Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Thread 2020

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/18/lions-sign-6th-round-draft-pick-john-penisini/
Lions sign 6th-round draft pick John Penisini.
LionsWire

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2020/05/18/detroit-lions-john-penisini/5217738002/
Detroit Lions agree to terms with DT John Penisini, a sixth-round pick from Utah.
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/05...lions-draft-pick-to-agree-to-rookie-deal.html
DL John Penisini is latest Detroit Lions draft pick to agree to rookie deal.
Freep

Last edited:

29th...GB who picked a back up QB in rd 1 had a better offseason grade than us lol. I tend to agree. I dont really like a thing we did. I wanted full out defensive help and i think we took a bragain approach while having one of the highest remaining cap spaces in the league. Made no sense to me. The people we did get here we still ended up over paying for lol....like some crappy lineman that was the worst in pass protection any time he got reps...still got $10 mil a year!!!

Full off season and we have zero front 7. nothing. Double Trey Flowers....poof you have no rush and our new secondary is going to get torched.

29th...GB who picked a back up QB in rd 1 had a better offseason grade than us lol. I tend to agree. I dont really like a thing we did. I wanted full out defensive help and i think we took a bragain approach while having one of the highest remaining cap spaces in the league. Made no sense to me. The people we did get here we still ended up over paying for lol....like some crappy lineman that was the worst in pass protection any time he got reps...still got $10 mil a year!!!

Full off season and we have zero front 7. nothing. Double Trey Flowers....poof you have no rush and our new secondary is going to get torched.

Harmon and Collins were huge huge addition. Idiots keep underrating them. Hand back is not taken into account as a top 10 graded DT

Lions had a great draft. Trufant is a steal at that price. Big V wasn't overpaid. He got starter money and it wasn't 10 per. Collins is worth 10 per he is pass rush, coverage and run D all in one. Williams and Shelton not expensive at all but provide solid upgrades. Overspending doesn't equal success. Lions made smart FA moves and had a great draft.

Every hole was filled. Pass rush check (with health and new additions), LB upgrades big check, secondary upgrades big check, Oline run blocking big check, RB insurance huge check, better backup QB check, better WR weapon depth check, some nice late fliers at DT, returner/4th RB too.

This was an A+++ but the problem is most writers national and some beat writes don't understand the team.

We're holeless again. Let's have some normal health for a change

Back