Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ESPN boards

jever4321

What a train wreck over there. Does anyone still visit those boards? I do, but I don't want to post anything there. I'm sure they are tracking views and posts, I just wonder how far they are off percentage-wise with posting/traffic since the new ro-"bust" forum launched.

Jever4321 said:
What a train wreck over there. Does anyone still visit those boards? I do, but I don't want to post anything there. I'm sure they are tracking views and posts, I just wonder how far they are off percentage-wise with posting/traffic since the new ro-"bust" forum launched.

I stopped visiting. Eventually the other post counts will catch up to Michigan. Right away our board shot up to like 300 posts, and now it's definitely slowed down.

Yeah, I noticed that. I think the UM board had 100+ posts in the first day. Two weeks later its dead locked at 378. I think the main board only has 2k posts in two weeks. They have to notice those stats suck.

It will be interesting to see what happens when they close down the old boards. Right now on the main NCAA board there's like 1 post a day - and a few hundred on the old boards.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
It will be interesting to see what happens when they close down the old boards. Right now on the main NCAA board there's like 1 post a day - and a few hundred on the old boards.
Yep, they can't ignore that fact, can they?

So are you guys holding out hope they'll bring back the old system or something? Seems to me this is a far better alternative, given the fact that there's no trolling, and even if there was it would be stopped immediately.

Bring back the old system, I'm still staying here. Its alive here. The Lions, Tigers and Michigan boards are flying.

Wherever you guys go, I'll go. I just want to talk to people. But, it's nice here, and there are less restrictions. We can post links and not have them deleted, drop F bombs, etc...

I would post on both boards if ESPN fixed all the problems over there. I really like this board, but I also like bouncing to other boards on ESPN.

The lions and tigers boards are especially dead, most of the users that frequented those 2 boards are here.

At first i was really skeptical that this board would be any good. But I was talked into it by KC and Jesse and a few others and I really like it. This is going to sound silly but the first few days after ESPN made their announcement I was hurt,pissed and frustrated with them.. So I sulked about it.. But this board is fantastic.. It really is going to fly come football season if the Lions do good and the Wolverines start improving. I also think some Spartan fans will get that board moving too. I did not think there would be 200-250 now over 300 have signed up..... A big WOW and thank you for Jesse.

It's funny because most of the posts overe there are from some of the ones that have signed up here. Once the old boards are gone, they'll lose most of their traffic. Some will still go over there once in a while and try to mix it up with other teams. Fine by me. We have a bunch of regulars on this board and very few 0 reply threads. ESPN had a dozen or so on each page. And last check we're almost at 10,000 posts.

actually, checking the new boards these are the post counts

tigers 589
lions 345
wolverines 382
pistons 12
red wings 50

.....yikes.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Who's Jesse?

no idea. not me.......
shocked.gif

My only problem with this board, and its not much of a problem...more like a trade off, is that with the espn boards the participation was literally global. Anyone from any team, school or region of the country or world for that matter could find the board and post their opinions. With this board's exclusivity we really won't have that, but like I said the trade off is the trolls also won't be coming around either.

wlvrnstlr4life said:
I like the fact posts won't be deleted for no reason.

lol dude i swear to god i almost deleted your post just for shits and giggles.

Ercole, how many times did those posts from other schools involve garbage?? Yeah, that's a nice feature, but at the end of the day, we talked with each other 99 percent of the time. It was RARE that another school's poster came over and wanted to have a meaningful discussion.

Back