Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Extension

sggatecl said:
DR said:
Ahh, didn't think about Avila. Man I hope he sticks.

From an AP report- "The Tigers also extended the contracts of assistant general manager Al Avila, vice president for amateur scouting David Chadd, vice president for player personnel Scott Reid and baseball legal counsel John Westhoff."

Also, good to see a fair number of you over here. :) Looking forward to the playoffs.

Chadd too....nice.

Only significant holdout left on ESPN, at least as far as Tigers' fans go, is the thread-sniper sbee, who also quite often apparently posted on the Spartans board, of which I have never visited. I was going to try to deal with their sheepbook-like more roBUST forums, but they recently even removed members' ability to edit posts, that along with not being able to bump threads, was the final straw for me, made it easier to leave.... and these boards are light-years better so far, IMO.

DR said:
Has anybody messaged him on ESPN? He should be here.

I emailed sbee and he said he was going to give the new boards a chance and also to see if they fix a few glitches.

Not many GM's out there that have been to the World Series 3 times. Not many managers out there with a world series ring available that don't have dirt in thier face.

0-1 since the contract extension.. I am tried of the Tigers collapsing every year with Jim at the helm.. He better get it done this year...They waste to many games in the season for my tastes..

Back