Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fister

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":dwgoh9dd]Anyone know if Mikenbig jumped in front of a bus?

He was all over the M's board telling them how bad they raped us because Fister was garbage, and Furbush + Wells were future all stars.

F that know nothing idiot, who never answers your question but will respond with another question, or make you chase him with something else irrelevant to the topic. He does the same thing at a Tigers minor league site. All the insults the past few years, to you, sbee, BigBob, myself, and anyone else who has the 'audacity' to disagree with him.
mikenbig/sergioalpert should drill a hole in his side and let the sap pour out
First it was Raburn, then Galarraga, this Fister trade, comparing a low ceiling 28 year old Moscoso to 22 year old Porcello, and then Smyly who projects to a mid rotation, at best by the people/posters who actually watch the Tigers minor leaguers and cross check with Tigers scouts.
[/quote:dwgoh9dd]+1 for you, sir.
grin.png
He's one of the worst posters around, yet he's rarely mentioned in the same breath as Chica or Glover.

Not a question that's easily answered, but can anybody think of a pitcher who has pitched as well as Fister, but had a record that bad? Seriously, he's now 6-13 after rattling of 3 of 4 wins here, but he's sporting a 3.26ERA and a 1.16 WHIP. Talk about terrible run support in Seattle.

Checked on Wells and Furbush today.

Furbush is having the same problem, keeping the ball in the yard.... 11 homers in 60+ innings overall. His WHIP is about the same, a bit better in Seattle, ERA through the roof, though, at over 6.00+.

Wells cooled off, now hitting .220ish with good power for Seattle.

I still see Wells as a lefty killer platoon outfielder and Furbush as a 5/6 starter long man in the pen.

Martinez has been the same in Seattle's system. Small amount of power, decent average, low walks/ OBP.

That's exactly right. Not sure why anyone got all upset by trading Wells. I liked Furbush but its a long shot for him being a quality starter. One thing I really liked about Fister, especially over the Jimenez dude -- is that he was pitching well before the trade in the Amercan League.

Hopefully in two years I feel the same way.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]That's exactly right. Not sure why anyone got all upset by trading Wells. I liked Furbush but its a long shot for him being a quality starter. One thing I really liked about Fister, especially over the Jimenez dude -- is that he was pitching well before the trade in the Amercan League.

I was sad to see Wells go and thought he was never given a chance here in Detroit. However, I was not upset by the trade. I still think it will go down as a win win for both teams and if the season were to end today, I'd have to go with Fister as our #3 for the playoffs. Anyone disagree?

kingofdetroit57 said:
Not a question that's easily answered, but can anybody think of a pitcher who has pitched as well as Fister, but had a record that bad? Seriously, he's now 6-13 after rattling of 3 of 4 wins here, but he's sporting a 3.26ERA and a 1.16 WHIP. Talk about terrible run support in Seattle.

There have been some pretty bad records considering the other stats,

2007 Matt Cain 7-16 3.65 ERA 1.26 WHIP
2004 Ben Sheets 12-14 2.70 ERA 0.98 WHIP
1998 Omar Daal 8-12 2.88 ERA 1.21 WHIP
1992 Jim Abbott 7-15 2.77 ERA 1.31 WHIP

Nolan Ryan had a few years of winning less than you'd think with the way he pitched. In '87 he had a 2.76 ERA and was 8-16.

bdtay71 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]That's exactly right. Not sure why anyone got all upset by trading Wells. I liked Furbush but its a long shot for him being a quality starter. One thing I really liked about Fister, especially over the Jimenez dude -- is that he was pitching well before the trade in the Amercan League.

I was sad to see Wells go and thought he was never given a chance here in Detroit. However, I was not upset by the trade. I still think it will go down as a win win for both teams and if the season were to end today, I'd have to go with Fister as our #3 for the playoffs. Anyone disagree?

At this point, it's JV, Fister, Max then pray for rain.

Romneybot said:
kingofdetroit57 said:

There have been some pretty bad records considering the other stats,

2007 Matt Cain 7-16 3.65 ERA 1.26 WHIP
2004 Ben Sheets 12-14 2.70 ERA 0.98 WHIP
1998 Omar Daal 8-12 2.88 ERA 1.21 WHIP
1992 Jim Abbott 7-15 2.77 ERA 1.31 WHIP
Pretty crazy. Fister's stats v. record are at least a puzzling as those ones. It seems like there is always one guy in the rotation that gets no run support and Fister has been that guy this year.

JimRice said:
bdtay71 said:

At this point, it's JV, Fister, Max then pray for rain.

During the season, that's not bad because Chicago and Cleveland have problems in the rotation too. In the playoffs that's all you need.

Back