Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

DeCorum

I didn't say it was egregious. I said it was childish.

Wow, cool.

I saw neither the word ?egregious? nor ?childish? once in any single post.

But after the bye week and the game after the bye week going into the game after the game after the bye week - let?s see, what game is that? Ah yeah right, I almost forgot - the Spartans and Wolverines enter the second half of the season against one another undefeated in a game with legitimate national championship implications for both teams - but fuck it what some kids posted on Twitter or gestured during a game three games ago - Well we don?t still have to talk about that, we have to talk about what specific verbiage was posted to this board about it.

That makes sense.

Wow, cool.

I saw neither the word ?egregious? nor ?childish? once in any single post.

But after the bye week and the game after the bye week going into the game after the game after the bye week - let?s see, what game is that? Ah yeah right, I almost forgot - the Spartans and Wolverines enter the second half of the season against one another undefeated in a game with legitimate national championship implications for both teams - but fuck it what some kids posted on Twitter or gestured during a game three games ago - Well we don?t still have to talk about that, we have to talk about what specific verbiage was posted to this board about it.

That makes sense.
Let me help you out:

MC said, "it wasn't out of place in my mind" = I didn't say it was egregious.
I said, "He looked like a third grader." = He looked childish.
The fact that there was little to talk about BECAUSE of the bye week contributed to the continuance of the conversation.

Sorry I don't live up to your lofty expectations. Boy have you changed, tinsel.

Let me help you out:

The fact that there was little to talk about BECAUSE of the bye week contributed to the continuance of the conversation.

it's cause he listens to all that talk radio now. stuff rots your brain.

Let me help you out:

Oh, for the love of God.

Oh, for the love of God.

Tinsel is a Mod now? :cheers:

Who bumped their head? :nuts:

Sounds like all of that power is corrupting him GBIA. :nod:

Remember when football was football, before the wussification of 'Merica?
You didn't have to worry about hurting somebody's feelings.
You were expected to have a thick enough skin as to not implode emotionally when an opposing player shows excitement after making a big play, big hit, or scoring points. 'Celebration' was a good thing, not a penalty event.

Being shitty to the other team online was the norm, and you didn't have to worry about being banned from facebook or suffering real life repercussions at work, home, or in the community because you had the ability to leave an offensive website, or were emotionally capable enough to ignore a troll.

I remember all of us talking trash and beating down the trolls from other schools on the ESPN message boards. We even went to their home boards and trolled them most definitely without a shred of class. Spouting our stats, calling them names, telling them to die in hole or eat a bag of dicks.

Remember how much fun that shit was?

Dennis Franklin was accused of ?showboating? for holding the football high after this game-tying play vs. OSU in 1973.

was that the last time you guys were tied with OSU that late in a game? Sorry, couldn't resist. This is the one week of the season I'm not pulling for uofm.

was that the last time you guys were tied with OSU that late in a game? Sorry, couldn't resist. This is the one week of the season I'm not pulling for uofm.

2016. And I?ll consider 2013, too, since M went for two and the win and did not convert.

I guess if I was really offended by taunting and "juvenile" displays of emotion, I'd stop watching college & most professional sports altogether, and stick to golf, tennis, or badminton.

I am not offended when players celebrate in their own stadium or arena. It is appropriate for players to be celebrating with their fans. At away games, a more subdued celebration is acceptable. For example, scoring a rushing touchdown going into the endzone untouched and miming eating an ear of corn, or things of that nature, are acceptable and should offend no one. If that is offensive to you, then fuck off.

I am not offended when players celebrate in their own stadium or arena. It is appropriate for players to be celebrating with their fans. At away games, a more subdued celebration is acceptable. For example, scoring a rushing touchdown going into the endzone untouched and miming eating an ear of corn, or things of that nature, are acceptable and should offend no one. If that is offensive to you, then fuck off.

Why do people assume he was mine in eating corn? Why was he possibly not miming eating melon? One would hold both items of food in much the same way.

Why do people assume he was mine in eating corn? Why was he possibly not miming eating melon? One would hold both items of food in much the same way.

I would add the possibility of him eating out a female partner would NOT be one of those possible alternative scenarios due to the fact they were in Nebraska. If it had been a Florida or SoCal school then sure, I would say that is far more likely than an ear of corn.

doesn't everyone eat melon with a fork? I mean, everyone that eats melon, that is. As Marvin Hagler or Charles Barkley would say, "anything less would be uncivilized."

Wait wait wait, watch the replay in slow motion. He is clearly miming eating corn. Eating melon would be a more side to side movement rather than a turning or rolling movement with his hands. Watch the replay in slow motion and run it back and forth between frames 15 and 30. Clearly corn!

I would add the possibility of him eating out a female partner would NOT be one of those possible alternative scenarios due to the fact they were in Nebraska. If it had been a Florida or SoCal school then sure, I would say that is far more likely than an ear of corn.

I would imagine as much raw debauchery goes on in Lincoln as does in South Beach or Hollywood.

It?s just not considered must see TV.

Back