Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Thread 2020

I like going back to back with guards at that point. Might need 1 to start soon and 2 bullets is better than 1. I'd be good going dline the rest of the way for the same reason. Well plus a punter somewhere.

Also, what about Jake Fromm for backup with upside? Same college as Stafford. Might be a nice situation

I like going back to back with guards at that point. Might need 1 to start soon and 2 bullets is better than 1. I'd be good going dline the rest of the way for the same reason. Well plus a punter somewhere.

They both might start

Also, what about Jake Fromm for backup with upside? Same college as Stafford. Might be a nice situation

We already have Daniel and Blough as back ups. No need in wasting a pick on a practice squad player. Pick up any QB prospects as UDFA.

Not a terrible pick but why go back to back at OG??? Pass rush needs a lot of attention. Okwara isn't a great pass rusher. I am a Notre Dame fan and watched their games. He is slow off the snap and doesn't put a lot of pressure on the QB. I watched him a lot because his brother is a Lion. BQ must not have watched our pass rush this past season.

Agreed our lb group is brutal. We're not getting to the qb.... ever.

Can't wait for pick #235 to pick a K.

Last edited:
I don't like overloading one position in the draft. We already have Dahl, Wiggins and Benzschawel. I'm alright with either selection but not both when we have no pass rush.

Pass rush is improved with
Hand
Williams
Okwara
Collins

You guys are nuts to think otherwise

New dc as well

Flower, Okwara, Okwara, Hand is not a bad combo to provide pass rush. I'm worried about our big fatties in the middle. And I'm hoping the Lions know something about where they plan to spend 29 million, because this draft is making me think Danny Shelton might be a starter for us

Hand
Williams
Okwara
Collins

New dc as well

Bro, you hype every player up like he's something special. Every single year, i know what shit they are and I read your insane optimism on here and get my hopes up. Fuck you for that haha. Just playing. Nice to see optimism.

Be pretty hard to have a worse pass rush than last year. so improved could still put us in the bottom third of teams.

Lions had a 1/2 more sacks a game than Shaquil Barrett.

Last edited:
Hand
Williams
Okwara
Collins

New dc as well

Hand has been as oft-injured as KJ, maybe the Lions should have drafted his alternate as well.

Not sure of it's funny or not but the Live draft I was looking at on NBC Sports our 4th round pick is the only one in the entire draft that didn't have a link to Roto World player news. No link anywhere. I find it funny I guess.

Last edited:
Not sure of it's funny or not but the Live draft I was looking at on NBC Sports our 4th round pick is the only one in the entire draft that didn't have a link to Roto World player news. No link anywhere. I find it funny I guess.

I noticed that too...Lions get the Rodney Dangerfield treatment yet again.:nod:

We have a need at punter, so we probably won't draft a kicker. Probably a RB.

PK s/b designated for placekicker, and K for punter...never understood why the placekicker gets both.

Last edited:
Bro, you hype every player up like he's something special. Every single year, i know what shit they are and I read your insane optimism on here and get my hopes up. Fuck you for that haha. Just playing. Nice to see optimism.

I’d rather be optimistic than have the Lions be my “favorite” team and then proceed to be pissed about everything they do.

It’s like getting married and then complaining about every single thing your wife does.....call her ugly....verbally beat the shit out of her. Then, get in bed, say I love you, and do it all over again the next day.

Shit don’t make sense.

Last edited:
I always thought K for kicker and P for Punter. They make it so complicated.

Flower, Okwara, Okwara, Hand is not a bad combo to provide pass rush. I'm worried about our big fatties in the middle. And I'm hoping the Lions know something about where they plan to spend 29 million, because this draft is making me think Danny Shelton might be a starter for us

I?m hoping they throw a shit ton of $$ at Clowney on a one year deal. Instantly improves the pass rush and there would be no long term cap implications. Some good pass rushers should hit the market next year.

I?d rather be optimistic than have the Lions be my ?favorite? team and then proceed to be pissed about everything they do.

It?s like getting married and then complaining about every single thing your wife does.....call her ugly....verbally beat the shit out of her. Then, get in bed, say I love you, and do it all over again the next day.

Shit don?t make sense.

Maybe another 15 years will do it for ya. I was positive all the time until I hit 50. Eventually you get to the point you rather do anything else. Honestly I don't talk about the Lions outside this forum. So this is my release.

Back