Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fister

jdeb said:
Next year, I would like to see the Tigers re-acquire Furbush and land AJ Dickey.

3-4-5 starters Fister, Dickey, Furbush rotation sounds pretty erotic.
What happened to Putkonen?

MI_Thumb said:
Anyone know if Mikenbig jumped in front of a bus?

He was all over the M's board telling them how bad they raped us because Fister was garbage, and Furbush + Wells were future all stars.

F that know nothing idiot, who never answers your question but will respond with another question, or make you chase him with something else irrelevant to the topic. He does the same thing at a Tigers minor league site. All the insults the past few years, to you, sbee, BigBob, myself, and anyone else who has the 'audacity' to disagree with him.
mikenbig/sergioalpert should drill a hole in his side and let the sap pour out
First it was Raburn, then Galarraga, this Fister trade, comparing a low ceiling 28 year old Moscoso to 22 year old Porcello, and then Smyly who projects to a mid rotation, at best by the people/posters who actually watch the Tigers minor leaguers and cross check with Tigers scouts.

Depending on how Porcello does, if he can revert back to July, or continues on a Jeckyl and Hyde season, Tigers might/could go into the playoffs with Fister as the third starter.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Depending on how Porcello does, if he can revert back to July, or continues on a Jeckyl and Hyde season, Tigers might/could go into the playoffs with Fister as the third starter.

No doubt.

If Fister keeps this up i can see him eventually as our #2. Max has better velocity, but he's too inconsistant.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Yeah it flew a 100 miles over my head. But I'm a clean Catholic boy :) .

LOL. I know a couple of catholic girls and ... forget it
lipsrsealed.png

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Depending on how Porcello does, if he can revert back to July, or continues on a Jeckyl and Hyde season, Tigers might/could go into the playoffs with Fister as the third starter.

For sure. I actually think the Tigers are built very well for the playoffs since they have a few premier players who can carry you. Assuming they make the playoffs they'll have the best SP, best offensive SS, best offensive C and best offensive 1B among all playoff teams. Over the course of the year I think having a "balanced team" is important but in a short series having a bunch of studs is more important, which is what I think the Tigers have.

masterscorpio77 said:
As of right now, I do believe Fister is better than Porcello.

Definitely better than Porcello. For one he's got better command of all pitches, for another he's got a more explosive fastball. Fister's FB may "only" top out at 92-93 but he has such a long stride and wingspan(because of his height) he generally releases the ball much closer to home plate. So even though it may only register at 92 it gets on a hitter like its 95 because it's released much closer to the plate. Plus it has a ton of movement on it. On top of that Fister can throw offspeed pitches for strikes unlike Porcello.

I see some similarities between Fister and Porcello, but Porcello puts too many pitches in the heart of the zone. And not being a strikeout pitcher, you cannot walk the amount of people Porcello does. I hope that maybe Fister can help Porcello with his secondary pitches and just having another pitcher with a similar style might be a boost. I'm ok with Porcello right now. Remember, he is only like 23 years old. Most pitchers don't develop that consistency until age 26 or 27. I agree he needs to improve, but I give him a fairly long leash.

mcombs said:
[color=#006400 said:

For sure. I actually think the Tigers are built very well for the playoffs since they have a few premier players who can carry you. Assuming they make the playoffs they'll have the best SP, best offensive SS, best offensive C and best offensive 1B among all playoff teams. Over the course of the year I think having a "balanced team" is important but in a short series having a bunch of studs is more important, which is what I think the Tigers have.

Adrian Gonzalez is having a pretty fucking good year, probably better than Miggy.

27tigers said:
I see some similarities between Fister and Porcello, but Porcello puts too many pitches in the heart of the zone. And not being a strikeout pitcher, you cannot walk the amount of people Porcello does. I hope that maybe Fister can help Porcello with his secondary pitches and just having another pitcher with a similar style might be a boost. I'm ok with Porcello right now. Remember, he is only like 23 years old. Most pitchers don't develop that consistency until age 26 or 27. I agree he needs to improve, but I give him a fairly long leash.

imo, a good post here. I couldn't agree more beginning to end.

If the playoffs started today, Fister would have to be #2. Max #3....skip the 4th guy. Maximum Verlander!

I think Penny becomes the 4th pitcher if they choose one. Seriously. I believe he has a better opportunity to pitch a better game than Porcello right now.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":6gdea3ff]Anyone know if Mikenbig jumped in front of a bus?

He was all over the M's board telling them how bad they raped us because Fister was garbage, and Furbush + Wells were future all stars.

F that know nothing idiot, who never answers your question but will respond with another question, or make you chase him with something else irrelevant to the topic. He does the same thing at a Tigers minor league site. All the insults the past few years, to you, sbee, BigBob, myself, and anyone else who has the 'audacity' to disagree with him.
mikenbig/sergioalpert should drill a hole in his side and let the sap pour out
First it was Raburn, then Galarraga, this Fister trade, comparing a low ceiling 28 year old Moscoso to 22 year old Porcello, and then Smyly who projects to a mid rotation, at best by the people/posters who actually watch the Tigers minor leaguers and cross check with Tigers scouts.
[/quote:6gdea3ff]

I do a lot of Tigers minor leagues stuff, and I can say EVERYTHING I have heard has Smyly as a mid-rotation guy at best. That being said, mid-rotation is pretty darn good, and if that is the case, Smyly was a heck of a pick. He has certainly gotten results thus far.

Back