Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Thread 2020

mhughes0021

Bored watching this game vs these 2 shitty teams. So im doing it. Draft thread 2020! Will give us something to talk about the rest of this year since none of our players are worth wasting time on. Ive seen projections anywhere from 10-15 in most mocks. If Stafford is out any extended time that could put us in the top 10 pretty handedly since our pass game was the only thing about this team that was worth a shit...NOT ANYMORE! Being in the top 10 could put us in an interesting position to take a highly rated QB. Top of this draft is WR, QB and OT heavy.

If we finish strong and pick top 10-15 im taking Yetur Gross - Matos, DE Penn State
If we suck and finish top 8-10 im taking Grant Delpit S

Quins pick in the top 10 will be CeeDee Lamb since he continually neglects to fix this defense.

Given the deficiencies on both sides of the ball (Specifically without Stafford), we may not win another game if Stafford doesn't return (and given the state of the team, why bring him back to get reinjured). I don't think top 5 is out of the question. I don't know if we go qb there, though, because then we start a long term rebuild (of which neither out gm or coach will survive).

Given the deficiencies on both sides of the ball (Specifically without Stafford), we may not win another game if Stafford doesn't return (and given the state of the team, why bring him back to get reinjured). I don't think top 5 is out of the question. I don't know if we go qb there, though, because then we start a long term rebuild (of which neither out gm or coach will survive).

top 5 would be tough...if we get 3 then you obviously go Chase Young. 4 or 5 youre probably looking at CB from OSU or Jeudy.

Lose them all if stafford cant go next week

Will Harris is garbage. Add safety to a need
Cb2
Another pass rush
Two lbs which they wont change becausr they love davis and resigned jones

Lt. Fuck decker
Rt fuck wagner
Two guards. Glasgow fa, fuck dahl
Rb. Kerryon injury prone
Slot wr unless amendola wants back in this mess
Te. Cut Jessie James and Logan Thomas a fa

Pay Golladay

Last edited:
Lose them all if stafford cant go next week

Will Harris is garbage. Add safety to a need
Cb2
Another pass rush
Two lbs which they wont change becausr they love davis and resigned jones

Lt. Fuck decker
Rt fuck wagner
Two guards. Glasgow fa, fuck dahl
Rb. Kerryon injury prone
Slot wr unless amendola wants back in this mess
Te. Cut Jessie James and Logan Thomas a fa

Pay Golladay

finally coming around...im proud of you LKP. It took 10 years...but youre finally comming around.

finally coming around...im proud of you LKP. It took 10 years...but youre finally comming around.

Defense inexcusable..Stafford gets no help and balls out. Look what happens without him. Could have won this game with stafford and defense like they had in first half

Broken back is perfect injury. He carries this team to give them playoff chance

Broken back is perfect injury. He carries this team to give them playoff chance

This might be the best thing you have said.

I think if the Lions get a chance they will draft one of the top QBs. It gives Quinn a perfect excuse on not winning right away. I think all of his decision are to get him to stay in the job as long as possible.

The hardest part is just how many really terrible teams there are this year. There may be 10 teams that end with 3 or 4 wins at the end, and that tie will actually hurt us in draft position.

Landing Young would obviously be the dream scenario, and I would honestly consider trading up for him if we were close enough that it wouldn't cost more than one first rounder.

I think if the Lions get a chance they will draft one of the top QBs. It gives Quinn a perfect excuse on not winning right away. I think all of his decision are to get him to stay in the job as long as possible.

Which is literally the worst position to be in for a fanbase. When the GM cares only for his job the next year, it almost always leads to really stupid, short sighted moves.

Maybe.....but maybe not. There is talent on the roster.....but Detroit would need a perfect off season to really be a contender next year.

A stud DE
A stud O
A deep threat WR
Good RB
Hit on all 4 of your first 4 picks.

And then they?d need good health in 2020.

Then MAYBE.......

However, this is the 1st off season they could realistically trade Stafford......who is having a year that would get you a big return.

Chicago?
Buffalo?
Washington?
Tampa?
Oakland? They have the picks and Gruden Loooooooooooves him some Stafford.

Hasn't Quinn been here long enough? A new QB gets him an extension?

Lions should have drafted a QB 2-3 seasons ago. It's always good to have a solid #2.

Maybe.....but maybe not. There is talent on the roster.....but Detroit would need a perfect off season to really be a contender next year.

A stud DE
A stud O
A deep threat WR
Good RB

Then MAYBE.......

That's a lot of luck to make them a contender. With Quinn's not so good drafting and overspending for overrated players I don't trust any of that to happen. I am sick of there Quinn experiment.

To your other post, I think the Cowboys are going to trade for Stafford if we put him on the trading block. Prescott already turned down way more money than he is worth do they will let him go.

I also think Slay is gone in the off-season because they can't control him and would rather not deal with him. They are trying to mimick the Patriot way that's why the canned Diggs even though Harris sucks.

A stud DE
A stud O
A deep threat WR
Good RB

Then MAYBE.......

Stud DE
Yetur Gross - Matos rd 1. Rd 1 is the only rd to get DEs that are worth a shit.

Good RB
JK Dobbins rd 2....when else would we take a RB? how many rd 2 picks have we wasted in the past 10 years on RB?! Lets try it a 4th time!!! why not...

Deep Threat
WR KJ Hamler rd 3. small ...but makes plays all over the field and is lightning quick.

we win the draft for going all big ten and drafting the most players with the stupidest names.

Hasn't Quinn been here long enough? A new QB gets him an extension?

Lions should have drafted a QB 2-3 seasons ago. It's always good to have a solid #2.

He has been here long enough but I am sure Martha doesn't see it that way. His first two years he stuck it out with Caldwell and then canned him because he said he couldn't get over the hump. Then he brings in his guy and gets an extension. Now that his guy isn't working out to get an extension or to stay his full contract he will draft a QB and say he needs time to develop. Quinn has been a fraud the whole time he has been worse than Mayhew.

He has been here long enough but I am sure Martha doesn't see it that way. His first two years he stuck it out with Caldwell and then canned him because he said he couldn't get over the hump. Then he brings in his guy and gets an extension. Now that his guy isn't working out to get an extension or to stay his full contract he will draft a QB and say he needs time to develop. Quinn has been a fraud the whole time he has been worse than Mayhew.

But has he been worse than Millen?

Cleveland, Atlanta, Jets, and Miami all win - no guarantees, but at least starting to open the door for Detroit to move up in the draft.

Back