Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Denard in the offense...

Whats really funny is that in high school Devin ran a Spread Option and Denard ran a pro style offense.. Weird huh?

Let's remember that when Michigan had to throw-against ND--we did and did successfully. I'll worry about Denard when we lose.

I'll give you that geezer. I think we all realize, however, that how you play when its not needed often reflects how you play when you actually need it.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Whats really funny is that in high school Devin ran a Spread Option and Denard ran a pro style offense.. Weird huh?

your point? Devin is better equipped to run a pro style offense. Bigger, stronger, better arm, and still a very fast QB. I was all for Denard in a pro style offense, but just looking at him out there, he's not suited for this offense.

Please take off your "OMFG HE JUST BROKE THAT GUY"S ANKLE" blinders. He can't pass the ball unless it's to the sideline or a lob that our receivers have to fight through to get. The coaches have adapted their offense to fit his style and it's holding this team back. He could always improve, but until that time, he's a liability. But, please, I hope to God I'm wrong and we kick the shit out of sparty, nebraska, and Osu. If I'm wrong and Denard somehow manages to win one, two, or all three of those, PLEASE feed me crow. I'd gladly take a serving or two.

Maybe Devin's looked like shit in practice...i'll grant you that..but i don't know that. I haven't heard anything about that. All I know is Devin would probably make some mistakes, but at least the defense would have to respect his ability to throw the ball.

mgeezer said:
Let's remember that when Michigan had to throw-against ND--we did and did successfully. I'll worry about Denard when we lose.

we passed successfully? I wouldn't call a few underthrown lobs that our receivers had to fight for a successful pass. I'd call it a hell of a catch that we were lucky the DBs weren't smarter and turned around and took them to the house.

or are you talking about the wide open pass (no one within 20 yards) to gallon that set up the game winning catch?

He's talking about that interception on the screen pass. (OK - had to toss that in there)

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]My point is its funny.. You've gotten defensive at you're old age..

As I said...I"ll gladly eat crow if denard ever actually becomes a QB.

Welp. In the meantime you can't do shit about it.. That goes for the rest of you bastards. Sit back and enjoy being 4-0. Minnesota lost to a D2 school today and Northwestern lost to Army last week. 6-0 is very very very possible going into EL. We're going to win at least 8 games this year. Why is everyone bitching?

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Welp. In the meantime you can't do shit about it.. That goes for the rest of you bastards. Sit back and enjoy being 4-0. Minnesota lost to a D2 school today and Northwestern lost to Army last week. 6-0 is very very very possible going into EL. We're going to win at least 8 games this year. Why is everyone bitching?

.....true. but, weren't we undefeated the last 2 years when we played sparty? we need to turn this shit around. i'm sick of losing to those boogers.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Maize&Cheese304":n2s3vxr8]i think the fear of denard transferring might play a part.

i think the fear of getting torn to shreds by the media (national and local) also have something to do with it. It would have been a huge distraction and like you said, the question about denard transferring would kill this team's chances at winning anything. [/quote:n2s3vxr8]

and could you imagine the pressure devin would have if he started?

we arent bitching about the team. we are bitching about denards arm.

we have seen this start before, its about being able to compete agaisnt the top teams again. and i dont know if we can with denard passing the way he has.

Dannydiggler - agreed. 4-0 is good. But as monster has said, the past has shown in Big Ten play its suffered. The D looks better. I think we all got a little spoiled with the fact that for 15+ years, any Michigan QB that started a game for Michigan, also started a game for an NFL team. We aren't used to seeing a QB miss his mark so much. Ever since Mo opened up the offense in the early 1990s, the Michigan passing game was quite accurate with a pocket passer, and we got used to that.

In week 4... A stable defense and we make that a nail biter.

I like the chances against them this year. Defensively and how weak their O line is and Offensively Denard vs the new Linebackers.

Confident wins

Minnesota
Northwestern
Purdue
Illinois

Could go either way:

Sparty
Iowa
Ohio

Not as confident but still a possibility:
Nebraska

Michigan will prevail.

In case any of you haven't noticed.. The big ten is down and struggling. The only team that is scary isn't on the schedule this year. We have a chance in every Big 10 game unlike the years past.

i hope youre right.

i still say if devin isnt a better passer than denard next year, hes a bust.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]In week 4... A stable defense and we make that a nail biter.

I like the chances against them this year. Defensively and how weak their O line is and Offensively Denard vs the new Linebackers.

Confident wins

Minnesota
Northwestern
Purdue
Illinois

Could go either way:

Sparty
Iowa
Ohio

Not as confident but still a possibility:
Nebraska

Michigan will prevail.

i'm not confident in beating illinois at all this year. But I do agree that they are beatable, as are Iowa, NW, Purdue, and Minnesota.

Illinois is a ringer.. Did you see the score of the game today? They beat ASU at home.. Whoopty doo Basil.. I'm very confident..

Back