Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Evan Brown

Why the fuck do the Lions still have Ragnow on the roster? Evan Brown is far better and doesn't cost anything.

Trade Ragnow for more Round 1 picks, though with his injury they will actually likely only get Round 3 at best, but maybe there are some suckers who will take him off our hands.

Evan Brown All Pro.

Typical Lions management not to do the right thing.

And to all of you about to bitch me out, this entire post was one filled with sarcasm, but if Brown really is that good, I am not opposed to either him or Ragnow at C next year and the other at G. I personally think moving Ragnow back to G is the better option as I prefer the better run blocker at G... but that's just my opinion. It would be awesome if the Lions finally found a diamond in the rough.

Why the fuck do the Lions still have Ragnow on the roster? Evan Brown is far better and doesn't cost anything.

Trade Ragnow for more Round 1 picks, though with his injury they will actually likely only get Round 3 at best, but maybe there are some suckers who will take him off our hands.

Evan Brown All Pro.

Typical Lions management not to do the right thing.

And to all of you about to bitch me out, this entire post was one filled with sarcasm, but if Brown really is that good, I am not opposed to either him or Ragnow at C next year and the other at G. I personally think moving Ragnow back to G is the better option as I prefer the better run blocker at G... but that's just my opinion. It would be awesome if the Lions finally found a diamond in the rough.

Ragnow did not play center his rookie year in 2018, he played guard. It didn't go as well as him at center though it was his rookie year. He's much better at center though like all pro/legit pro bowl. Brown should move to guard or draft a better RG in the mid-rounds once they cut Vaitai.

Also not opposed to Vaitai taking a 4 million pay cut to stay. That is the cap savings we would get if we cut him so try the pay cut first so you don't lose a player who can start and good depth at tackle to have too.

Last edited:
Ragnow did not play center his rookie year in 2018, he played guard. It didn't go as well as him at center though it was his rookie year. He's much better at center though like all pro/legit pro bowl. Brown should move to guard or draft a better RG in the mid-rounds once they cut Vaitai.

Also not opposed to Vaitai taking a 4 million pay cut to stay. That is the cap savings we would get if we cut him so try the pay cut first so you don't lose a player who can start and good depth at tackle to have too.

100% agree with this. Vatai has actually been solid this year. The thing is though, you don't pay solid guards 10mil a year. They can usually be had for 3-5mil. If Vatai wants to take a pay cut great, if not we should find someone cheaper.

I get that Ragnow is All Pro level at C, but if Brown maintains this level, then he is also All Pro level. Having one All Pro on the bench makes no sense. If one of them is capable of playing well at G, then you play that one at G with the knowledge if your C is injured you have an All Pro backup...which is insane to think about.

I still think Ragnow would be the better G, but I defer to the coaches as they have all this info and will maximize the OL as needed.

To me this also highlights the OL coaches performing extremely well. Brown previously played for other teams and did not perform even close to this high of a level. That is coaching.

This off-season we will be seeing FAs wanting to come to Detroit, which has not been the case in a VERY long time. The future is incredibly bright right now.

Maybe a silver lining with all these injuries. Guys like Brown and Nelson will get plenty of NFL experience this year and should at least provide some good depth going forward. Same with the CBs.

Glad they opted to play younger guys this year rather than mediocre vets eating up snaps.

Last edited:
Maybe a silver lining with all these injuries. Guys like Brown and Nelson will get plenty of NFL experience this year and should at least provide some good depth going forward. Same with the CBs.

Some guys never take the next step. Nelson is young and developing but hasn't been good with Brown. They should add a better swing tackle as 3rd OT for sure once they can. Bigger position to find first but I guess with Sewell at RT and Decker at LT they just need a backup RT. Plus like I said Vaitai can play both too.

Stenberg is on IR now too so we have no guard depth so couldn't move Vaitai. They have him locked in at guard

Some guys never take the next step. Nelson is young and developing but hasn't been good with Brown. They should add a better swing tackle as 3rd OT for sure once they can. Bigger position to find first but I guess with Sewell at RT and Decker at LT they just need a backup RT. Plus like I said Vaitai can play both too.

Stenberg is on IR now too so we have no guard depth so couldn't move Vaitai. They have him locked in at guard

I would disagree with Nelson. He has been playing O-Line for 2 years now and I think he has been serviceable. He is obviously the weak line on this line, but he hasn't been awful to the point where I would move on from viable cheap swing tackle.

I would disagree with Nelson. He has been playing O-Line for 2 years now and I think he has been serviceable. He is obviously the weak line on this line, but he hasn't been awful to the point where I would move on from viable cheap swing tackle.

He is ERFA next year. Yeah you sign him and have him compete at RT backup but need to add more talent too at tackle. A veteran really probably better than draft. Don't use Round 2 or 3 on a tackle but a developmental guy like we had with Crosby on day 3

Glad they opted to play younger guys this year rather than mediocre vets eating up snaps.

Rebuild done the right way.

Year 1. Shed contracts. Trade any tradable player not on rookie deal. Play young guys.

Rebuild done the right way.

Year 1. Shed contracts. Trade any tradable player not on rookie deal. Play young guys.

Wait...but the Bob Quin/Matt Patricia approach of:

dont draft well and dont play any of your picks
sign a bunch of aging veterans that only fit your scheme
overpay for them to come here

...was working so well!

I still think the RG issue has a potential resolution with Brown/Ragnow. Safety will likely be Okudah if he is healthy enough, and able to make the adjustment. I actually think him playing a position where everything happens in front of him has potential.

Back