Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Football Departures

I am starting to think the "Harbaugh to the NFL" rumors may have some legs. It has been all over sports talk radio and sports websites. If there were no truth to some of the rumors, wouldn't you think JH would want to squash them ASAP?

I think he doesn't care to dignify them with a response. But it would be kinda funny if he did go after all.

Especially if he went to Jacksonville...

I am starting to think the "Harbaugh to the NFL" rumors may have some legs. It has been all over sports talk radio and sports websites. If there were no truth to some of the rumors, wouldn't you think JH would want to squash them ASAP?

So difficult to try and discern exactly what is going on. On one hand, Jim has time before he needs to publicly squash the rumors. If he intends to stay he certainly need sthat to be public before national signing day.

Then there's the very real possibility that he's genuinely entertaining the NFL. I don't think he would do so based on money alone because Michigan would pay him whatever he wanted if that were the case. I think that there may be a part of him that sees a super bowl as the biggest accomplishment in the sport and wants to try to get one. I also think it's possible to want a change because of the expectations he has here and how quickly Michigan fans turn on him.

It's also entirely plausible that he has every intention of staying but is leveraging the situation to get Michigan to establish a NIL program, commit more money to assistant salaries and get back some for himself.

My guess is a combination of 2 and 3. He is legitimately going to entertain the offers from the NFL but if Michigan meets his demands he will stay. If they're unwilling to make the changes he deems necessary to compete for national championships (and even with OSU) then he will take the best available NFL job.

I hope he stays and I hope Michigan opens the floodgates. If they don't I don't fault him for leaving. You can't expect him to compete with OSU/UGA/Bama with his hands tied but they do and when it doesn't work they cut his pay.

I think it has legs too, We will know by Monday or Tuesday if there is any truth to it Id think.

However I think a lot of it has to do with the admin of the University. If they get it together and are willing to do what it takes to compete, especially with the NIL money then he will probably stay. I don't see any NFL team where he can step in and make a Super Bowl run in a few years. The Raiders maybe his best hope if that's what he wants, but they would be a long shot IMO.

Ill throw this out and take the hate, but if he leaves, I want Fickell. I would say Hart but I don't think he has the expertise to be a HC yet.

What recruit is he telling this too? I have seen this all over but haven't seen a direct quote from any recruit.

Don?t know. I?m not out on the recruiting trail with him or talking to any recruits directly. I?m also not starting or spreading the rumors, just sharing headlines. Personally, I have my doubts about this one - I think Harbaugh has been at this long enough that he would know better than to tell kids he is recruiting that he might not be at uofm next year.

Last edited:
Don?t know. I?m not out on the recruiting trail with him or talking to any recruits directly. I?m also not starting or spreading the rumors, just sharing headlines. Personally, I have my doubts about this one - I think Harbaugh has been at this long enough that he would know better than to tell kids he is recruiting that he might not be at uofm next year.

My question wasn't directed at you. Just more in general, as I don't think he would be telling recruits he may leave while he's recruiting.

I feel as if that headline is more a ploy to drive recruits away from UM from an outside source.

According to Darrius Clemons' father Harbaugh told them that he would listen if NFL teams called. There's nothing wrong with that and it sounds like they appreciated his honesty.

My question wasn't directed at you. Just more in general, as I don't think he would be telling recruits he may leave while he's recruiting.

I feel as if that headline is more a ploy to drive recruits away from UM from an outside source.

Probably Nick Saban or Dabo Swinney.

Back