Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

DeCorum

GoBlueInAtlanta

I hope the captains and coaches have a talk with Corum about how to show class in achievement. The "corn eating" move was Pee Wee-esque.

I hope the captains and coaches have a talk with Corum about how to show class in achievement. The "corn eating" move was Pee Wee-esque.

It was fine. Trash talking happens in sports. Not a big deal at all. I'd rather have players with personality and some bravado than a bunch of robots out there.

I didn't know what he was doing, but "eating corn" makes sense.

Yeah, it doesn't bother me that much... seemed more part of the great run, and spur of the moment.

Dax Hill's trash talking TO the Nebraska receiver after defending their last pass was a little worse in my opinion, but still not that bad. Like Don't rub it in on a deflated opponent (unless he had been jawing before that).

But I cut him some slack, because that play ended the game. emotions were running high

I didn't know what he was doing, but "eating corn" makes sense.

Yeah, it doesn't bother me that much... seemed more part of the great run, and spur of the moment.

Dax Hill's trash talking TO the Nebraska receiver after defending their last pass was a little worse in my opinion, but still not that bad. Like Don't rub it in on a deflated opponent (unless he had been jawing before that).

But I cut him some slack, because that play ended the game. emotions were running high

I cut him some slack because it was hilarious to hear the fans get all excited then hear the air leave the stadium when the ref said "Michigan ball" ????

Yeah, would have preferred Dax to extend a hand to help his opponent up at the end of a valiantly fought battle. Hopefully he will learn from it. He is not usually like that so I'm guessing there was a bunch of back and forth between them In-Game.

Corum eating an ear of corn is less an issue to me. It is along the lines of same attitude displayed during the Wisky Jump Around where they take the home team fans thing and make it their own. As long as when they play at OSU they don't drop their pants and buttfuck each other during the game I'm good with it, take the opponents fans energy and 'thing' it's all good. It's not like he used the cob to pretend jerk off, shove up his ass, or use as toilet paper like the good ol' days in Lincoln.

Yeah, would have preferred Dax to extend a hand to help his opponent up at the end of a valiantly fought battle. Hopefully he will learn from it. He is not usually like that so I'm guessing there was a bunch of back and forth between them In-Game.

Corum eating an ear of corn is less an issue to me. It is along the lines of same attitude displayed during the Wisky Jump Around where they take the home team fans thing and make it their own. As long as when they play at OSU they don't drop their pants and buttfuck each other during the game I'm good with it, take the opponents fans energy and 'thing' it's all good. It's not like he used the cob to pretend jerk off, shove up his ass, or use as toilet paper like the good ol' days in Lincoln.

I don?t get it ? what?s wrong with a young athlete eating corn? It?s a high energy food.

I hadn?t heard any of this. I tried to find something on the inter-webs and I found -this.

I don?t get why this is a thing.

Yep, that would have shown class.

Corum looked like a third grader.

How will we explain these travesties to our children?

Maybe the Nebraska player didn't want Hill to help him up. I know I used to hate when opposing players tried to help me up. Especially when you are pissed that you just lost.

Last edited:

You're not completely wrong, but he's still only what? 18? 19? let kids have some fun.

And taunting the opponent isn't really my style, although I've never been a great athlete, and when I play sports I'm usually "barely serviceable," so I kinda feel like it would backfire if I did it... but more athletic teammates of mine would taunt opponents and insist it was a valid strategy and basically "just part of the game."

It's not like Corum was taunting some punchless MAC school or opponent... they're Big Boys, and can take it.

You're not completely wrong, but he's still only what? 18? 19? let kids have some fun.

And taunting the opponent isn't really my style, although I've never been a great athlete, and when I play sports I'm usually "barely serviceable," so I kinda feel like it would backfire if I did it... but more athletic teammates of mine would taunt opponents and insist it was a valid strategy and basically "just part of the game."

It's not like Corum was taunting some punchless MAC school or opponent... they're Big Boys, and can take it.

It's about getting in their heads any way you can. Always looking for a bit of an edge.

Last edited:
It's about getting in their heads any way you can. Always looking for a bit of an edge.

From what I found on the interwebs, there seems to have been some?trash twittering??going on between the two teams leading up to the game.

Whatever.

Are refs going to start monitoring the twitverse before games, and imposing penalties for unsportsmanlike tweeting?

From what I found on the interwebs, there seems to have been some?trash twittering??going on between the two teams leading up to the game.

Whatever.

Are refs going to start monitoring the twitverse before games, and imposing penalties for unsportsmanlike tweeting?

Maybe they should?

Shitposting could be a 15 yard penalty.

Getting into the fans' heads??

Some people have class, the rest need to be taught.

I watched ONE game of Larry Fitzgerald at Pitt and knew this guy was special. I don't remember his stats, but I do remember that he carried himself with class and dignity.

"Act like you've been there before."

Last edited:
Getting into the fans' heads??

Some people have class, the rest need to be taught.

I watched ONE game of Larry Fitzgerald at Pitt and knew this guy was special. I don't remember his stats, but I do remember that he carried himself with class and dignity.

"Act like you've been there before."

No, not the fans and you know that. Nebraska players saw that.

Michael Jordan had been there before. Many, many times. Still talked tons of trash. Same goes for Larry Bird, Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, and on and on.

No, not the fans and you know that. Nebraska players saw that.

Michael Jordan had been there before. Many, many times. Still talked tons of trash. Same goes for Larry Bird, Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Jerry Rice, and on and on.
But they weren't trash-talking the other teams' fans.

He wasn't getting into the Nebraska players' heads. He was screwing around with the fans. Sorry you can't see the difference.

Last edited:
But they weren't trash-talking the other teams' fans.

He wasn't getting into the Nebraska players' heads. He was screwing around with the fans. Sorry you can't see the difference.

"corn eater" is a pretty mild - if not playful - insult to a fanbase called the cornhuskers. And I mean it came after a great play and run that took the air out of the stadium... so it wasn't out of place in my mind.

Re-watching it, you have to imagine Corum had the adrenaline pumping and emotions sky-high after he got in the endzone at full speed, almost completely untouched. hell... if anything I think he showed restraint in his celebration!

sooo I guess we'll all just have to agree to disagree on this.

Back