Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Divisional Round Playoffs

biggunsbob

Preview, predictions, stuff. Who do you have and who and what are you betting. Who do you like and hate. Throw any interesting facts you can find.

Saturday
NFC. #6 Minnesota at #1 San Francisco 4:35 pm. NBC
AFC. #6 Tennessee at #1 Baltimore 8:15 pm. CBS

Sunday
AFC #4 Houston at #2 Kansas City 3:05 pm CBS.
NFC #5 Seattle at #2 Green Bay 6:40 pm FOX.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...tchups-tv-schedule/1niouagz4f81h1qv8wq4j0t9iy

Last edited:
Last years final Eight teams. Only Kansas City from last season made the final 8 this year. I guess the NFL gets the parity it wants. So maybe there is some Lions hope !

Patriots
Rams
Chiefs
Saints
Chargers
Eagles
Cowboys
Colts.
============
This years final Eight
San Francisco
Green Bay
Kansas City
Baltimore
Tennessee
Houston
Minnesota
Seattle

Last edited:
SF beats Minnesota by 7+. I hate both of these teams.

Baltimore crushes Tennessee by 10 or more. I think I am rooting for the Ravens.

Kansas City by 10+ over Houston. Rooting for KC I wouldn?t mind Andy Reid winning a super bowl.

Seattle and Green Bay is a toss up for me not sure. I can?t stand Green Bay and the Packers just a tad under my Vikings hate. I hope Seattle smokes Green Bay as I do like Russell Wilson a lot. But Green Bay is at home. Probably a ot game maybe.

Last edited:
I like most of these teams. I don't care for Watson too much, so I guess I Houston is my least favorite team.

Looks like I was right on SF and way off on Baltimore. I guess three weeks off was to much for them. They look awful tonight so far.

Just don?t really care who wins this game. Glad Minnesota lost. Now I?d like to see Green Bay lose. Guess I am rooting for a Seattle At San Francisco rematch. In the AFC I would like to see KC make the super bowl.

Last edited:
Damn Tennessee is crushing Baltimore. Must have been another turnover as I was in the other room. What a gag job by the Ravens who thought they could just show up lol.

Last edited:
First time Baltimore was the number 1 seed and they were just awful tonight. Well Houston or Kansas City will get a home game.

They played at arrowhead earlier this year with Houston winning 31-24.

The Lions are just the SOL.

Freaking Hot Tennessee is 11-7 and headed to the AFC title game.

2002 last time Tennessee Titans were in the conference title game.

Tannehill only 7-14 for 88 yard. Oh King Henry!

Since 1970 post season the Leagues leading rusher has meet the team that Lead the league in rushing 4 times and the #1 rusher is 4-0.

2019 Henry over Ravens. Divisional.
2018 Elliot over Seahawks. Wildcard.
1993 Smith over Buffalo . Super bowl XXVll.
1978 Campbell over Patriots. Divisional.

seeing teams like the Tennessee freaking Titans make an AFC championship game should just piss off the Fords. But it doesn’t and won’t, nothing changes and the beat goes on where a 7-9 season is likely good enough for this regime because they would be “in the playoff hunt.” It’s as if the goal is to see their logo on the stupid ass graphics from weeks 13-17 with every other NFC team not named the Redskins, Giants, Cardinals, etc.

seeing teams like the Tennessee freaking Titans make an AFC championship game should just piss off the Fords. But it doesn?t and won?t, nothing changes and the beat goes on where a 7-9 season is likely good enough for this regime because they would be ?in the playoff hunt.? It?s as if the goal is to see their logo on the stupid ass graphics from weeks 13-17 with every other NFC team not named the Redskins, Giants, Cardinals, etc.

TN has a stud RB, a good defense and a coach & GM that weren't afraid to move on from their #1 QB.

The Lions have none of those things.

seeing teams like the Tennessee freaking Titans make an AFC championship game should just piss off the Fords. But it doesn?t and won?t, nothing changes and the beat goes on where a 7-9 season is likely good enough for this regime because they would be ?in the playoff hunt.? It?s as if the goal is to see their logo on the stupid ass graphics from weeks 13-17 with every other NFC team not named the Redskins, Giants, Cardinals, etc.

What do you mean 'teams like the Tennessee freaking Titans'? That franchise, even when they were the Houston Oilers, were usually superior.

I just don’t see why the Lions are that far away. It makes no sense Tennehill is garbage and yet one great td catch yesterday (which would have been ruled incompleteif a Lions receiver had caught it) it is frustrating watching Tennessee make the afc title game for the 2nd time since Detroit has been in one. Idk if moving on from a Stafford is the answer but if Patrica does not win some playoff games this year he better get canned along with Quinn. And we appear a long way from winning playoff games sadly. Tennessee gets Vrabel, and sadly we get Patrica. I should have knows better after his defense was torched by Philadelphia in the Super Bowl.

I do like the montra Jackson has though. I'm going to be using that myself

Nobody Cares!, work harder. I like that, the Lions should adopt that.

Last edited:
What do you mean 'teams like the Tennessee freaking Titans'? That franchise, even when they were the Houston Oilers, were usually superior.

I?m not old enough to remember the Warren Moon Oilers years. Aside from a few years with McNair/George (yes they made a SB and another AFC title game) it seems they?ve been completely irrelevant for most of the 20 years I?ve watched football. Never a really serious threat, never discussed, always a 6-10 to 9-7 team. But maybe I?ve viewed them incorrectly compared to reality.

Houston was up 24-0. In a three minute stretch it is now 24-21.

Back