at least not easy to get." Is that so hard? It's not for people who don't have a pathological need to never be wrong or to always find a reason to disagree.

Also, you and your team are the ones that are making the unproven claims that the election was legit and the also demonstrably wrong claims that there's no evidence of fraud. Keep trying though.

Last edited:
you're so sensitive. I know you can never be wrong, but maybe try not to take it too seriously - relax a li'l bit. Why not just say something like "my bad, I thought it was mid summer but it was actually well into the fall. Maybe since you had to get a used mask from a hospital 800 miles away because they also couldn't get new ones, they were still unavailable." Is that so hard? It's not for people who don't have a pathological need to never be wrong or to always find a reason to disagree.

Also, you and your team are the ones that are making the unproven claims that the election was legit and the also demonstrably wrong claims that there's no evidence of fraud. Keep trying though.

I don't know why you think that. I'm wrong often enough. Correcting my previous post was the point of that post.

I don't know why you think that. I'm wrong often enough. Correcting my previous post was the point of that post.

you're so sensitive. I know you can never be wrong, but maybe try not to take it too seriously - relax a li'l bit. Why not just say something like "my bad, I thought it was mid summer but it was actually well into the fall. Maybe since you had to get a used mask from a hospital 800 miles away because they also couldn't get new ones, they were still unavailable or at least not easy to get." Is that so hard? It's not for people who don't have a pathological need to never be wrong or to always find a reason to disagree.

Is it just me or did anyone else think Spartanmack was talking to himself until the last paragraph?

Projections now have 250k dying between now and April. Everyone wearing masks would save 67k.

How bout some projections for the number of people that will die resulting from the lockdowns as they become depressed and kill themselves, overdose on drugs or become victims of massive crime wave increases resulting from authoritarian tyrannical edicts?

What good will saving 67k do if there isn’t a world worth living in after all this insanity mad maxes the globe.

Nobody lives for ever, death is undefeated. Equally assured misery for all is what we all get as a result of this madness

Last edited:
How bout some projections for the number of people that will die resulting from the lockdowns as they become depressed and kill themselves, overdose on drugs or become victims of massive crime wave increases resulting from authoritarian tyrannical edicts?

What good will saving 67k do if there isn?t a world worth living in after all this insanity mad maxes the globe.

Nobody lives for ever, death is undefeated. Equally assured misery for all is what we all get as a result of this madness

lBAbhmA0Sa878_vv44mpgYtPAedDtHav88_-PergOnL7HHAT_zpP00ynksG1b2HJJJ3L8YPGmDJAgUDPC706jx_aSVzjL2iRyqTd5i2E3nl7yl_oxo6Mh_YqSFRzONiG.jpg

Model has been solid. This is the one where I posted the past predictions alongside what happened and showed that it's really good and a little conservative.

So early on it was too conservative, but I think since then, it's been pretty good.

What good will saving 67k do if there isn?t a world worth living in after all this insanity mad maxes the globe.

I don't think that number is 67k, but I don't think it's zero either. The the 67k is just the estimated impact of masks and I really don't think the masks are hurting many people. It will be difficult to estimate ballpark numbers of all the impacts, somebody will probably do a good job of it, but it won't change many mind about anything.

Late September

but it was actually well into the fall.

I have been having so much fun following the two of you go back and forth on this riveting academic discourse that I couldn?t resist joining the merriment.

There is no universe in which characterizing any point in ?late September? as being ?well into the fall? makes sense, especially when the event - I guess we are talking about the acquisition of some worthless masks ? may not have happened during the fall at all.

Let?s break this down a bit ? remember, ?30 days hath September.?

So ?late September? should be characterized as being any time just after midnight the early morning of September 16 - the beginning of the second half- and just before midnight the night of September 30.

So let?s look at some of the facts.

The fall began this year, 2020, on September 22, at 9:30 AM EDST. We have to look at the date of the equinox, September 22, as being both part of the summer, and also as part of the fall, because until 9:30 AM it was indeed summer, and after that it was fall - nine days of fall in September.

Adding 31 days of fall in October, 30 days of fall in November, and 21 days of fall in December (the 21st being a partial day; fall ends at 5:02 AM EST) gives us a total of 91 days of fall in 2020.

So had the event in question ? again I guess it was the purchase of some worthless masks - occurred after 9:30 AM on September 22 and before midnight on September 30, the event would have indeed happened in the fall, at some point between less than 1% of the way into fall and not quite 10% of the way into fall.

I don?t see how it is reasonable to characterize any point less than 1% of the way into something and not even as much as 10% of the way into that thing as being ?well into? that thing.

Now, let?s go back and examine the possibility that the event - again, I guess it was the purchase of some worthless masks ?in ?late September? occurred at a point in time between after midnight the morning of September 16 and just before 9:30 AM on September 22 - if that were the case, the event wouldn?t have happened in the fall at all ? it would have indeed happened during the summer.

It is in arguably erroneous to claim that an event that happened during the summer happened ?well into the fall.?

This was a lot of fun guys, keep it up.

This was a lot of fun guys, keep it up.

Son of a biscuit eater. Fine. The 2nd purchase, the one where the receipt in currently in my office trash can, was Sept 20. That means the first purchase was probably Sept 5th, 6th, 12th or 13th.

I didn't even notice how wrong I was about the date, I posted about it because I think I said it was Home Depot, but it was Lowes.

Back