Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Trade Idea

lol....and the last 2 years Ive been DEAD wrong.

in all seriousness...I think he moves up and gets Watkins

I hope not. This team has to many holes to be losing draft picks. There are plenty of good receivers in this draft.

I hope not. This team has to many holes to be losing draft picks. There are plenty of good receivers in this draft.

if it only costs us the 2nd and 4th its a no brainer to do...Watkins isn't just "good" he is considered "elite prospect".

got the 2 comp picks in the 4th so in reality we are only losing the 2nd.

if it only costs us the 2nd and 4th its a no brainer to do...Watkins isn't just "good" he is considered "elite prospect".

I respectfully disagree. Granted, he is the best WR in the draft, 1st year WR's usually are not very productive. We have no depth or dynamic players in the secondary. We have to solidify that. I don't see that happening in the 4th round.

I get the appeal but at the end of the day we need to stop opposing QB's from having big games.

They probably will trade up though.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree. Granted, he is the best WR in the draft, 1st year WR's usually are not very productive. We have no depth or dynamic players in the secondary. We have to solidify that. I don't see that happening in the 4th round.

I get the appeal but at the end of the day we need to stop opposing QB's from having big games.

They probably will trade up though.

they were 12th in the NFL in comp % against a tenth of a point behind the vaunted Seahawks....and middle of the pack in yards against per game....now granted they were in the lower third in yards per attempt against and did give up the long ball to much....but no hopalong Delmas back there is gonna help and they do need Houston to man up and finally play up to his pay grade.

Some people have put him the same category as Calvin as far as elite WR prospects go...

id rather trade my 3rd and 4th to move back into the 2nd for Donte Moncrief. Use the 1 and 2 to fix the porous defense.

id rather trade my 3rd and 4th to move back into the 2nd for Donte Moncrief. Use the 1 and 2 to fix the porous defense.

keep banging the drum on how horrid the defense was....but the stats don't support it...you act like they were the worst in the NFL....they were actually middle of the pack in a lot of D stats.

total Defense 16th....vs the run 6th vs the pass 23rd but 12 in QB comp % against a tenth of a point behind the Seahawks...the Lions got killed on the long ball to much , but a gimpy Delmas and I admit Houston needs to improve in that also.

Stafford and the offfene are more to blame then the D....they turned the ball over last year like a fucking ATM and led the NFL in drops...and at some pretty bad times during games also.

Last edited:
keep banging the drum on how horrid the defense was....but the stats don't support it...you act like they were the worst in the NFL....they were actually middle of the pack in a lot of D stats.

total Defense 16th....vs the run 6th vs the pass 23rd but 12 in QB comp % against a tenth of a point behind the Seahawks...the Lions got killed on the long ball to much , but a gimpy Delmas and I admit Houston needs to improve in that also.

Stafford and the offfene are more to blame then the D....they turned the ball over last year like a fucking ATM and led the NFL in drops...and at some pretty bad times during games also.

I think if you want to be a championship caliber team you have to have a top defense. I don't think the completion percentage is the key to the defense but the yards per attempt. Seattle has a great defense because when the offensive player catches the ball they swarm to him and make the tackle. Look at yards per attempt. Seattle was 1st with 5.8 and the Lions were 20th at 7.3. That has something to do with the big plays but my guess is the Lion's D for YAC was pretty bad. The defense needs to get to the QB more often and create turnovers.

As far as the offense...the turnovers were the main reason for their lack of success. Stafford is the key...he has to play better and smarter. Until then....the Lions are going to be just another average team.

Our defense is predicated on our pressure as you pointed out. Anyone that thinks jason Jones being back is going to improve that is nuts....hes not a sack guy....never has been. You get gilbert and Kareem Martin and this defense gets a major facelift.

As far as defense stats go....I just remember being bottom 5 in pass defense throughout the entire year until the last couple weeks.

Last edited:
i still think if gilbert isn't there they should trade down and get more picks. preferably either with Pitt or Philly

I could see teams looking to trade up to two to grab Clowney assuming the Texans grab a QB.

I could see teams looking to trade up to two to grab Clowney assuming the Texans grab a QB.

I agree. The Rams are in a great spot. They can take the top OT in the draft, take Watkins, or trade back and accumulate even more picks in a deep draft.

:hitter: a deep draft and why doesn't detroit trade down???? :cheers:

:hitter: a deep draft and why doesn't detroit trade down???? :cheers:

It's not a matter of wanting to trade down, it's a matter of finding someone willing to give up picks to move to #10.

If what most people say is true and there are really only 5 elite players in this draft, none may be worth giving up picks when #10 rolls around.

Last edited:
It's not a matter of wanting to trade down, it's a matter of finding someone willing to give up picks to move to #10.

If what most people say is true and there are really only 5 elite players in this draft, none may be worth giving up picks when #10 rolls around.

the only player I can see people trading up to 10 for is to grab the last of the LTs....more than likely Matthews or Lewan. Mayyyyybe Evans if a team loves him but hes been mocked top 10 a lot lately. Mack falling is doubtful although teams might be concerned about where to play him.

What about Bridgewater ..? What if he falls to ten, if he hasn't already, would someone trade up for him..?

Last edited:
What about Bridgewater ..? What if he falls to ten, if he hasn't already, would someone trade up for him..?

i think good GMs will realize all 3 of those qbs probably don't belong in the top 10 in the first place. That coupled with the fact no one out of the top 10 has a huge qb need. If one of the qbs is still left at 10 I could see them falling a bit ie aaron rogers.

ofcourse he is fielding calls....even if he is not , he is saying he is.

he'd be an idiot to deal it before draft day though....if Texans don't go Clowney , someone will make him an idiotic offer for the #2.

Back