Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Football Schedule

MSU would be a home game 3 years in a row.

they'll cry about that, but the outcome would be the same regardless.

If the games were actually played.

We might be able to play again in 2022.

Only like 21 more months of the pandemic to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Medical Protocol Release:

Working with the Big Ten Task Force for Emerging Infectious Diseases (Task Force) and the Big Ten Sports Medicine Committee (Committee), the Big Ten Conference also released its medical policies and protocols for all sports on the specific topics of testing requirements, and quarantine and isolation. Testing will be managed by a third-party laboratory to ensure consistency across the Conference.

Due to the rapidly evolving nature of the pandemic, the protocols will be updated regularly as new information becomes available and feedback from student-athletes is continuously evaluated.

The protocols have been developed to guide institutions in the minimum necessary requirements needed to participate in athletics in the 2020-21 academic year. These protocols, which will go into effect at the start of the competitive season and complement local protocols already in place at the institutional level, serve to provide specific requirements, in addition to considerations that have previously been developed by the Task Force, the Autonomy 5 Medical Advisory Group and the NCAA.

Aim for the minimum to ensure success!

Attempting to stage and manage athletic activity on this scale in the middle of a pandemic reminds me of this:

tenor.gif

They put thought into these clauses.
"Additionally, testing on the day of competition (or within 24 hours of competition for each team that can be quarantined) with an FDA-approved test with less than 5% false negatives, with results delivered at least two hours before competition"
I'm not even sure if this exists. I'm not saying it doesn't.

"Automatic medical redshirt for any player who misses any competitions due to a positive test or a mandatory quarantine due to contact tracing"

You know this would yield a ton of intentional covid cases at the end of the season.

I don't know if everyone already saw it, but Penn State's best player, Micah Parsons, is opting out of the season.

Same with Minn's best player, Rashod Bateman is opting out of the upcoming college football season

smart.

I've read 20-30% of people that get it (not sure if that's everyone who tests positive or only those that develop symptoms) have long term complications.

This could be more damaging to their draft stock than a torn ACL

smart.

I've read 20-30% of people that get it (not sure if that's everyone who tests positive or only those that develop symptoms) have long term complications.

how do they know if they have long term complications when it's a new virus?

how do they know if they have long term complications when it's a new virus?
It's been around for months. I think that's what they are talking about now, people that are sick for months. There's also speculation based on (I think) observed damage to lung tissue that could be an issue later.

It's been around for months. I think that's what they are talking about now, people that are sick for months. There's also speculation based on (I think) observed damage to lung tissue that could be an issue later.

so...lingering effects with potential for long term.

I'm nonplussed to consider how COVID cannot fail to spread in the course of a football game, even if all participants test negative.

Last edited:
Back