Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Flynn to seattle.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
cheeno said:
True but they signed him cheap enough that they can 86 him or draft a rookie without much financial repercussion. Arizona are the ones who really messed up if Kolb doesn't pan out.

Yes, but still the recent "I don't play much but then have some success on a good team and sign with a lesser team making big bucks" hasn't been working. Cassell, Kolb etc. I think Seattle got desperate or their dumb as shit.

And Maize, Joe Webb torched us too should he get big bucks?

I agree there have been some high profile flops lately bringing in backups to start, but this is a relatively cheap gamble for the Seahawks, giving up nothing an paying $10 million in guaranteed money. Arizona and KC gave up much more for their guys.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
cheeno said:
True but they signed him cheap enough that they can 86 him or draft a rookie without much financial repercussion. Arizona are the ones who really messed up if Kolb doesn't pan out.

Yes, but still the recent "I don't play much but then have some success on a good team and sign with a lesser team making big bucks" hasn't been working. Cassell, Kolb etc. I think Seattle got desperate or their dumb as shit.

Worked for Houston. Of course Seattle is desparate, but this isn't a terrible deal. They're only paying him $7 million or so the first two years, unless incentives kick in, in which case they'll be happy.

Thank god Manning didn't go to SF so Miami can (hopefully) lose out on the Alex Smith, uh, sweepstakes. Sure, they're fucked, but I might have had to quit following them if they gave Smith a big deal.

Why does seattle keep taking other team's backups? When was the last time they drafted a QB or even played a QB that they drafted?

After picking Dan McGwire 16th and Rick Mirer 2nd in 1991 and 1993 respectively they swore to never make that mistake ever again. In a way you can't blame them..

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Flynn has played more than one time.

And Webb didn't come close to the same numbers

That's because he didn't come in until late and were lucky a call went our way. He was killing us.

DR said:
After picking Dan McGwire 16th and Rick Mirer 2nd in 1991 and 1993 respectively they swore to never make that mistake ever again. In a way you can't blame them..

The mistake wasn't drafting a QB but drafting McGwire and Mirer, lol.

Webb threw it 23 times for 84yrds. What a monster lol.

Almost half of his total yards was one long run.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
DR said:

The mistake wasn't drafting a QB but drafting McGwire and Mirer, lol.

I know, "..." is my ;)

DR said:

What a terrible strategy. So, let's go after backup QB's and hope they pan out because they don't have enough balls? ...lol.

tonyballs said:
DR said:

What a terrible strategy. So, let's go after backup QB's and hope they pan out because they don't have enough balls? ...lol.

Oh, well now that you mention it, maybe you can blame them. I might have to rethink this whole thing.

SLICK said:
70 of his 132 career attempts have came against the Detroit Lions.

basically Flynns played 1 1/2 games vs the Lions and 1 full game vs the Patriots in his career.

SLICK: What's your CFL team of choice. I was always a Roughriders fan. Or was it Rough Riders? Eight CFL teams and only seven nicknames in Canada? And who applied the Ti-Cats decals back in the day? Was the guy not wearing his glasses?

smayschmouthfootball said:
SLICK said:

basically Flynns played 1 1/2 games vs the Lions and 1 full game vs the Patriots in his career.

SLICK: What's your CFL team of choice. I was always a Roughriders fan. Or was it Rough Riders? Eight CFL teams and only seven nicknames in Canada? And who applied the Ti-Cats decals back in the day? Was the guy not wearing his glasses?

LOL

smayschmouthfootball said:
SLICK said:

no clue...I think the only CFL game I have ever watched was when Flutie QB'd the Toronto team in the Grey Cup one year.

CFL is just weird. When you can get a point for kicking the ball in the end zone, its just weird. And the play where you kick into end zone, they kick it back and you kick it back and on and on, its a gimmick league.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]CFL is just weird. When you can get a point for kicking the ball in the end zone, its just weird. And the play where you kick into end zone, they kick it back and you kick it back and on and on, its a gimmick league.

I follow the CFL and they have some good players (Cam Wake and Brandon Browner come to mind). Some of the rules are just goofy and outdated and there are only seven teams which is brutal. The situation you described comes up about 1 in 1000000 times. It's a decent d league since NFL Europe and Arena folded.

The CFL has been around long enough to earn respect. I like watching it. I think that the NFL could definitely adopt the wider field and also lengthen the end zones, too. (by five yards, anyway).

The CFL has been around long enough to earn respect. I like watching it. I think that the NFL could definitely adopt the wider field and also lengthen the end zones, too. (by five yards, anyway).

That would just kill the defense. QB are throwing 5000 yards, wider field and they might get to 8000. Defenses are already pissed that they can't hit anyone now they have more field to cover? They might just revolt.

I follow the CFL and they have some good players (Cam Wake and Brandon Browner come to mind). Some of the rules are just goofy and outdated and there are only seven teams which is brutal. The situation you described comes up about 1 in 1000000 times. It's a decent d league since NFL Europe and Arena folded.

7 teams is brutal and the AFL is still playing. I think it went down a year but I watched their last title game.

Back