Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Trade Idea

they just dropped probably the #2 WR in all of football and you say they won't be looking for a WR

You need to re-examine who the top WRs in football are. Like sggatecl just said in the comment above mine, there are plenty of WRs in the league better than Jackson (AJ Green, Josh Gordon, etc.)

that video u posted did not once mention mayhew or the lions so pipe it unless u have proof

The video that Hughes posted gave proof that the Rams were looking to trade down. From other sources there is proof that the Lions love Watkins. Since Watkins won't be available at #10, it doesn't take much reasoning to think that the Lions would consider trading up to the Rams spot. Just put 2 and 2 together.

Clowney's production was minimal last year compared to the hype. I really hope the Lions are not considering trading up to get him. If he doesn't go #1 and Lions jump up to #2, I'd prefer they go after Watkins or Gilbert. The potential of Clowney being a bust is too high for my taste, even if he did have Suh, Fairley, and Ansah to help him succeed. I think he would make even less of an impact than Fairley has to date.

I've previously said the biggest problem for the Lions was exposed last year. CJ goes down and the offense becomes non-existent. A solid #1A WR who can take over as #1 when CJ goes down is a necessity. I have to believe Mayhew has recognized this as well, which is why he went after Tate, but Tate is not a proven 1A so better to go get Watkins, though I'd be good with Evans too if they wait till #10 instead of giving up another pick.

Do I take Evans over Gilbert? Well, I'm not being paid to make that decision, but based on my comments above coupled with Lions CBs still on their collective upswing even if Houston does not return to prior form, I think I'd take Evans. CJ goes down, or is off the field even a short time, the O might as well punt regardless of down even though they got Tate (who most agree is slightly better than Burleson, but is not a guy who can take over if CJ goes down).

that video u posted did not once mention mayhew or the lions so pipe it unless u have proof

no shit fuckstick? no one listened to you the first time you said that.....so you felt the need to repeat it again? god damn ur a fucking idiot...

i said probably sgg man

You say "probably". I say "not a chance".

Jackson relies completely on his speed to take advantage of CBs with poor press technique. He has a history of being shut down or contained by top corners.

i just dont see the reason to trade up like i said given the depth problems

I do....CJ goes down the Lions offense becomes non existent we've seen it....sorry but as much as I like the Golden Tate signing....Tate , Durham and Ogletree just don't don't frighten anyone....lol

there is a serious depth problem at WR.

Last edited:
I do....CJ goes down the Lions offense becomes non existent we've seen it....sorry but as much as I like the Golden Tate signing....Tate , Durham and Ogletree just don't don't frighten anyone....lol

2ec520676c53b91a11177e6f49cf3cd3.gif

arent some of u a little worried considering our history with drafting WRs recently outside of CJ?

if a trade up meant a NFC title i'd be more up for it but the fact is detroit isn't close. they may contend for the division but not the NFC. This teams lack of depth is an issue and i know some of you have noted that as well. i don't want to run the risk of Draft picks for moving up.

if a trade up meant a NFC title i'd be more up for it but the fact is detroit isn't close. they may contend for the division but not the NFC. This teams lack of depth is an issue and i know some of you have noted that as well. i don't want to run the risk of Draft picks for moving up.

LKP is going to scold you SO hard.

hey i am optimistic but i am also realistic too. why the hell else would u be beating the trade down drum

hey i am optimistic but i am also realistic too. why the hell else would u be beating the trade down drum

since ur realistic.....if you sit at 10 youre realistically getting lewan or gilbert. Neither one is a major position of need considering we already have starters at those positions. Granted both would be seen as upgrades....you are then either benching Houston who you are paying a decent chunk too...or youre benching slay and ruining his development. In lewan your benching Waddle which doesn't give you a good chance to see what you have in him in this new offense. a 3rd realistic pick would be HHCD which means youre either sitting a #10 pick, sitting quin, or sitting your prized defensive FA signing Ihedigbo (yes I was saying prized sarcastically).

Now, ill agree I don't like moving up if its going to cost us half our draft. But if mayhew can pull off something reasonable and get clowney or Watkins....its probably better than sitting at 10.

Last edited:
since ur realistic.....if you sit at 10 youre realistically getting lewan or gilbert. Neither one is a major position of need considering we already have starters at those positions. Granted both would be seen as upgrades....you are then either benching Houston who you are paying a decent chunk too...or youre benching slay and ruining his development. In lewan your benching Waddle which doesn't give you a good chance to see what you have in him in this new offense. a 3rd realistic pick would be HHCD which means youre either sitting a #10 pick, sitting quin, or sitting your prized defensive FA signing Ihedigbo (yes I was saying prized sarcastically).

Now, ill agree I don't like moving up if its going to cost us half our draft. But if mayhew can pull off something reasonable and get clowney or Watkins....its probably better than sitting at 10.

Except there is still a solid chance of taking Barr at 10.

Except there is still a solid chance of taking Barr at 10.

Agreed, Barr is a realistic choice at 10. Hes probably the 2nd best rush end in the draft which means he has to get passed atl and buf. Probably isn't the best fit in a 4-3 and is very raw at the position. If youre picking a guy in the top 10 based on potential youd atleast hope he was a little more explosive. Plus side is he gives Austin a flexible body he can use in a number of different ways.

I was hoping Ealy would have a monster combine and shoot up the boards. But he was even less explosive than Barr at the combine.

Last edited:
Okay theory time, Slick shows up, LKP disappears..therefore Slick is LKP?

C'mon, is it possible?

I am really struggling with the idea of moving up. This draft overall doesn't excite me other than a few guys. I think Wr is a position of need so the thought of adding Watkins is great. He is definitely an elite prospect. Also I just don't see the pieces we need. HHCD would be a nice pick at 10 because I think he will end up being a good player but I also don't think he is a top 10 pick in most drafts, same with Pryor. No lb fits our defense well a lot of 3-4 rush olbs not a lot of 4-3 olbs. I guess a guy like mack would be a nice piece but see him as more of a blitzer and less of a coverage guy, plus his range just might not be there.(a move up would be required) Barr doesn't fit here at all there is just no point considering it. Lewan is interesting but Tackle is just not needed. We have good players there and they are cheap. Can't justify a TE now. No cb worth grabbing plus we have pieces there that are already payed so it would be a waste in the immediate future. I hate giving up picks when we have holes but they just aren't holes we can fill in this draft so screw it just go up and get him and hope we can win some damn games.

Back