Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

DURR it's cold outside there can't be no global warming or hurrrrr

So without further ado, Detroit?s own Sandra Joseph performing numbers as Christine Daae, punctuating her ten year run performing that role, the longest run on the longest running show on Broadway.

I don't believe in phantoms, or operas.

You think the articles about plummeting ocean fish numbers are fake, or true and not a problem, or not related to human activity, or what?

The only articles I?ve read are about shellfish not being able to manufacture the carbon whatever it is to maintain the hardness of their shells. I?ve not read about plummeting ocean fish numbers. What fish and what numbers?

The only articles I?ve read are about shellfish not being able to manufacture the carbon whatever it is to maintain the hardness of their shells. I?ve not read about plummeting ocean fish numbers. What fish and what numbers?

Something I've been hearing about for I don't know how long. I'll look something up in a bit here.

It's mostly due to over fishing, not water temps. I go to FL every fall to fish and golf. We charter a boat and the regulations of what you can catch and how many is very strict because of over fishing. My guess is other countries don't follow such strict rules (China)

We haven't had power for over 12 hours.. like over half TX is without power. has nothing to do with wind turbines.

everything to do with a screwed up state grid, designed to maximize profit during normal operations and no accountability or planning for extreme events.

my house got down to 46F last night. all my fish in the aquarium died.

people all over are dying from the cold, or CO poisoning, but at least TX doesn't let the federal government stick it's nose in their business...

who knew lobbyist buzz words like "red tape" and "job killing regulations" actually spurred investment...??

I've heard stories all over the place in terms of how bad it is and how tough it is to build back over the years. Some of the early efforts were wildly successful. But what's going on with the coral reefs is a tragedy. Coral reefs are the rainforests of the ocean, tiny % of ocean, 25% of biodiversity. Acid and warmer temps kills them (term is 'bleaching'). They grow back very slowly (although we just recently found a way to seed coral reef organisms to speed things up.) Something like a quarter to half have died in recent years.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ocean-fish-numbers-cut-in-half-since-1970/

We haven't had power for over 12 hours.. like over half TX is without power. has nothing to do with wind turbines.

everything to do with a screwed up state grid, designed to maximize profit during normal operations and no accountability or planning for extreme events.

people all over are dying from the cold, or CO poisoning, but at least TX doesn't let the federal government stick it's nose in their business...

who knew lobbyist buzz words like "red tape" and "job killing regulations" actually spurred investment...??

Wow. I've heard it was bad from a friend that's picking on wind power and climate change ideas right now, but I hadn't realized people were dying. Sorry to hear about your fish.

should stick to fossil fuels for heating

should stick to fossil fuels for heating

it's not that. all the gas plants are out. the state grid and supply is totally fucked up and mismanaged.

fuck if you have solar panels on your house you have power right now.

Gobs of work has gone into weather forecasting so you can ramp up/down fossil fuel or nuclear to cover what solar/wind won't do. That's how solar and wind is done, as a supplement when available.

Gobs of work has gone into weather forecasting so you can ramp up/down fossil fuel or nuclear to cover what solar/wind won't do. That's how solar and wind is done, as a supplement when available.

they were predicting this for over a week here.

they are going to be finding people frozen to death or suffocated to death from CO poisoning in their homes and garages all over TX in the next week.

the south tx nuclear plant is offline now too! went offline last night.

this is a fucking disaster. anyone not calling it that is either an idiot or doing PR for the energy companies

for gods sake, stop using your phone, the battery may die and you might need it for an emergency!

All kidding aside...it does suck. I know that Texans aren't used to this weather and aren't properly prepared (not that you're a Texan...just in general)

they were predicting this for over a week here.

they are going to be finding people frozen to death or suffocated to death from CO poisoning in their homes and garages all over TX in the next week.

I don't know about now, but over a decade ago, the best models were European and they were focused on about a 2 day window, and detailed to the point of predicting a windspeed at each turbine location. The available power increases with airspeed cubed. 10% more speed, 33% more power (by physics theory, practically, probably close to that in the sweet spot of a turbine, but tapering off outside of the sweet spot), and it takes like 12 or 18 hours to adjust the production of the main power plant. You want to cut as much as possible without going too far.

Last edited:
You still believe this, huh?

Change in the ocean pH or the composition of the Earth's atmosphere means nothing to you.

I still believe what I have always believed and that is that man is not changing the climate and freaking out over carbon dioxide levels is utter nonsense especially considering CO2 is a life giving compound, we're nowhere near peak levels and there's scant evidence that carbon levels are correlated with temperature. I am concerned about pollution and the things we put in the earth that are impacting the air we breath, food we eat and the water we drink. This apccc crisis is just part of the push toward globalization and getting the masses to surrender to the people who wish to rule over everyone. It's not denying science, it's refusing to bow to those who politicize pseudo science to gain more power.

I also don't believe that lying and fear mongering because the truth won't get people to change their behavior will get us the real solution to the real problem. I think that's worse than what we're actually doing to the environment and like with COVID, the unintended consequences of the fixes will likely be worse than the actual problem.

Last edited:
So without further ado, Detroit’s own Sandra Joseph performing numbers as Christine Daae, punctuating her ten year run performing that role, the longest run on the longest running show on Broadway.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=enAf0TuDjaI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5PLdYvMwMT8

She's from Harper Woods, not Detroit but I guess it's close enough. Most of the time, I tell people I'm from Detroit or I say "suburban Detroit" - especially when talking to people who aren't from Michigan, it's just easier. What's actually weirder about that is I lived in the Detroit area longer than I've lived anywhere else, but I've lived away from the Detroit area and Michigan much longer than I lived there, but I still say that's where I'm from.

Last edited:
I still believe what I have always believed and that is that man is not changing the climate and freaking out over carbon levels is utter nonsense especially considering we're nowhere near peak levels and there's scant evidence that carbon levels are correlated with temperature. I am concerned about pollution and the things we put in the earth that are impacting the air we breath, food we eat and the water we drink. This apccc crisis is just part of the push toward globalization and getting the masses to surrender to the people who wish to rule over everyone. It's not denying science, it's refusing to bow to those who politicize pseudo science to gain more power.

I also don't believe that lying to people about a boogey man that's going to kill us all and end the earth as we know it because people won't change their behavior otherwise will get us the real solution to the real problem. I think that's worse than what we're actually doing to the environment.

Are there any politicians you've voted for to support the idea that you are concerned about pollution and the things we put in the earth that are impacting the air we breath, food we eat and the water we drink?

Last edited:
Back