Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Thread 2020

Cards get Simmons gawd it’s hard to believe the lions past up all that defensive versatility.

I’m just disgusted

So if he ?just? ends up as Stephon Gilmore he?s a bust?

Brilliant

If they would have kept Slay, I would not have hated this pick as much.

You just traded a great CB for a rookie CB and switched them. There was so much more value in CBs later on in this draft.

There's a reason CBs (and TEs) rarely get drafted this high; they don't have the impact of most other positions on a football team. If it had to be defense, Simmons was the much better pick here, because the linebacking core is complete garbage. I wanted Tua because he has the chance to be a generational talent and this organization is fucking lifeless.

If they would have kept Slay, I would not have hated this pick as much.

You just traded a great CB for a rookie CB and switched them. There was so much more value in CBs later on in this draft.

There's a reason CBs (and TEs) rarely get drafted this high; they don't have the impact of most other positions on a football team. If it had to be defense, Simmons was the much better pick here, because the linebacking core is complete garbage. I wanted Tua because he has the chance to be a generational talent and this organization is fucking lifeless.

Something has to change...you cant keep paying Stafford $$$ and the team be somewhere between terrible and mediocre every year. Tua was the right move if you ever wanted to dig yourself out of this hole.

Cards get Simmons gawd it?s hard to believe the lions past up all that defensive versatility.

I?m just disgusted

The Lions probably wouldn't have known what to do with him. They have less of a chance of screwing up Okudah.

You guys will be happy when D Adams is held to 4 catches 50yrds 0 TDs!

Something has to change...you cant keep paying Stafford $$$ and the team be somewhere between terrible and mediocre every year. Tua was the right move if you ever wanted to dig yourself out of this hole.

I have been apathetic towards this franchise for going on 5-10 years now. But there was usually someone exciting to root for that brought SOME buzz.

This could be the most boring, lifeless Lions team I have seen in a long time, with a head coach and GM that have absolutely no clue what they are doing.

At this point, go ahead and tank for Lawrence. That's the next best thing they can do, because this roster, as constructed, is not winning more than 4-5 games.

Last edited:
So if he ?just? ends up as Stephon Gilmore he?s a bust?

Brilliant

Gilmore is the best corner in the league and is probably going to be a HOFer so that better be about his floor or I won?t be happy with this pick at 3. If you take him even at 5 but you?re also getting another player in an additional pick out of it, then I?m honestly ok with this. It?s the fact they took a corner at 3 when there had to be trade offers of some form on the table (I don?t believe there wasn?t any). And again, if there weren?t, then take Tua or Herbert and dangle it in front of the Dolphins or Chargers noses, there is no way neither would bite.

2 corners in the top 9. He got hands down the best one and some of you are whining...

You have Tua sit for a year and take over in 2021. Tradeable asset in Stafford if he plays well in 2020, cut him if he doesnt and have cap space.

Dolphins would be ecstatic if Tua turns out the QB Stafford is today.

I have been apathetic towards this franchise for going on 5-10 years now. But there was usually someone exciting to root for that brought SOME buzz.

This could be the most boring, lifeless Lions team I have seen in a long time, with a head coach and GM that have absolutely no clue what they are doing.

At this point, go ahead and tank for Lawrence. That's the next best thing they can do, because this roster, as constructed, is not winning more than 4-5 games.

Ya we will truly be one of the worst defenses in the league.

Gilmore is the best corner in the league and is probably going to be a HOFer so that better be about his floor or I won?t be happy with this pick at 3. If you take him even at 5 but you?re also getting another player in an additional pick out of it, then I?m honestly ok with this. It?s the fact they took a corner at 3 when there had to be trade offers of some form on the table (I don?t believe there wasn?t any). And again, if there weren?t, then take Tua or Herbert and dangle it in front of the Dolphins or Chargers noses, there is no way neither would bite.

I read that Miami was not giving up the 5th pick. Don't know if the Chargers were interested in Tua. No one was trading up for Hebert. Lions had no leverage. I don't like Quinn but he made the best of a bad situation with this pick.

Does anyone else also think the front office did no favors in promoting their own value of the 3rd pick? You’ve had front office people come out and kiss staffords ass once or twice the past couple months. Even if you do feel he is unquestionably your guy, why say anything and thus undercut yourself?

I read that Miami was not giving up the 5th pick. Don't know if the Chargers were interested in Tua. No one was trading up for Hebert. Lions had no leverage. I don't like Quinn but he made the best of a bad situation with this pick.

Tua is a pretty big risk at this point. No team was able to put him through the normal evaluations coming off that injury. If he's healthy, he's a phenominal talent... but there's no way to know he's healthy.

Does anyone else also think the front office did no favors in promoting their own value of the 3rd pick? You?ve had front office people come out and kiss staffords ass once or twice the past couple months. Even if you do feel he is unquestionably your guy, why say anything and thus undercut yourself?

Of course. I have a hard time believing that Quinn couldn't move if he put the screws to Miami. This organization is absolutely on their knees for Stafford; they get scared if they even hurt his feelings.

When the trade rumors came up, he basically apologized to the dude and squashed everything. How about, you don't say shit? Say we will play the best players at every position. Make the teams behind you worry that you could draft Tua or Herbert and make them get the damn player.

I think that Okudah is going to be a great CB. I think he's going to be better than Trufant on day one.

Here? As a Lions? Also Trufant was a 22 pick not 3. The good thing is it didn't help the 2020 team so let the firing's begin.

Their ONLY interest in #3 was to package with #5 to trade up with Cincinnati. Once the Bengals said no there was absolutely NO REASON to trade with Detroit.....Tua was gonna be there.

Back